Thread: Dissidia Can't Get Anything Right

Default Dissidia Can't Get Anything Right

So apparently even the folks at Square forgot Ultimecia's goal. I've heard in Dissidia they say some crap about wanting to return to her childhood or to rule over an idealized world as a goddess.

BZZZZZZZZ! WRONG!

Rinoa: "...I should tell you this before I go. I was possessed out in space. There was a sorceress inside me. Ultimecia, a sorceress from the future. She's trying to achieve time compression. She's the only one who would be able to exist in such a world. She, and no other."

From Ultimecia herself:
    "Time shall compress. All existence denied."

And if you scan her final form:
    "Ultimecia, transformed to absorb all time and space. Absorbing all existence as we speak."

What is there to rule over when she's the only being in existence because she crushed everything and everyone else and slurped them down?

Not only is Dissidia as non-canon to Final Fantasy VIII as Kingdom Hearts is, with the exception of it having at least a bit of a canonical feeling, but Final Fantasy VIII itself already does not make any sense with the Time Compression. It is clear how she intends to do it. However it does not change the fact that it would never work being finished as the causality paradox that simply cannot happen will be prevented from happening because of an even higher causality paradox that also cannot happen letting nature simply not make it happen in the first place, no matter how "much she is able to survive it" as Ultimecia is also not all-powerful and bound to rules with which she relied on time and thus giving her a past she cannot influence because of the natural closed circuit. Her plan is also mentioned in Dissidia in her personal profile where her intention to combine time which only can be survived by her is repeated. Dissidia does not make anything worse than it is in canon because it was some non-sensical story which you have to look over with both eyes closed in they first place. In general the story of Ultimecia is not really expanded in Dissidia. And with it not being official in plot related details except some things like Kefka being 35 or already known stuff it is nothing to really think about. Generally spoken the story information is right as it is just told in an abstract form.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 05-03-2014 at 02:04 AM.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I suppose returning to an idealised childhood makes her a little more morally grey as opposed to straight up evil bitch.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Ultimecia has always been the lamest villain ever imagined and if I didn't care for the rest of the VIII characters, I would strike VIII as a whole from SE's record. As it is, I just ignore Ultimecia's existence as a freaky dive into Rinoa's subconscious as she's the one who first mentioned her. Supposedly Ultimecia was also in possession of Edea, but I think Edea had just gone all power mad. Yeah, that explains it.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Dissidia screwed a lot of things up from what I hear.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

In Dissidia, Ultimecia basically says she's going to control all of space and time and makes a statement to Squall that she'll force him to worship her forever after she does so. Considering Time Compression is one of the most vague concepts in the series, I don't feel they have forgotten canon.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I don't think I have any problems with them trying to improve the woefully abysmal TIME KOMPRESSION idea.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    TIME KOMPRESSION
    This sounds like a Mortal Kombat move.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

You can't really mess up a story that isn't trying to be canon.

The way I look at this game is it's essentially a Super Smash Bros with your favorite FF characters. It has its own stand-alone story and it's a great way to visit some of your favorite FF characters.