Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Default Kimahri

What's your preferred way of building the fierce Ronso on the Standard Grid? Do you go into Lulu's path for some black mage or veer toward Auron for some more strength? Or perhaps you have a whacky build of your own.

I ignore him, makes the biran and yenke fight much simpler.
    "Pretty mysterious Neptune of gameindustry, in the name of the Basilicom I'll punish you!"

Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    What's your preferred way of building the fierce Ronso on the Standard Grid? Do you go into Lulu's path for some black mage or veer toward Auron for some more strength? Or perhaps you have a whacky build of your own.
    I take him down to Rikkus first to learn steal then get him over to tidus so he can learn hastega and then eventually i get over to aurons

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Either Tidus or Auron path.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I find him most useful as another stealer for when i want a certain item fast. That way i can also justify swapping him in just to steal and then take him out again, no matter which enemies I am fighting. If you take him down a particular path, he's gonna have to fight the "real" character that's designed to kill a certain enemy for screen time. As a stealer, not really. Of course, you're fighting rikku as a stealer, but there's plenty of times when you want to steal more than once.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Blog Entries

I take him down as far as Steal on Rikku's path, then head up to Auron to give him more bite and survivability.

Articles

I agree with neptunia. I just don't build him at all.

If I had to though, I'd take him down Auron's Path.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Up Tidus' path to learn Haste, then breaking one of the lock nodes that puts you right in the second half of Auron's section, letting him learn Armor Break. After that, use a Skill Sphere to learn Use. You now have a faster, equally damaging, 300 MP version of Auron who can heal the whole party.

You're welcome.

PS: The Biran and Yenke fight scales with his current stats, but makes no distinction on whether or not you have skills learned. The fight is actually easier if you have no wasted stats nodes.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

The last time I played, I had him go through Rikku, then through Lulu until I got to Wakka's, ya? Then I go to Auron's where I strengthen him.

I'm on expert, I get him to learn a few basic white magics and then have him follow Tidus. I saw his jet ski FMV for the first time today
    Ride ze shoopuff

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I almost can't remember.

I know I've taken him through Rikku's path to learn steal before. I also remember just opening the nearest available node after completing his central part of the grid.

I always take Kimahri down Wakka's path where his higher MP is a big help early game.

Once Tidus reaches Hastega I use a White Magic Sphere to teach this to Kimahri.

When Rikku reaches Mug I use a Skill Sphere to teach him that and oh man that works wonders.

Blog Entries

I think the first time I took him through Lulu's path and every time after that I take him all around the circle (waste of spherelevels) and then down Wakka's path
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueD View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    I take him down to Rikkus first to learn steal then get him over to tidus so he can learn hastega and then eventually i get over to aurons
    Pretty much this.

Should at least get Steal from Rikku's grid, you can steal some good items from Biran and Yenke.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

I turned him into Cimhari and just ran all over the place.