Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: This Game Is Awful

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, you can just ignore what I've been saying in this thread. I'm just talking utter bollocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Advance one year to the PC release in 1998. Problem solved. Even without mods, you get a better translation and improved graphics.
    You also get the godawful MIDI music instead of the glorious PSX soundtrack.

I'll tkae crappier graphics as long as the game sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken Lover View Post
    Advance one year to the PC release in 1998. Problem solved. Even without mods, you get a better translation and improved graphics.

Eh, it may have been nowhere near as good as the original, but I still quite enjoyed the PC soundtrack.

Besides, the original soundtrack patch was one of the first mods made. It was available fairly quickly after the PC release.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Eh, it may have been nowhere near as good as the original, but I still quite enjoyed the PC soundtrack.

Besides, the original soundtrack patch was one of the first mods made. It was available fairly quickly after the PC release.
    While I'm a huge fan of mods and the modding community, gamers shouldn't have to rely on them to provide something that should have been in the game at release.

There's just no excuse for that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post

While I'm a huge fan of mods and the modding community, gamers shouldn't have to rely on them to provide something that should have been in the game at release.

There's just no excuse for that happening.
    Sure there is. Bethesda games have run with that philosophy for years, and most AAA PC titles these days are actually running with the idea of "ship with as many bugs as possible, and only patch it if it's game breaking", so a lot of games that allow modding have things that "should" be included that are only available through fan mods.

But I do understand your point, and I do mostly agree with it. I honestly have no idea why the soundtrack change was made in the first place, nor why any of the later releases (this game has been released four times for PC that I know of) haven't fixed it.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

FFXIV Character

Eneby Kurs (Sargatanas)

ff7 would be better if barret was sephiroth
    a brother never lived to hear me diss him on no record...
    extralives - counterfeit self

yeah same here

I wouldn't say it's awful but it lacks the charm of what FF is about for me. I struggle to get behind cloud, Aeris and Barrett, I quite like the rest of the cast though. Maybe if I played it first I would like it more. On a whole I enjoyed playing through the steam version. I would would probably rate above 8 but below 9-13.
    Ride ze shoopuff

:monster:

Rating this game below IX and XII and even X I can understand, but XIII? I don't get it.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jibril View Post
    ff7 would be better if barret was sephiroth
    Or if everyone was Sephiroth.
    Face

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

13 had it's faults but it's positives outweigh VII for me. I enjoyed the battle system, cut scenes and story I just hated how linear it was. I first played VII around 2002/3 I compared it to 9/10 and ff7 seemed a little dull to me and it took till 2006 to bother to complete it. Maybe if I played it before the others I would rate it higher though possibly not as the setting and technology involved in game isn't to my liking (the same can be said for 13)
    Ride ze shoopuff

I tried FF6 that people said was suppose to be better(According to internet, which is always right... cough cough "sarcasm"). I got pretty bored to say the least. Never gonna try that game again.

But i like FF7.
    The summonings... just so cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Tigmafuzz View Post
    Or if everyone was Sephiroth.
    Reminds me of the time where I re-named everybody Sephiroth

Cloud

"...Is Sector 7 far from here? I want to go to Sephiroth's bar."

Aerith
    "Is Sephiroth...... a girl?"

Cloud
    "Yeah."

Aerith
    "A girl... friend?"

Cloud
    "Girlfriend?"
    Last edited by maybee; 05-19-2014 at 02:13 PM.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

^ Classic xD

Anyway, no way would I say this game is "awful". It's certainly not the best FF but for me it will always hold that special place in my heart as the first FF that I played.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

I have no idea how I would feel about this game had it not been the first game I ever played and spent so many years replaying and replaying it. Just like with so many people it is my childhood.

When I think about the games (mind you X is the newest I have played guys hahaha) all those stories are good in different ways. It's just a matter of opinion really. I love the story of VII. Maybe I would like another game more if VII didn't have the nostalgia value it does, but we'll never know.