Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Savior of the Franchise!

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Every instalment will be the saviour until the fans can agree that one of them actually saved it.

But I expect this to be decent - I don't hate FF13 so, I guess I don't see there being a huge amount to save! :3 Other than saving face for the company, I guess.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Too early to tell, I think. It'll be smurfing better than what the franchise has dealt with since possibly FFX, though.
    Unlikely since FFXII is top 3 easy. But it'd have to try damn hard to be worse than FFXIII.

I no longer have any faith in SE to make a decent FF game anymore. There is a good chance I may never play this because nothing else is coming out on PS4 that I want and SE has let me down way too many times for me to drop $400 on a system to play their games.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Based on my experiences in FFXIII, XIII-2 and Lighting Returns, I think SE will be fine with gameplay having learned lessons. The looks will obviously be fine. I am of the impression that the biggest hurdle will be story. If they can create an incredible world story along with the already good quality of characters SE created in recent games, then I'm sure it will turn out pretty good. But that's a big if... it seems incredible world stories are hard to come across these days as writing takes a seat a fair few rows behind gameplay in modern gaming.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

8 years on, it is no messiah.

But to be fair, the story is decent if only they present it whole in the game instead of thru multiple DLCs.