Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RPG binges

Default RPG binges

What's the most you've ever played a game (and, obviously, which game) in a day/week/consecutive period of time?

My personal "bests":
    –Played Star Ocean 3 for 56 hours in one week between Christmas and New Year's Once. (My friend later one-upped me by beating the game in 80+ hours in just six days.)
    –Played FFXIII for 31 straight hours shortly after it came out. (During this stretch, I finally got to Gran Pulse, which opened up a massive chunk of interesting gameplay and helped me keep going.)

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Jesus, I consider my binges like 7-10 hours at a time xD

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

This was legitimately the best two weeks of my life.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I played FF I through IV/TAY a month or two ago. It was pretty great!

The Old Skool Warrior LocoColt04's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Crysanthe Mariveaux (Ultros)

I mean, I assume MMOs don't count for this, because I put a couple hours into FFXIV almost every night, so that's more of a "habit" than a binge.

Last time I had a good binge though? I have to save them for when I'm either on vacation, or playing something for the sake of writing a review. In that regard, I suppose my last binge was Lightning Returns. Before that though, I'm pretty sure I dumped dozens of hours into Dragon's Dogma. I'm still only one trophy away from a platinum and I reeeeeeally need to go back to that at some point soon to finish it up.

And for what it's worth, I full-complete FFVI at least twice a year, and usually do it within a week or two every time, split into decent chunks between other things.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I consider 5-6 hours just a good play session, not a binge. That said, I get time to do that only a few times a year.

Longest I have ever played a game straight is when a friend dared me to beat FF7 in one shot, with no eating or sleeping. Final time was 21:42. I probably could have shaved a couple hours off, but I was (relatively) taking my time and enjoying myself because I hadn't played the game in quite a while.

In terms of over a week, I am sure there exists weeks where I have played for 12 hours a day, every day. Ah, back in the day....
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

I'm a notoriously slow gamer (especially compared to you speed demons @_@): The fastest I've ever played an RPG was probably the 2 weeks I spent on Persona 4! Think I only amassed like 60-70 hours at that.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Probably 15 hours.

Yeah, I don't "binge" on RPGs like this. This is just sort of how I play all the time. If I'm awake I'm either working, going to school, posting here, or playing video games. RPGs make up about 90 to 95% of what I play, so this is just sort of how my free time goes.

Also, getting my total time played is incredibly hard, because game time is not even close to accurately reflecting that.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

There was that one time in my youth I beat Mario RPG in one sitting.

And yeah, I play all games like this, where I will sit down with it for hours on end.

But yeah, me and Skyblade seem pretty much entirely on the same page on this one.

Articles

Does borderlands 2 count as RPG? We played that for like 6 hours, slept 6 hours and played 6 more hours a fortnight ago. The previous weekend we did something similar, but from 4pm to 3am.

I tend to binge on games, but I don't have much time for it these days.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I haven't done anything remotely like this since early high school, but I beat three of my favorite, but also shorter, RPGs in less than a week: Lunar SSSC, Suikoden I, and Suikoden II. I literally only had breaks for meals and bathroom, and probably played over 10 hours/day for 6-7 days straight.

I loved every second.

I had some binges through longer games as well (especially my first playthrough of FF7), but I don't remember the specifics.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

FFXI definitely. Back in the day when you got a good experience party, you didn't let it go. I probably spent 10 hours in a single party, let alone a single play session.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Oh god, I didn't even think about MMOs. I wasted most of one summer on EverQuest. And there was a time where I would get home from school and play Ultima Online until 12 AM, breaking only for dinner.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> The first time I played FF9 I played it for like 50 hours. I only paused the game to eat and go to the bathroom.
    I was young back then I doubt I could do something like that now..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..