Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gotham

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Saw a short trailer for this tonight! Just saw Oswald Cobblepot for a few short clips, but he looks great, holy trout. I am really excited for this.

I'm not totally disappointed with Ben McKenzie being cast as Gordon from the little bit I saw him. I wasn't going for him initially, but I think he'll do alright. Additionally, I'm not usually one for origins stories, but I think this show has a decent shot at being pretty good.

I also just heard a review from a tv columnist who moaned about Jada Pinkett Smith a few months ago but said they had to eat their words and that she basically stole the show. Kindof wish I didn't hear that because now I'll have ~*~expectations~*~ but I'm still interested to see how she does.

Premiers in less than a month! Super stoked!

The premise looks interesting, and it's nice to give some spotlight to the GCPD and its quirky officers. I'm just worried if the show will focus too much on wowing audience with A list Batman villain origins, but hopefully they can balance those out and show some of the more obscure characters too. Based on the trailer I've seen, the show seems decent enough and does capture some of that gothic aesthetic which Nolan's movies were missing, so I'll definitely give it a try.
    How I met your mother, Donald Duck's parents style! Love at first temper tantrum!

Facebook | Last.fm | LiveJournal | MyAnimeList | tGAWiki

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

They have 23 episodes to fill each season so I'm sure there will be plenty of time to delve into the more obscure characters. I'm looking forward to that as well.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I thought this was good. I was kind of confused w/ the timeline. It seems they based it in the modern era, but not quite.

Lots of characters introduced.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    I thought this was good. I was kind of confused w/ the timeline. It seems they based it in the modern era, but not quite.
    I heard just that morning on a podcast that it's the Gotham phenomenon. Besides super technology, no one has much to tell the times apart from any other decade. You aren't supposed to be able to tell what time Gotham is set in, and in that way, it allows you to interpret the city more personally (which I think is badass and awesome).

Turning this on now!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    Lots of characters introduced.
    No kidding. I enjoyed the cameos. I forgot this was on, but luckily my mom taped it so I got to watch it. Enjoyed it immensely. Donal Logue makes a very convincing Harvey Bullock and I love the two they got to play Bruce and Catwoman. Of course, Gordon goes without saying. Never thought I'd say this in a million years, (SPOILER)but I'm rooting for the Penguin to break some heads.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I really liked the premiere. Not loved. Gordon was great. Penguin was great. I even liked Fish, whom they created for the show. Bruce and Alfred were solid. Did not like Bullock, and not it the way I'm supposed to. I think he over acted big time. But they can make something of this. I am a little concerned about all the characters introduced already. It's almost like they didn't think the pilot could stand on its own without a lot of cameos. We'll see how it goes.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

These kind of shows start a little slower (see Agents of SHIELD), because things need to be set up. I see a lot of potential in this. I hope Fox does, too.

Anyone want to take any guesses as to who it was that killed the Waynes? I know it's usually portrayed as being the Joker, but I wonder if this show is going to deviate from that. (SPOILER)The Penguin?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It would be cool if it was the Joker and they just hint at it but never reveal it fully and just left it unsolved. I really hope they leave Joker to be a complete mystery rather than have him show up as a random character like they did with Riddler in the pilot.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Wasn't the Joker thing just a Tim Burton movie exclusive, or did it happen in one of the retellings in the comic books? Because to my knowledge the guy who killed his parents was just some random thief with a gun like in the Christopher Nolan movies. I guess they plan to make it larger fry this time around.

And I don't think it was the Penguin. Too tall. And I guess the guy has a thing against killing kids since he left Bruce alive. "I really hope that kid doesn't grow up to take revenge on me or anything."

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

The Joker could've very well been the comedian entertaining Fish.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    Wasn't the Joker thing just a Tim Burton movie exclusive, or did it happen in one of the retellings in the comic books? Because to my knowledge the guy who killed his parents was just some random thief with a gun like in the Christopher Nolan movies. I guess they plan to make it larger fry this time around.

And I don't think it was the Penguin. Too tall. And I guess the guy has a thing against killing kids since he left Bruce alive. "I really hope that kid doesn't grow up to take revenge on me or anything."
    I am pretty sure that it's Joe Chill who is generally responsible for the death of the Waynes, but I'm no expert.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post

I am pretty sure that it's Joe Chill who is generally responsible for the death of the Waynes, but I'm no expert.
    He certainly sent a chill down young master Bruce's spine.

*shot*

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    They should do a Joker origin story every season, each one being completely different and with no reference to the previous versions.
    This idea actually sounds good.

Blog Entries

I keep expecting Penguin to do the quacking laugh and Im always disapointed when he laughs normally..
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!