Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Man's Best Friend

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Pink Grin

That is such a sweet gift.

I decided we needed some squishy puppies in here. Prepare to die from cuteness overload.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries

Well I groom dogs so of course I like them . Since I dont have a dog...

Dogs that I like to groom: curlt coats (bichons, poodles ect), Pomeranians, Irish setters, most mutts

Dogs that I would want: A standard poodle, irish setter, Pomeranian, boston terrier (they do really well in apartments), greyhound....mutts from the shelter :3

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have exactly 1 dog; the schnauzer and my sister keeps her in her room most of the time since I'm away a lot. The bulldog and westie are family dogs. My mom also recently adopted a stray.

Blog Entries

All you can see his the grey on the bottom of his chin, but this was my baby, Maximus Percival...

50318a5f-94d1-4888-89d2-a2e7735247e9_zps31898f9c.jpg

The pic is cropped because I can't stand to see the whole thing. It breaks my heart to think about what happened to him, and it's something I'll probably never forgive myself for.

He was a 5.5 lb half teacup, half tiny toy poodle that my mom had originally bought for herself, but she wound up giving him to me during my last year of high school. We were attached at the hip, this dog and me.. If I was on my computer and he was ready to go to sleep, he'd scratch at my shoulder and pitch a fit until I completely shut down my PC, turned off the light, and got in bed with him- and he'd have to snuggle up under the blankets with me.

He was so OCD with toys it was ridiculous.. I'd take him to PetSmart down the street, stick him in the toy bin, and he'd run through and pick out which toy he wanted. He took his time , too. Then he'd carry it to the register and raise hell when I took it out of his mouth for the cashier to scan the barcode.. And then the cashier would stick it right back in his mouth and he'd carry it out to the car like that. He'd bother anyone and everyone to play toys with him. And of course, I carried him around like Paris Hilton did with Tinkerbell. I took him into gas stations and the grocery store, and out in Phoenix, I took him into GameStop with me several times.

I loved him dearly- and I still do. I miss him terribly.

And then there's Bozo- my 1/2 black lab, 1/2 Newfoundland that I grew up with. He weighed 150 lbs at his peak.
    I had him from age 3 until age 17 - he was 6 months old when he was given to us, and he passed away from a combo of old age and pneumonia at age 14. My dad would play hit me (hitting his own arm), and Bozo would tear my dad up. He couldn't stand it. And of course, he slept in my bed with me every night.. Sometimes he'd get in bed with my parents, but he mostly slept with me. His favorite thing ever was peanut butter... He could open the jar on his own... Not just pop the lid off with his teeth, either. He'd use his mouth to loosen the lid, and unscrew it the rest of the way with his tongue. And he had to feel like he was sneaking it, for some reason- even though we'd give him his own family sized jar every year for Christmas and his birthday.

I hadn't seen him in over 6 months when he died. I now have his headstone that I picked up just before my parents put the piece of property he's buried in for sale. I cry every year on the anniversary of his death, and it's been 12 years.

We also had boxers when I was growing up- PeeWee was the first, and when I got bit by the neighbor's dog & had to get stitches, she stayed on the couch with me the whole time I couldn't play. I have a pic somewhere of her on top of me, being all protective. My brother & sister got into an argument one day while my mom was at work and she got out- someone stole her.

Then Sassy J- my dad & I decided to surprise my mom with a new boxer puppy while she was in the hospital having surgery to have pre-cancerous cells removed (I was 11). I picked her out- she was the runt of the litter. When the puppies were running, Sassy tripped over a tree root, tumbled head over heels, and that was it. We took her home. We only had her for 5 years- she swallowed a bee or a wasp and it stung her throat, causing an allergic reaction. She suffocated in spite of my dad giving her mouth to mouth & trying CPR.

And Ellie.. My mom didn't really want her, but she was the sweetest boxer we've ever had. And fat as trout, too. She died of old age and split tumors in her mouth (she ingested too much of her own blood before her scheduled surgery) and the vet that we took her to last said she potentially had cancer in her chest cavity and there wouldn't have been anything we could've done.

So there's that.

Sorry for the tl;dr

Jay and I are in the market for a boxer puppy and I'm sooooooooo flipping excited. I've found one that I'm head over heels in love with, but we won't be able to pay for him until June, and won't be able to bring him home until at the very earliest mid July (and even that is pushing it). He's a chunky monkey and incredibly cute, though. Siiiighhhhh.............

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Alayna Mae (Sargatanas)

I have a Shih Tzu. She's nearly eight now. She lives with my parents, but I love seeing her when I go and visit.

My future is fuelled by the fires of words, wit and companionship.

Blog Entries

My sister's Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Charlotte, may have to get a leg amputated.

It's very sad. She's a really sweet girl..And my sister's already gone through enough with having to put her brother, Bennett, to sleep a few months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Let's discuss dogs and how amazing they are!
    ... I'm gonn-

This is not a cat vs dogs debate.
    ...Damn

Cat lovers, make your own thread.
    Nah, we have already basically won the interweb with cute youtube videos anyways.

Ontopic I love

Because they remind me of a cat

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

We don't have a dog, but we want to get one eventually. It'll be a Samoid because of reasons.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    We don't have a dog, but we want to get one eventually. It'll be a Samoid because of reasons.
    Reasons being because they're basically a mega cute fluffy white bear?

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My handsome playing ball in the backyard!

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

He certainly is handsome!

Dawgs are real bitchin'. These are my buddies;

photo0049.jpg

photo0050.jpg

American Bulldog and Rotweiler/Presa Canario cross. They're real good for rolling around on the ground with and getting back to man's primal nature.

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Your dogs are super cute!

Well, um, I, uhh. Thanks. Um, Jess. Thank. You

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

maggnim.jpg
    Hello everyone, I'm Magnum and I'm a big sleepypants. But when I'm not sleeping I'm the worst dog in the world. I run around, I eat slippers, I fart, I do about 3 big poops a day, I eat everything, I always knock over my water bowl.

Oh, and when my friend Locky is eating, I will follow her everywhere and I'll look at her with my biggest, cutest, brown eyes until she feeds me. And she always does. Because she loves me, and because I'm her best friend.

magnumm.jpg

Look at me, just owning this couch. Like, I just got up from a full nights sleep an hour ago. But guess what? I'm still tired and if you thought you were gonna sit on here and watch your breakfast television... Ha! Think again!

7.JPG

Here I am with Locky on her Graduation day, I'm so proud of her and she looks so pretty and happy OMG WAS THAT A MOTORBIKE OMG OMG OMG WOOF WOOOF WOOOOOOOOOF!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images