Thread: Demon Wall 1 fight - question.

Default Demon Wall 1 fight - question.

If you do not fight the Demon Wall the first time in the Tomb of Raithwall are you able to go back and fight it again at much higher levels?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Yeah, you can go back to it and fight it later. In fact, most people end up leaving it till later because the time limit imposed on that fight is much shorter than the time limit in the mandatory second fight.

Cooleo! Thanks Now I know I can fight it later...lets hope the Demonsbane will still be a good sword by the time I beat it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

The Demonsbane is well worth it if you can get it now, having said that. At 59 Attack, it's arguably the strongest weapon you can get at that stage at the game.

If you can, unleash a quickening chain at the first demon wall and see if you can't destroy it. A stock of Ethers will obviously help in that endeavour. It's still a good sword even after completing the tombs but it's potential naturally declines as the game goes on.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

In my last playthrough a few months back it took me about 5 tries to get it. The Demonsbane is the best sword you'll get for a while if you get it right away. Also, don't forget to save after beating the Demonsbane before attempting to open the chest, as the sword doesn't always come up.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Like most treasures in FFXII, the Demonsbane isn't a guaranteed reward from it's chest. Compared to other pitifully low rates for other rewards in this game, the Demonsbane isn't so bad. Off the top of my head, it's something like 50%, or maybe less.

It's nothing compared to the 1-5% chances you can get in some chests in this game, basically.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Try grinding werewolves (I think they're called that). It'll give you some level ups, and there's a chance to drop a nice Katana, which can very much improve your chances.

If you're the type who enjoys grinding, that is.

just like to point out that the chest with demons bane in it respawns. so if it is not in it first time just go back two zones and come back. at least i remember it respawning. dunno if it dose once you have the weapon thou.
    "Pretty mysterious Neptune of gameindustry, in the name of the Basilicom I'll punish you!"

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Neptunia View Post
    just like to point out that the chest with demons bane in it respawns. so if it is not in it first time just go back two zones and come back. at least i remember it respawning. dunno if it dose once you have the weapon thou.
    Doesn't work once you get the weapon. Once you get a chest, it's gone.

That's why you HAVE to save after beating the wall, before you get the chest. It takes a few trips, but it's worth it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post

That's why you HAVE to save after beating the wall, before you get the chest. It takes a few trips, but it's worth it.
    No, it does respawn. I got multiple Demonsbane swords last time I played the game. You just need to get THREE (not two) screens away, so teleport out of Raithwall entirely, and then go back in. Most of the treasures that don't contain very rare items respawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Karifean View Post

No, it does respawn. I got multiple Demonsbane swords last time I played the game. You just need to get THREE (not two) screens away, so teleport out of Raithwall entirely, and then go back in. Most of the treasures that don't contain very rare items respawn.
    Thank you, though I thought you had to go two away, think that is what my guide says. unless that is just to respawn monsters and you need to go three for chests.
    "Pretty mysterious Neptune of gameindustry, in the name of the Basilicom I'll punish you!"

Articles
    Blog Entries

Thank you, though I thought you had to go two away, think that is what my guide says. unless that is just to respawn monsters and you need to go three for chests.
    To be fair, the zoning rules in this game confuses me even today. It's one of the faults the game has, how it handles treasures and stuff.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

You're right. It does respawn. I forget that I never go back for another because of the candle-jelly monsters.

Articles

I think I got the demonsbane after one or two attempts of opening the chest. Much better than the some probabilities like the random drop zodiac spear being something like 0.001%