Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Crysanthe Mariveaux (Ultros)

Oh seven hells, I didn't know!~

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm gonna have to try that low score run anyway. That was crazy!

I loved how he hopped up and down a bunch of times after making that impossible jump on 8-1

Articles

It's adorable. If someone achieves the 999,999 score required for a draw, there is a modified version of that run in have in mind for a tie breaker. The variation revolves around the scoring vs number of levels cleared so the actual gameplay part isn't affected. Give it a shot bubba, let's us know how you do.

Articles

So only 4 days left to submit your entries! Bubba is still in the lead but his score still can be topped. I've seen it happen before!

Also Mercen-X, can you like, explain why you have 501k points on world 1-1 or am I just seeing everything wrong and you're actual score was 1250? Mercen-X, plz. I just can't understand how...

When you game over, you're top score is displayed over a demo reel. I wasn't fast enough to get the pic during play.

Articles

Oh Question answered. I thought I was going mad.

Does the high score not also play during on the title screen?

Yeah, but it takes me a bit to get my camera ready cause the score will come out all blurred and then the demo starts to play. Anyway, I got another one.

FYI, this is the fifth score I've posted and replaced via edits (it's gradually increasing).

Why is it that some of the 1up Mushrooms don't show up on every playthrough? Is that a game glitch or is my game just bad?
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm not sure if it's a glitch or not but it's the same in my game. I know where all the extra lives are but sometimes they just don't appear.

Good score though!

Er... as of 9:30pm yesterday, that pic depicts a score of 730750.

Anyway, yeah, due the fact that the 1-Up Mushroom on 8-2 appears no matter many times you die, I convinced myself I could rack up a decent score on 1-1 just by playing for a couple of hours. However, the 1-1 can only be obtained once.

Articles

You should, like, not delete previous posts with better scores. Makes it really difficult for me to track your scores as there is no backup for the leaderboard in the thread. I've amended your top score to reflect this one, as the 592k score has been replaced, but if the scores aren't visable in the thread I wont be able to register them on the front page.

That aside, only 2 days left folks, and not one has managed to match Bubba's score yet. Are we to see a last minute winner or is the score just off the charts?!

Yeah, I always check the first page to check if you changed it before I do my change. I don't want to have a huge list of Mercen-X's scores so I wanted to just have the highest I could get. Of course, sometimes changes occur within minutes of each other. I recently got 712k and this time I reached the final Bowser but without fireballs, I didn't stand a chance as I don't have proper timing. I had never reached the end of Mario before.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Articles

So today is the day. <14 hours until a winnerbis crowned. Is there to be a last minute upset?

Voting closes at 10pm GMT so get your scores in before then!

I got lazy, then busy, then lazy again. I would have only come third anyway.

Articles

And that's time. Submissions are now closed.

And the winner is Bubba with a whopping 1,200,350 point! A score so high that it doesn't even register on the original copies of the game! Should out to Mecen-X with second place of 730,750 and to Pike Coming in 4th with 309,800. Higher scores that I could ever hope to muster with my pitiful retro gaming techniques.

Thanks to everyone for participating in the first instalment of the EoFF Highscore Challenge. As this is our first run I would encourage any feedback for future Highscore challenges.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Congratulations to all the winners! What a crazy performance. That low score run was also hella fun to watch.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.