Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chrono series - Who was in your final team?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Chrono series - Who was in your final team?

Obviously shion should avoid this thread so she doesn't get spoilers

My final team was usually Crono, Frog and Magus, though I liked using Crono Lucca and Robo as well.

In Cross, my favorite team is pretty much the CC equivalent of my CT team of Serge, Glenn, and Guile, though I liked switching in Kid and Pierre (with full hero gear) in for a mix-up.

:monster:

I seem to remember using Crono, Marle, and Magus most frequently. With CC it was probably Serge, Kid, and Guile, but it's been so long since I played I honestly can't remember for sure.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I used to go Crono/Magus/Frog. Then I switched to Crono/Magus/Ayla to gain the ability to steal from bosses. It is a less well rounded party, with very limited healing ability. But seeing as I know the game like the back of my hand at this point the extra offensive firepower it brings to the table more than makes up for it.

For Chrono Cross I tend to used Serge/Glenn/Kid. I think Serge/Glenn/Karsh is a better party (Karsh is more damage + shares element with Glenn), I'm just a sucker for having main story characters in my party.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

Chrono, Magus, and Robo.

Oh dear god this is the group from hell. Make sure to give Robo all your magic tabs, and on his own he can heal more then Chrono and Marle can together. Before I made a run of that game using that trick I'd use Marle instead just for the healing.

In Cross I don't think I've stuck with the same party more then once, though I remember my first time using the little alien guy and Grobryc.

I use Chrono, Marle, and either Frog or Magus. It may not be the "best" team, but I play my favorites first.

Besides, Haste rocks.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

:monster:

I should probably replay the game with more thorough use of Triple Techs. I barely used them but as I recall they could be quite powerful.

Naturally, the Crono/Marle/Magus party has no Triple Techs.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Blog Entries

My first playthrough I needed Chrono/Marle/Frog so Marle and Frog could keep my health up, but when I played through on new game plus and had amassed an abundance of mega-elixers that didnt matter when used in the final battle I took Chrono, Robo and Ayla since Im pretty sure that's the heaviest damage team and I had to fight Lavos every 30 minutes for a new ending
    Last edited by blackmage_nuke; 05-09-2014 at 07:06 PM.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Personaly I always found Frog beter than Marle for healing. You loose on the single target, but the multi-target heal is well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    Make sure to give Robo all your magic tabs,
    Giving Ayla magic tabs has an even bigger effect on her heal, since her magic stat is so damn low to begin with.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Chrono/Magus/Ayla. I love stealing. For the final boss I usually go with Chrono/Magus/Lucca and spam Luminare/Dark Matter/Flare. Healing is for losers.

For CC I go with Serge/Glenn/Kid.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by VeloZer0 View Post
    Personaly I always found Frog beter than Marle for healing. You loose on the single target, but the multi-target heal is well worth it.

Giving Ayla magic tabs has an even bigger effect on her heal, since her magic stat is so damn low to begin with.
    Yeah, but she can't heal a group without a dual tech.

I like Frog cause he has good synergy with Crono and has the Heal spell and Frog Squash. I kind of feel bad for Marle cause she is so dependent on others to be effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Chrono/Magus/Ayla. I love stealing. For the final boss I usually go with Chrono/Magus/Lucca and spam Luminare/Dark Matter/Flare. Healing is for losers.

For stealing you should play with Marle and Ayla, to take advantage of their Dual Tech Twin Charm.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VeloZer0 View Post

Yeah, but she can't heal a group without a dual tech.

I like Frog cause he has good synergy with Crono and has the Heal spell and Frog Squash. I kind of feel bad for Marle cause she is so dependent on others to be effective.
    She also doesn't have access to 3/4 of the elemental attacks, where as Robo has every type except water.

I may do my next play through dropping all my Magic tabs on Frog though, but I don't know if his heals will keep up with Robo's.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I believe they even out. Frog has a higher MAG stat but Heal Beam has a higher base formula than Heal so it may actually balance each other out, even then I can say that at high enough levels it easily gets the job done.

The game isn't exactly hard enough to force any sort of consistent use of the Tabs. Sure, the broken mechanics make it "best" to give them to Robo, but you can get through the entire game with just Ayla or Marle healing. I usually go through with Marle as my only healer, and I only rarely need to use a party-healing Double Tech.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post

For stealing you should play with Marle and Ayla, to take advantage of their Dual Tech Twin Charm.
    Marle sucks. She has some good dual techs but that's about it. Ayla is such a powerhouse that she doesn't need heals and the party doesn't take much damage waiting for her to charm each boss twice.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum