View Poll Results: Do You Want to See an FFVII remake?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!

34 40.96%
  • Yes, but only if... (say in your post!)

13 15.66%
  • Maybe/Undecided

7 8.43%
  • NO! Leave my FFVII alone!

7 8.43%
  • I do not care.

11 13.25%
  • I am a potato. I am not even sure how I am voting.

11 13.25%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Do You Want to See an FFVII remake?

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Ultimate Weapon:
    Defeat Ultima WEAPON for Ultilith, then bring it to the Weapon Smith, the package is sent to Villa Cloud
    Where did you come up with Ultilith? Pretty good name. Better than Ultimate Weapon definitely.

Premium Heart
    Gotten from Johnny with Tifa in your team
    Hmm... neh.

Missing Score
    Gotten from Elmyra in Kalm with Barret in your team
    Neh.

HP MEGA Phone
    Found in the Temple Ruins where Cait Sith "died" after Cloud is restored in the Lifestream
    Neh.

Venus Gospel
    Hidden chamber of the Rocket Cid's weapon he hid; can be found after the Great Materia thing in Rocket Town
    Neh.
    Ultilith is just the stone. It is still called "Ultimate Weapon". Lithos means Stone. Ruby, Emerald, Sapphire, Diamond, Jade, Ultilith, Omegalith, Chaolith.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post

Ultilith is just the stone. It is still called "Ultimate Weapon". Lithos means Stone. Ruby, Emerald, Sapphire, Diamond, Jade, Ultilith, Omegalith, Chaolith.
    Yeah, I got that much. I know what a monolith is. I was just curious if you had heard it before or if you had made it up.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Yeah, why not? To be honest I wouldn't really think of it as the same game. Just another Final Fantasy but one that's a remake of VII. The original will always be there however a remake would go down.

I was always "against" the remake of FFVII. However, after all these years and having played most of the FF games in the series already, I'm for it.

I want to see the remake ONLY IF... they do not change the story up; at all! I would love to see all the characters and enemies and big moments in their updated HD beauty. Give me a remake, only if there's no digression on the plot! I wanna hear Cid's foul mouth come through my surround sound!
    I'm a water dude, jet skis, water pools
    Surfin' the (waaaave), I'm hurtin' the (waaaave)...
    "Oh Yes" ~ Juelz Santana

YES!

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Yeah every time Barret or Cid bursts out a *&&&^%%(($$$$&&*&*&^^%%&^767869 thing I wanna hear some real swearing

Articles
    Blog Entries

I see it getting a M rating in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    As long as I get my HD version of XII first.
    lol does XII even need an HD remake? it's graphics are still pretty decent

But I don't know. Kinda sorta. But sometimes I think no, because there are a lot of moments in the FFX HD remake where the characters are just seemingly staring off into space during conversations and it doesn't feel right. It's kind of like, what's the point of updated models and textures if you aren't going to put in the effort to make everything seem fluid?

It's definitely something I feel like they'd have to rebuild from the bottom up for it to live up to the kind of hype that the game gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Delorean View Post
    lol does XII even need an HD remake? it's graphics are still pretty decent
    Yeah, it pretty much does. It doesn't look too good on a larger HDTV.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Complete re-make - Keep the story, characterizations, mini-games, sidequests... Basically just give me FFVII with shiny new-gen graphics and maybe some tweaked gameplay (Materia system could be improved upon and expanded a little. I think all of the characters in VII are way too similar, none of them really have any advantage or disadvantage over the others so it'd be nice if they could mix it up a little - Maybe even focus each character towards their intended job class or something).

Add some optional dungeons and side-quests that tie into and expand upon all of the new stuff that got added in the Compilation games - Just enough to have everything make sense and not enough that it distracts from the main storyline of FFVII.

Even if it's terrible, I'd buy it. Even if they had to stick an M rating on it due to language with characters like Barret and Cid, it'd still probably sell more than the entire FFXIII trilogy has.

I don't want them to change the story, but it would be really awesome to have new graphics!

Do You Like Waffles? DarkBahamut's Avatar

Make it rated M for Tifa nude scenes.

In all seriousness, the nostalgia might be killed. I actually love the polygons, in a way. Like I love the imperfections.

No time for "Dilly-Dallying" or "Shilly-Shallying."
    Props go to the one and only, Proxy, for the signature.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I won't mind and hopefully there are a lot more extra contents such as playing the game in Sephiroth's perspective. It will be awesome that the final bosses of the game are Cloud and his butt buddies while you fight them as Sephiroth.

Oh, and the Aerith killing part, maybe behead her and mince her up just so no more Aerith revival rumours will ever surface.