Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Abuse of Power in NH School District CONCERNING!

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Your insistence that this is a case of molestation is offensive. You have clearly never had someone sexually force themselves onto you in a physical manner, which is the actual definition on molestation. I have, others here have. You are using attention-grabbing words to make this situation into something it is not. Stop it.

This is how molestation is defined:

: to harm (someone) through sexual contact : to touch (someone) in a sexual and improper way
    It's not the same thing, and you calling it the same thing does not make it so. Please desist.

Have you considered that some of us just don't care enough to assert ourselves in the community, that we don't care enough to be upset because we don't agree with your point of view? Sorry if you're appalled by that, but calling everyone who disagrees with you "a bunch of well-trained citizens licking the boot of authority" is offensive, rude, and incorrect.

I don't understand people who are upset that others are not as upset as they are in regard to [issue here]. Why can you just not accept this? Let other people feel how they want to feel. Write to your congressman, write to the school, write to the lawyers. Don't harass the people here for not being are riled up as you are.

A PSY-OP?

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

zx12y I am very sorry to hear about your molestation and I am sorry that this event has triggered such a visceral response in you. Your experiences are different from that of many of us, but this doesn't mean we have to agree with your assessment of the content or the situation. I have already voiced that I think the material is a little too explicit for that age group in particular in it's demonstration of risky sexual behaviors but I don't think that it was intended for child grooming either.

I agree 100% with Jiro that it's important to talk to adolescents about sex frankly and directly so they don't conflate fact and fiction. I think that sex education is important and that it should start before high school. I also think that, unfortunately, most chlidren don't receive a good education because of the taboos on discussing sex, so for some of them material such as this could be confusing.

I do think an adult led discussion about the scene - and why the events that unfold are not positive - would be a great thing. But, as blackmage_nuke said, the child should have an opportunity to opt out if it makes them uncomfortable.

Finally, I don't really care that the guy was arrested or removed. He knew the rule, he broke the rule.

Signature by rubah. I think.