Thread: Highscore Challenge - Super Mario Brothers [NES] - WINNER REVEALED

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Articles

Default Highscore Challenge - Super Mario Brothers [NES] - WINNER REVEALED

Greetings Nerds and Nerdettes. As fellow nerds I'm sure we all have one thing in common, a love of video games. You know what I like? Pointless competitions! As such I am running the first in a series of "Highscore Challenge" events. Each member is encouraged to play a certain game once a month and try to achieve the highest score possible.

This month on Highscore challenge we are playing Super Mario Brothers for the Nintendo Entertainment System!

The challenge will run for 1 week starting at 10pm GMT on the 1st of May, and ending at 10pm GMT on the 15th of May. The player with the highest submitted score at the end of the week wins and is crowned EoFF's Super Mario Brothers champion!

Here are the rules:

1. Players need to submit a photo of their score and submit it into this thread. You can submit a photo of your score at any point in the game, Scores will be updated on the scoreboard below, so try and one up the top scorer!

2. The game can be played on any format. My entry is being submitted via 3DS for example.

That's it really. When scores are submitted I will update the thread and the below score sheet with the scores. Highest score at the end of the game wins. Now for some extras:

Prize:
    As this is the first in the series of challenges, I am offering a prize to first place. The winner of the Super Mario Brothers High Score challenge will win this adorable Hama bead Mario sprite I will PM the winner when the competition is over to confirm address details and send him on his way!

Live Skype Challenge:
    Our good friend Jiro has offered to host a Live Run of the game on skype. Players will play the game live with other players via skype and compete to see who can get the best score simultaneously. A date is unconfirmed, however Saturday/Sunday is probably our best bet. If you would like to join Jiro in playing Super Mario Brothers live with other EoFF members, PM Jiro directly with your screen name, and make a post showing your interested in the thread. Players who wish to join in will still need to post a picture of their score In the thread for it to be counted.

That is it. Have fun trying to achieve the Highest score you possibly can! If you have any questions or I've missed something, let me know and I'll try to sort it out.

High scores:

Name Score
    Bubba 1,200,350
    Mercen-X 730,750
    Mercen-X 501,250
    Pike 309,800
    Endless 193,700
    Scotty_ffgamer 145,700
    Endless 138,600
    Mario 100,000
    Luigi 90,000
    Pike 88,500
    Last edited by Dat Matt; 05-13-2014 at 06:55 PM.