Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Aeons

FFXIV Character

Twinkle Belle (Hyperion)

To add to this thread I also agree that Levi would have made an excellent choice to add to this mix...

Personally Carbuncle would have made my day.

I am curious about if I should level all of my Aeons equally (so far I have focused on my favorites, Shiva, Ifrit and Bahamut) I was working on Valefor for a while but I started to wonder if it would be a waste since he seems a little weaker than the other summons, until I noticed someone mentioning his evasion being high/good for building overdrive...

Does anyone else have preferences on which Aeons to focus on?

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I don't think you should spend resources on boosting anything but the bonus aeons, seeing as they are so ridiculously much more powerful than the five first. I only really dumped a few spheres into bahamut because i was at 99 of them and would be losing any spheres I would find at that point. And also because is the only story aeon with built-in break damage limit.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

FFXIV Character

Twinkle Belle (Hyperion)

Hmmmm I see... I only just unlocked Yojimbo and I have already spent a fair bit leveling 3 out of the first 5... might heed your advice and hold off on boosting them anymore :3 I just looked up how some of the other Aeons can get the break damage limit and saw some interesting facts - ewwww sad face Lulu = Shiva >_<; - I might end up getting Wakka and Yuna \o/

Need to get the fully powered up celestial weps ;
    Yuna - Valefor
    Auron - Yojimbo
    Lulu - Shiva
    Kimahri - Ixion
    Wakka - Ifrit

Articles
    Blog Entries

You actually only need to get the crest and use it to power up the weapon once. After that, the respective aeon can break the damage limit. You don't need to get the sigils.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    Curious, though, that in a game where the four key elements are aligned and opposed, that only three of them are represented via Aeon.
    Dude I never even realised.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Karifean View Post
    You actually only need to get the crest and use it to power up the weapon once. After that, the respective aeon can break the damage limit. You don't need to get the sigils.
    Sigils are the the hardest to get as well. All are linked to some minigame. All the crests are just sitting around in various locations. Make it easy to break the damage limits.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I always thought the summons they had in the game were adequate. Can't really think of any I would want to add.

Articles

I ended up never using Summons. Yuna was a staple of my early game party, but she falls to the back line at the end of the game.