Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thinking about doing a Let's Play!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shion View Post
    I'm not super familiar with GBA and SNES games (I started my gaming days on Playstation and N64) but as someone who also has a crap computer, the Desmume whatever DS emulator is great. It's had the least issues for me and it's more user friendly for someone who sucks at this stuff, I find. It also has a lot of classic games, like the earlier Final Fantasy's and Chrono Trigger and a good number of other RPG's. You know your computer better than I do, but like I said, mine is crap and it plays the DS emulator flawlessly. Might be worth looking in to.
    Desmume is actually pretty good, I agree with Shion. My laptop is laughably ancient and on it's last legs, so it did struggle, but that's a fault of the laptop, not of the system. Before I could play Phoenix Wright on my iPad Mini, it was literally how I got into the series, through that emulator.

I'd definitely consider it. Allow you to pick from more games for your LP!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, my PC hates desmume :/

Also, I own a DS and played pretty much all the RPGs that came out on it. So unless something really new pops up, I'm sticking to the SNES/GBA limitation. We already have like five vaild suggestions, so yay

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Which one are you leaning towards?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ah, I'm sorry about the Desmume thing . I wish I could be of more help, but like I said, I'm really not familiar with most SNES/GBA games :/

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

For now, Tales of Phantasia and Lufis 2, but like I said, I'll probably put up a poll because I don't want to do research and compare, because I want to know the least I can about the game.

There's also The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon (if you want to play a horribly butchered version of a fantastic Tactical RPG), or Sword of Mana.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Minish Cap (lol, autocorrect almost made this into Munich Cap). Also, I don't consider Zeldas RPGs. I've also beaten Sword of Mana. Shining Force sounds good but again - the possibility of SRPG burnout is there. And Dark Dragon first sound that good from what you're saying

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The two choices you made are fine.

Lufia 2 is a turn-based RPG and a late SNES game of which Wild ARMS and Golden Sun both heavily borrow from.

Tales of Phantasia is basically the granddaddy of Action-RPGs like the rest of the Tales Of Franchise and Star Ocean.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I vote whichever of the suggested has the best cast of characters

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wizard of Fynn View Post
    Minish Cap (lol, autocorrect almost made this into Munich Cap). Also, I don't consider Zeldas RPGs. I've also beaten Sword of Mana. Shining Force sounds good but again - the possibility of SRPG burnout is there. And Dark Dragon first sound that good from what you're saying
    Resurrection of the Dark Dragon is...special. They stylized the graphics in an incredibly odd way, to the point that the original Genesis version looks superior, despite being inferior in a technical sense. They also added in some backstory that was, quite frankly, utterly stupid. Everything else about the game is decent, and I do know some people who really liked the gameplay changes, but between the disappointing aesthetic and the unnecessary and utterly inexplicable change to the backstory, it is not one I would relish playing again. However, it might work if you want to make a mocking Let's Play.

I wasn't sure about Minish Cap, but it's a fantastic little game, so I thought it was worth a shot.

Let's not forget Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Also, don't be disheartened if I don't consider any of your options for now due to any of the reasons I listed. If this LP turns out to be a success, I might do more later, regardless of whether I'd played the game or not. It's just, for this particular project, I want to dive into a game I know literally nothing about, so you guys get to see me experience it for the first time