Thread: Ultima Weapon

Default Ultima Weapon

So I know I've made this topic before but it was many, many years ago. Pretty sure this board didn't even have YouTube tags then. (I think I'm posting the exact same video though)

Everything about Ultima Weapon in this game is perfect. You go through this eerie, optional dungeon full of the strongest monsters in the game. You're steadily creeping lower and lower, consciously battling monsters while unconsciously puzzling over the mystery of why this place was abandoned.

Finally you reach the bottom.

You... activate it, as Ocelot might say.

Then bam, an alarm goes off. You have no clue what's going on. Red lights are flashing, rocks are resonating and WTF.

Heartbeat thump....heartbeat thump....heartbeat thump....

Then abruptly the fight is underway! "Only A Plank Between One and Perdition" is playing, one of FFVIII's best and most intense tracks. And so it appears, Ultima Weapon, looking like the badass of badasses with his giant sword.

Quite frankly, Omega Weapon has nothing on that level of build-up or intensity, even if it is harder. It doesn't even look as cool. Also it uses the crappy normal boss music. Ultima got the aforementioned superb track choice of "Only A Plank Between One and Perdition."

VIII Ultima Weapon is the best Ultima Weapon. Accept no substitutes.

And what does a song from FFVI have to do with FFVIII's optional boss?

Nothing with Final Fantasy VIII, of course. I thought people can speak about Ultima Weapon in general and that you just think of the Final Fantasy VIII one as the best (as your last part says). I did not see above the start post that this really is in the Final Fantasy VIII forum and not General Final Fantasy.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFVIII's Ultima Weapon is pretty badass. I love that it wields Cloud's Ultima Weapon. It kinda sucks that it has so little HP otherwise it could've been a thoroughly challenging battle.

Blog Entries

I agree with pretty much everything said in the first post. FFVIII's Ultima Weapon has been my favourite FF boss for a long time. It has the most badass look, the music and build up is perfect, the very agressive nature of its attacks... and the fact that it actually wields the most badass sword in the series. I just love it. In fact, I even have the FFVIII Ultima Weapon action figure.

I also like how Ultima Weapon actually tries to "fight back" and attempts to hit Squall during Squall's limit break, unlike pretty much all the other bosses who just sits there and takes it.

If only the battle itself had been more challenging, FFVIII's Ultima Weapon would truly have been a perfect optional boss.

That's why you should play the Requiem Mod my friend. He was quite the challenge there.
    Final Fantasy VIII - Requiem v1.2.1 - Insane Difficulty

Blog Entries

.......daaayuum! I totally have to try that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken Lover View Post
    Quite frankly, Omega Weapon has nothing on that level of build-up or intensity, even if it is harder. It doesn't even look as cool. Also it uses the crappy normal boss music. Ultima got the aforementioned superb track choice of "Only A Plank Between One and Perdition."
    Most people consider Ultima harder than Omega. Ultima is faster, and it doesn't hold to a pattern. It can choose to just spam Light Pillars constantly, if the RNG really hates you.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken Lover View Post
    Most people consider Ultima harder than Omega. Ultima is faster, and it doesn't hold to a pattern. It can choose to just spam Light Pillars constantly, if the RNG really hates you.
    I don't think many people actually Ultima to be harder than Omega, because while Ultima is unpredictable, it also sadly goes down really quickly if you just decide to go on to offense. Seriously, the fight is over before you've even really gotten started throwing what you have.

Plus, don't be hatin' on Force Your Way. Omega made that track stand out a lot.