Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Four Eyes

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I'm the same way, Raistlin. My laptop is ~1' from my face & if I take my glasses off I can't even read it squinting.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

I have no idea what my eyesight is anymore, other than I'm terribly near-sighted and have worn glasses pretty much since I was 7. Tried contacts but they always irritated my eyes. So glasses all the way for me.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Alayna Mae (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AlaynaMae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    My contacts prescription is -7.25 (and I think glasses' prescriptions are generally a little higher than for contacts). So yes, I am virtually incapacitated without glasses/contacts.
    Christ, can you make out anything without your glasses or is everything just a grey blur? I have a hard enough time functioning without my glasses with a -2.5 prescription.
    Everything is blurry, but I can see colors and shapes. I have to hold things within inches of my face for them not to be blurry. I cannot see any text on my computer monitor (or even that there is text) without glasses. I haven't even been able to read books semi-comfortably without glasses for a good 13-14 years.
    This sounds like a description of what I have to do. It seems there's a point where it doesn't matter how much worse your eyesight gets - the inconviences are the same. You know, unless you go actually blind or something. But to the point where it's fixable by glasses, anyway.

My future is fuelled by the fires of words, wit and companionship.

The Old Skool Warrior LocoColt04's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Crysanthe Mariveaux (Ultros)

Wow, lots of us are lens-dependent!

I'm legally blind. I cannot read text on a 1080p resolution on a 27" monitor unless within eight inches. I don't trust the diopter measurements as that varies by the type of lens, so here are some cold hard distance-related figures for you.

Left: 20/350
    Right 20/360 (and also colorblind, that poor eye)

I cannot read the gigantic E on the chart.

Bliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiind.

Greenie Use your eyes, use them well, use them all you can. KEEP THOSE EYES ON FF experience

So, Eyes On Final Fantasy, just how good are those eyes? Are people and images blurry to you? Or are they sharp like scary knives or pretty diamonds someone sharpened?

I can generally see, to somewhat an okay level, but nowhere near as good as the average person. I need glasses really quite badly sometimes but, I never wear any and I see good enough to be able to navigate this crazy world.
    When I'm walking down the street I never know if I'm seeing someone I know until they're pretty close; this can be awkward as sometimes people think I'm blanking them!

How are your eyes? I hope they're feeling okay. If not massage them. I would, but I'm probably too far away right now. I'd be so gentle. You'd fall asleep, maybe.

And finally for your viewing pleasure, here we have a beautiful video with some lovely music and lots of great sunsets. So use those eyes, EoFF! Use them well.

Thank you, love from Alive-Man xxxxxxx

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Sorry Alive-Man, had to merge this one with the recent eyesight thread.

So instead of making a mediocre thread like I thought I had done, I got to make a smashing post, probably the best post I have ever posted. Ace.

Seriously though I think I even posted in this, how did I flake on that? What is wrong with me? I feel sick.

for god's sake Pike please help me