Thread: Gotham

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm at a friend's house right now who had me sit down and watch all the episodes out right now. It's enjoyable for the most part. Anyone still keeping up with it?

Articles
    Blog Entries

I have. Thankful for the Friday recap since I always forget it comes on at seven. I have a cousin who's going to be in a minor role on the show. I thought it was today, but my father seems to think it's next Monday. Even though my aunt said next Monday, last week...

Doubt I would have been able to point him out if I saw him, anyway.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I'm hooked on it. Sure, AoS is better, but they do a really good job on this. Gives me a reason to look forward to Mondays.

Blog Entries

I dont think that was a paradox.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    I heard some talk about this on a podcast I listen to, and they actually psyched me up for it.

I actually hope the Joker/Red Hood story are not used, because I smurfing hate that story and I hate anyone who tries to explain Joker or his backstory. It defeats the entire smurfing purpose and mystery of his villainery I refuse to accept anyone's interpretation of Joker who tries to do this, especially comic spoilersas The Killing Joke comic explaining the Joker/Red Hood plot has him brutally rape Gordon's daughter. Sorry, my Joker isn't motivated by sexual desires and likely has no need for it at all.
    Bit late, but didn't I see you post on Facebook a while back that The Killing Joke was the definitive Joker origin story? Maybe I misread it.

Either way, I hate The Killing Joke. I don't care for the back story or the explanation as to why he is the way he is, but something to remember is that Joker is a man, just like Bruce (Batgod notwithstanding), and he could be motivated by sexual desires. I don't agree with it because I am part of the collective sweaty nerd voice of the internet, but it could be a thing.

Anyway, Gotham's awesome and I feel there is a terrible lack of discussion in here. Robin Lord Taylor is a way better Penguin than I initially thought he would be and I find myself way more interested in his piece of the story than I do about Ryan's struggle with his not-quite-lesbian girlfriend. Seriously, why has that not been mentioned yet?

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Nope, my sister holds it as the definitive Joker origin story. I hate it.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah, Penguin is stealing the show so far. He's been excellent. Gordon is good too, but the rest of the characters don't really do anything for me so far. More Penguin please.

The bisexual love triangle thing is interesting. You don't ever see that on a network show. I want to see its conclusion but I don't much care for it being dragged out.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum