Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thigh

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Grin Thigh

The "Belly" thread makes me a bit uncomfortable - I think that partly it is because "fashion" is always changing and we've all looked at photos and marvelled at our questionable past fashion choices; but also because everyone has their own style. Some of the most amazing, distinctive and memorable ensembles I've seen are the ones that do bold things like mix proportions, patters and colour palettes. I also know a couple of people who actually wear the same outfit every single day, or only dress in one colour, and I admire that as well. I'm also not too fond of the thought of dissing other people's style - I dress to suit myself, and I bet you do too!

So as an addition or an alternative to that thread, what are some items of clothing or accessories that you love, feel wonderful in, or get constant compliments for? What is something you are excited to wear as the seasons change?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Alayna Mae (Sargatanas)

I have a pair of high-waisted shorts that make me feel really excellent. I also have a few figure-hugging dresses. Basically anything that accentuates my hour glass shape. I tried to find decent pictures of these outfits, but sadly the only few I could find were very poor quality.

I also always look forward to the slightly cooler weather because it means I can wear patterned stockings and knee/thigh-high socks again.

My future is fuelled by the fires of words, wit and companionship.

Blog Entries

I like hats because it slightly prevents the sun from killing me with it's ultra viole(n)t radiation.

I really like wearing jackets because they provide extra secure pockets and can turn into makeshift pillows but sometimes it's just too hot so autumn/winter will be great.
    My shoes also become a lot more comfortable whenever I double up on socks so that's another plus for winter.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Peplum tops and skater dresses for going out, because they really suit my body shape.

But for every day, my staple items are skinny jeans and boots.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have a set of four or so dresses in different patterns and colors that I always get compliments on, and a pair of mint flats that I always get compliments on as well.

I really love high-waisted skirts. Love them!

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've honestly never looked at my fashion choices and thought "what was I thinking" because t-shirt and jeans will never go out of style.

With exception of when my parents bought me Fubu to wear because it was big in the 90s. That was pretty terrible. I had an oversized platinum silver track suit and a valor track suit. They also got me a highlighter green coat it was really just like wtf.

I'm not dissing anyone's style, I just don't understand certain fashion trends and probably never will. It seems every decade has something I don't get, like the 90s and the need for wearing shoulder pads. And the need for wearing a crop top to expose your belly. I'm sure it has good use if you live where it's really hot or you have a belly ring, but otherwise why???? What troubles me the most about fashion is that it starts to get creepy the more revealing it is. I don't need to see your navel and your butt in tights in addition to your cleavage. You mind as well be naked.

Blog Entries

I have a dress I bought at Express a few years ago on sale.. It's probably my #1 fav article of clothing .. When I can actually fit into it and wear my fav turquoise wedge linebacker, I get tons of compliments.

And my polka dot scarf that I no longer have. I wore it like a headband. People loved it. My sister has the exact same one , though, so I'm waiting for her to get tired of it so she can give it to me.

I love my denim mini skirts too. I may not have a booty, but I have nice legs, so that makes up for it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I always try to wear smart casual clothes if at all possible. For example, I would not dare wear a t-shirt all on its own, I'd wear a blazer or jacket over it instead. That one blazer is my go to item for smarting up a t-shirt.

I love my jeans as well. They work with most outfits. My waistcoat is amazing as well.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Fashion and clothes are something I never quite "grokked" - I honestly think it's a skill I simply lack. As in, thinking back on it, I was wearing neon spandex and super bright Lion King t-shirts through middle school because I looked at these items and saw "pants and shirt", not "WTF are you thinking" (which I assume everyone else saw when they looked at me.)

Currently I own exactly one pair of non-work pants, which are washed... on occasion... and then I cycle through maybe eight mostly video-game related t-shirts. This is literally the extent of my current wardrobe.

I do like comfy pajamas, and I like my shoes (#eoff makes fun of me when I talk about them because I bought them at Payless or something but they can bite me, my shoes are great.)

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

What's wrong with Payless? I love Payless. I got the comfiest and cutest pairs of flip flops from there and they don't make the annoying flip flop noise which I guess just makes them flips...

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Payless is awesome.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

See you guys can be my friends. Everyone who disses on Payless can get out.

Blog Entries

I get shoes from Target or JustFab lol

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Target is pretty good for finding random cute things.

Articles

I don't have much of an issue with body image, so I feel pretty comfortable in most things.

I feel awesome in Suits though. My shoulders feel broader while I'm wearing them.