Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who's your Blitzball Team

Default Who's your Blitzball Team

Who's in* your blitzball team?

I never realised there were so many players you could pick up for blitzball. So maybe there are more that I'm unaware of.

I have

Jumal
    Botta
    Jassu
    Ropp (first time I found him was the other day- he's awesome- blitzballs yaya toure)
    Zev Ronso
    Tidus

About to pick up Miyu (at moonflow) who's good defender but she can't pass for toffee.

Who do you have?
    Last edited by magemasher; 05-08-2014 at 03:22 PM.
    Ride ze shoopuff

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Blitzball has a huge roster. It's great but I can never pick. My current team is as follows:

LF Tidus
    RF Wedge
    M Letty
    LD Jassu
    RD Botta
    GK Miyu
    SUB Datto
    SUB Keepa

I've been playing Miyu on field to level her up. I considered grabbing a different keeper but I really like having a chick on the team. At some point I need to pick up a new RF though; Wedge will transition into RD and Botta will finally achieve his ambition of warming the bench.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Miyu can GK. Thats awesome.
    Ride ze shoopuff

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

For me, she had like 11 CA at level one, whereas Keepa was repping 13 CA at like level 15. In her first game she levelled up and gained Super Goalie, so now at around level five she is significantly better than him already

Articles
    Blog Entries

My typical setup for getting the sigil:

Tidus
    Wedge
    Brother
    Kyou/Ropp/Naida
    Kyou/Ropp/Naida
    Jumal

I alternate between those three defenders as I please. They're all pretty awesome.

On the original game I got the best players and destroyed every team with little effort which got boring quickly, so this time I've stuck with the original team and included Wakka.

I still usually win but it's at least a challenge this time around, and I still have trouble with the Psyches as they've got a couple of awesome players. Brother can score from damn near anywhere.

I'm only at the thunder plains so I've only played 1 tournament and half a league. However I remember the Al Bhed being the only hard team on ps2 but the Ronso's have been tough this time, had to play hard to win 3-2.

They really should update the game a bit and have a online download on psn, multiplayer blitzball......... that would be awesome.

Anyone ever signed Mep (sp?) from kilika? He is the priest who always gets picked up before you can get back there. I remember him being good to play against.
    Ride ze shoopuff

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

GK: Keepa
    DF: Botta
    DF: Ropp
    MD: Svanda
    FD: Tidus
    FD: Datto

Team of champions. I always had a soft spot for the Auroch's members I kept. Svanda is a beast. She scores as much goals from midfield as the forwards do. Case in point:

Donal_i_Phone_051.jpg
    Last edited by Rocket Edge; 05-09-2014 at 04:43 PM.

Str8 Pimpin'

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I always keep the original Aurochs plus Tidus and Wakka. I pick up Zev Ronso on every playthrough for no apparent reason. He's my go-to character that I just stick with.

Other than that I just get various characters if I like how they look or if they have good stats, while occasionally picking story relevant characters like Brother or Rin.

Everything is pretty random beyond that first paragraph.

I got Zev for the first time on this playthrough, he's handy, I used to keep Datto and just never pass to him.

Well happy they I got Lakkam in my team (originally at the Psyches) so I moved Ropp to defence.

I read something interesting the other day, if you play Blitz enough then KilikaBeasts become ultra strong, I've got to see that so I might dedicate a day to blitzball this weekend, party time all the time here hahaha.
    Ride ze shoopuff

Blog Entries

I like to play right up to Lvl. 99 so I like to pick players that are good at low levels as well as high so I don't have to bother with substitutes or re-training a new recruit.

LF - Tidus
    Not the best in terms of stats, but Jecht Shot 1 and 2 are unique to him. Also, he's free. xD

RF - Datto
    A few forwards end up in front of Datto, but not many. Nedus, Larbeight, Isken are the best late game but require patient development (especially Nedus). Datto, however, grows steadily and winds up being the third fastest Blitzer behind Brother and Nedus.

MF - Linna
    Brother would be the better choice here, but I prefer Linna because she's more fun to play with. Whilst Brother is a bit of a jack-of-all-trades, Linna has slightly more imbalanced stats, specifically awesome AT, PA, BL and SH but bad EN. This makes her a perfect midfielder for the offensively minded team.

LD - Ropp
    Ropp is one of the first Blitzers recruitable, and once you've got him, you'll never need to replace him. He's the best defender in the game from Lv. 1 - Lv. 99.

RD - Kulukan
    Because she's on the Kilika Beasts' team, it's not always easy to sign her. But it's worth the wait - late game, she's one of the best defenders there is with high PA, BL and AT. If I'm struggling to get her, I'll sign Kyou or Naida for early-game, Kiyuri for mid-game while I wait.

GK - Nimrook
    As with Kulukan, tough one to sign. Durren or Miyu hold the fort until he becomes free.

The Old Skool Warrior LocoColt04's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Crysanthe Mariveaux (Ultros)

Did you know that at level 100, Keepa has the best shot rating in the entire game? After level 90, he ramps up like nobody's business.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LocoColt04 View Post
    Did you know that at level 100, Keepa has the best shot rating in the entire game? After level 90, he ramps up like nobody's business.
    He doesn't have any of the other stats to support him being a proper forward though. It was hilarious when I discovered that though. xD

I guess it does help if you use Wakka's Auroch Spirit.

The Old Skool Warrior LocoColt04's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Crysanthe Mariveaux (Ultros)

He's got just enough endurance to help him survive the boundless attacks he'll suffer by limping up to the front line.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Mo-Nercy View Post
    I like to play right up to Lvl. 99 so I like to pick players that are good at low levels as well as high so I don't have to bother with substitutes or re-training a new recruit.

LF - Tidus
    Not the best in terms of stats, but Jecht Shot 1 and 2 are unique to him. Also, he's free. xD

RF - Datto
    A few forwards end up in front of Datto, but not many. Nedus, Larbeight, Isken are the best late game but require patient development (especially Nedus). Datto, however, grows steadily and winds up being the third fastest Blitzer behind Brother and Nedus.

MF - Linna
    Brother would be the better choice here, but I prefer Linna because she's more fun to play with. Whilst Brother is a bit of a jack-of-all-trades, Linna has slightly more imbalanced stats, specifically awesome AT, PA, BL and SH but bad EN. This makes her a perfect midfielder for the offensively minded team.

LD - Ropp
    Ropp is one of the first Blitzers recruitable, and once you've got him, you'll never need to replace him. He's the best defender in the game from Lv. 1 - Lv. 99.

RD - Kulukan
    Because she's on the Kilika Beasts' team, it's not always easy to sign her. But it's worth the wait - late game, she's one of the best defenders there is with high PA, BL and AT. If I'm struggling to get her, I'll sign Kyou or Naida for early-game, Kiyuri for mid-game while I wait.

GK - Nimrook
    As with Kulukan, tough one to sign. Durren or Miyu hold the fort until he becomes free.
    I didn't realise Datto turned out so well. I might have to use him then!