Thread: Seifer Almasy - The Best Character

Default Seifer Almasy - The Best Character

He has:

THE BEST LOOK

THE BEST WEAPON

ACTUAL CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT AND PLOT RELEVANCE
    Well yeah.

CONCLUSION
    You all want to hear about his ROMANTIC dream, don't you?

Nah

I prefer Squall tbh with you

I found him to be a pretty interesting character, although all his boss battles were ridiculously easy for someone who is supposed to be Squall’s rival. Even his friends were more of a challenge than he was.
    His conclusion didn’t make much sense to me, though. Last time we saw him, he was completely obsessed with his dream, and would do absolutely anything to accomplish it. Then, all of the sudden in the ending, he completely abandoned it, and is instead fishing happily with his friends. Did he suddenly go “Oh well, my sorceress was destroyed. Might as well be nice.” or something?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Seifer was an interesting idea who was completely dropped halfway through the game. After Disc 2 he could be replaced by a faceless scrub to do Ulitmecia's work for how much relevance and screen-time he gets. I think he could have been great but that is basically the story of FFVIII in a nutshell, a game with excellent potential that is completely squandered and failed to live up to its greatness.

Chicken-wuss.

That is all.

Blog Entries

He does have the better gunblade and the scene where he cuts odin in half is bitching
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Seifer was an interesting idea who was completely dropped halfway through the game. After Disc 2 he could be replaced by a faceless scrub to do Ulitmecia's work for how much relevance and screen-time he gets. I think he could have been great but that is basically the story of FFVIII in a nutshell, a game with excellent potential that is completely squandered and failed to live up to its greatness.
    WK has articulated my feelings exactly - something he seems to do often these days!

Seifer had potential and did not live up to it. He left me rolling my eyes whenever he appeared.

One thing I didn't really understand about Seifer was

(SPOILER)why he had to torture Squall? I'm sure part of him liked doing it, but as Seifer was a student at Balamb Garden wouldn't he know what SeeD was about (despite never officially being a member)?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Technically SeeD did have the hidden purpose of fighting against the Sorceress but Squall and Co. don't learn this until after the whole botched assassination. If memory serves me correct Cid keeps meaning to tell Squall and the others the truth but keeps getting distracted by other things until it's a bit too late.

Ohh right - that definitely makes sense, cheers

Articles
    Blog Entries

I don't know if I would call him the best, but he's certainly high up there and deserves his spot on the cover. I like his relationship with Squall, Zell, Rinoa, and his main crew. He totally owned those Galbadia troops when Squall and co. were talking about how they couldn't take on all those soldiers at the TV station by themselves. He had them by the balls, man. Then Zell had to go and open his big mouth.

He was pretty cool! I would have liked if he had become something more though, as others have said. Maybe the sorceress does some magic on him that mutates/ascends him to be something of a monster and he goes out of control. How far he goes would ultimately make his redemption that much sweeter, and that fishing scene might have brought a few tears to a few eyes!

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Seifer is one of the top five douchiest characters in all of Final Fantasy (excluding FFXIII, it wouldn't be fair to count FFXIII, let's just ignore FFXIII like it never existed, shall we?) so I'm not a fan.

His gunblade is dumb and impractical (inb4: all gunblades are dumb and impractical.

As WK pointed out, his character may have had potential, but certainly never lived up to it and became, in the end, just an annoyance.
    Last edited by chionos; 06-11-2014 at 05:16 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chionos View Post
    Seifer is one of the top five douchiest characters in all of Final Fantasy (excluding FFXIII, it wouldn't be fare to count FFXIII, let's just ignore FFXIII like it never existed, shall we?)
    Final Fantasy XIII had a rocky start, but they've certainly turned things around with A Realm Reborn. I just wish they'd release XIV already. I'm tired of the MMO feel that's plagued the series since XI.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like Seifer, but certainly not more than Squall