Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Savior of the Franchise!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    I'm expecting something closer to more recent Kingdom Hearts games over something like old school FF.
    I think Kingdom Hearts with a serious theme as opposed to Disney has the potential to do very well. The rise of Kingdom Hearts (until they stopped making KH games!) was phenomenal. The FF name, while somewhat tarnished, is still a heavy hitter. We'll see though!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think it will be fun, I enjoy the gameplay of the more recent KH games but it will definitely be a bit of shock for players expecting something like turn base. My real concern is that it will be easy cause KH games are not exactly known for being challenging.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Games that go through development for 6 years and get rebranded halfway through generally don't knock people's socks off.
    I'm hoping for the opposite. I hope it's the long development time and "new face" of sorts that makes it more extraordinary than perhaps initially planned.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Long development can go either way, but I feel that SE does not have exactly the best track record. I can't say how well the game will do but I bet most fans will feel the game is a bit odd since it doesn't fit in as much as other entries in terms of core game experience.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Still not getting my hopes up. If it turns out to be a great game, then that's awesome, and I'd love to be pleasantly surprised. I just can't shake the feeling that it could just be another flash in the pan, relying on slick presentation and a cast of "attractive" clones to give the illusion of polish and depth to a lacklustre, forgettable experience. They need to deliver the sausage as well as the sizzle before I'll be fully onboard.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'll admit I would like to finally see some gameplay footage that doesn't appear to be part of some story set piece. I know he promised a field map and all, but I'm starting to think this game may be moving from one set piece to the next with little to do in-between.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> If this game becomes the savior of the franchise i will eat my shoes..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Sneakers or sandals?

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

No, don't think that it will be the savior that saves the series.

It will either a) keep the series boat floating or b) be the iceberg that stinks it

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wizard of Fynn View Post
    You want fries with that?
    New Mc Donalds burger Mc shoes
    Last edited by maybee; 05-17-2014 at 01:02 PM.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Savior? Idk. Probably not. A game that I enjoyed and felt was worth the money I paid for it? I'd be surprised if it wasn't.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

I'd have to sit down and play it. A few promos and a few trailers isn't nearly enough to tell whether a game is good or not. Remember that Aliens game? The one with the oh so pretty trailers? It was so misleading they got in trouble for that.

I simply imagine it will be a better game than any of the FFXIII games ever were. But that's about all I really expect. I hope for more than just beating a previously bad game and actually be a stand-out good game. But I won't be holding my breath. I am rooting for it though

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

It's ironic that if it were to be released as Versus XIII it would have been praised for it's gameplay, but now it's a main title some people aren't happy.

I'm hoping that XV stays true to SE's original plans for Versus XIII. From what I remember there were plans of world map, vehicles, even controllable airships. I don't know how much of that is true, but it would be great if it was. My only fear is that the transition to next gen may have been more difficult that they thought and that a lot of it will be cut to focus on the story. Fingers crossed that's not the case.

<a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    XIV: ARR was the saviour of the franchise. That game is practically an open love letter to FF fans.
    I think a lot of people skip it because they don't like MMOs. I actually want to try it out when I'm done with the games on my schedule.
    I think a lot of people like MMO's like me, but don't have the money and/or internet to keep up with it I know I don't. After the beta I was done. Reviving the franchise? Only time will tell. If it becomes another XIII expect fans to never come back unless the reviews for XVI are astounding.