Thread: Making Money in Market Wards

FFXIV Character

Devore Jojishi (Sargatanas)

Default Making Money in Market Wards

I recently started this game, although I was around during beta, and I've been trying to get set up like I was before the calamity and have found that quite a lot of the gear in the market wards is really cheap. I remember having to spend a like 10,000+ just for a new weapon while now I can fully kit several low level classes for around 5,000. Which is awesome.

But as someone who has two retainers and sell a lot of gear and items, I was wondering if the wards is still a good place to make a lot of gil? And if anyone knows of a good way to watch the markets so I can adjust prices appropriately?

i n v i s i b l e Tech Admin o_O's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Humphrey Squibbles (Sargatanas)

In fact, the market is the best place to make money. You can rack up a fair bit of gil from doing dungeons, but that's in the range of 100ks; if you want to be making money in the millions you're gonna have to be playing the market. Get-rich-quick schemes in this game are essentially "craft/obtain drop/have retainer find you a super rare item or material and hock it on the market for 1.5 million gil."

Things like white raven armour fragments, rare minions, hard-to-craft or fully melded gear tends to sell for a whole lot of money.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Protip: Sell high just before and just after a patch release.

But yeah, if you're not a L50 crafter/gatherer with loads of materia on your gear, then the best you can do is farm dungeons for items that sell for high numbers. *nod*
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!