Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Leaked Nintendo Digital Event 2014"

Articles

Default "Leaked Nintendo Digital Event 2014"

So there has been a leaked schedule of Nintendo's E3 press conference (Nintendo Direct, probably). Source comes from someone who works in Nintendo's European Faction in Germany. Full details can seen here.

Games he said were to be announced.

"WII U
    New Zelda game – As they said, Nintendo will finally show us brand new Wii U Zelda. They gonna show us CGI trailer, and also a few minutes of gameplay. It will be true open world Zelda (Elder Scrolls style). It will have two regions, one dark and edgy. Second more colorful, just like Skyward Sword. Game will be playable at E3. Release date: 2015.
    Smash Bros Wii U – They will reveal release dates for both versions (SB Wii U in November). Show more gameplay, and presents all fighters and stages. They will also talk about Smash DLC and NFC Figures.
    Monolith Soft X (Xenoworld) – Open world jrpg with story mode and cooperation similar to Monster Hunter Games. You can play it alone with AI companions. Release date winter 2014 in Japan and march 2015 in the west.
    Bayonetta 2 – Trailer and release date (fall 2014)
    FExSMT/Yarn Yoshi – first trailers and release dates (first half of 2015)
    Hyrule Warriors – first trailer, release date is October 2014. Hyrule Warriors is final title.
    Fatal Frame/Project Zero – first CGI trailer, “coming soon”
    Retro Studios Game – New IP, sci-fi action adventure game, first CGI trailer, “coming soon”
    New Miyamoto’s game – Lots of Gamepad and NFC gimmicks.
    Mario Party U – Nintendo’s holiday game for casual gamers, classic Mario Party, but with NFC figurines.
    Pokken – first trailer, Pokemon fighting game from Namco, 2015

NINTENDO 3DS
    Smash Bros – more details about 3DS version
    Pokemon Omega Ruby/Apha Saphire – trailer, details about game
    Tomodachi Life – trailer, details
    Yokai Watch/Dragon Quest VII – west release announcement, trailers, details and release dates (autumn-winter 2014)
    Metroid 3DS – developed by Next Level Games, classic 2.5D Metroid, trailer, release date: December 2014

Big Reveal of the Event
    Star Fox – reboot of the series, developed by Platinum Games. First trailer, CGI and gameplay. Game is mix of Star Fox Adventures and classic Star Fox games. Release date: 2015."

What's the verdict, folks. Does this list seem legitimate?
    Last edited by Dat Matt; 05-11-2014 at 11:49 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I hope so. I'm liking the sound of the Zelda, Super Smash Bros, Mario, Pokemon, Metroid and whatever Retro Studios has planned. Seeing more of Bayonetta 2 would be most welcomed as well.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Nice. Been hoping they'd do a 2.5 Metroid for years now. I know other M was...kinda...in that direction, but I am hoping whatever game this is will be a more traditional "quiet" Metroid, so to speak.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Not a bad line-up to be honest.

Articles

So here's my thoughts (and some comments from the reddit thread I stole the link from)

Wii U
    * The games suggested here had already been revealed/announced previously. For the Wii U we know that they were working one Zelda U/ Xenoworld / Smash U / Bayonetta 2 / FE X SMT / Yarn Yoshi / Hyrule Warriors from previous announcements.
    * The Details behind Fatal Frame were very recently announced (Apparently I missed it).
    * Retro studios finished Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze in February so they'll have had 3 months to get concepts together for a new game.
    * A recent investors meeting suggested tha Miyamoto was working on Gamepad related games. NFC is also apparently Nintendo's equivalent to Skylanders and Disney infinity.
    * Pokken was recently trademarked as a pokemon fighting game.
    Only new thing on the Wii U list is Mario Party U, which is a no brainer really.

3DS
    * Localisation of games which are already out in Japan (I think Tomodachi Life, DQVII and Yokai Watch are out)
    * News on Pokemon which was revealed a few days ago.
    Only "new" news is the Metroid and Starfox news.

This list is interesting for 2 main reasons.
    1. 90% of this list isn't news, it's small snippets of information we have already received from other locations, just collaborated.
    2. Items such as "New Retro Studios Game" and "New Minamoto" game are too vague. It's unlikely that the projects would not hae a working title to go on.

The list seems plausible, and I am hyped for things like a new 2.5 Metroid game. The rest seems like a collaboration of news we've received already with the assumption that everything will be shown at E3.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Hype is happening. New Zelda and Metroid. It's Christmas all over again!

Also

Big Reveal of the Event
    Star Fox – reboot of the series, developed by Platinum Games. First trailer, CGI and gameplay. Game is mix of Star Fox Adventures and classic Star Fox games. Release date: 2015."
    Please be true. Please be true. As one of the 3 people who liked Starfox Adventures... please be true.
    Last edited by Aulayna; 05-11-2014 at 11:57 PM.

Articles

I would be interested to see where they put a new star fox game, on Wii u or 3ds. Its not specified.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Hm, Xenoworld sounds less fun as a co-op game.

But new Metroid and Star Fox for 3DS: Yes please!

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm working on a pretty vague memory of Star Fox Adventures, but I could get behind this game IF the flying sections are handled well. I can only remember the beginning flying section in Adventures, and it was way too short and not fun. The rest of the game I enjoyed okay... but the formula was handled better in other games. I just want another good Star Fox game in the same vein as the original/64.

The rest of the news I don't care that much about. I'll be more excited once I actually see the trailers and whatnot, I think. All I know is that the only Pokemon game I really want for the Wii U is a Pokemon Snap game... but that's never going to happen.

That is badass if true, I'm also thrilled there's nothing mentioned on this supposed 'new console' that's been rumoured here and there.

Articles

Nintendo confirmed that there was no new hardware at this E3.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Pretty good content, could help Nintendo get back on track. I've been waiting for a Metroidvania game on the 3DS, if it looks good enough it might get me to open mine back up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shauna View Post
    Nintendo confirmed that there was no new hardware at this E3.
    Wonderful. The 3DS is still doing quite well and the Wii U could be something special if Nintendo marketed it properly to a proper audience (the casual Wii fans still aren't aware it's an entirely new console), sorted out their first-party games and drummed up third-party support.

Easier said than done I know, but if this leak is even partially true they're off to a great start. Mario Kart and Smash Bros this year and Zelda and Starfox next year should give them the time they need to sort themselves out.

Articles

Only hardware I would be excited to see is some sort of DS loader so that DS games could be played on Wii U. The touchpad's second screen already allows them to bypass the hardware barrier.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Haven't they already announced (or at least shown interest in) adding DS games to the e-shop? It would be cool if they actually had hardware to play DS/3DS cartridges on the system. They did similar stuff with the Super Nintendo/Game Boy and Gamecube/GBA. It's been every other system they've released so far, so it would keep up with that tradition, haha.