Thread: Renzokuken

Default Renzokuken

I get a special charge out of screaming REN ZO KU KEN whenever I perform Squall's Limit Break.

Any special moments you've had with the Renzokuken? Tips on proper technique?

Discuss gunblade carnage here.

whenever I land a successful Triggered hit I yell obscenities in several obscure Asian languages

Blog Entries

I dislike when I have Lionheart and I'm fighting a high hp boss and I get Blasting Zone or Fated Circle. It's like 10 seconds for one hit of damage. I'd rather it just do nothing or be 75% Rough divide, 25% Lion Heart
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Spooniest View Post
    I get a special charge out of screaming REN ZO KU KEN whenever I perform Squall's Limit Break.

Any special moments you've had with the Renzokuken? Tips on proper technique?

Discuss gunblade carnage here.
    I, too, shout REN ZO KU KEN while attacking with it. And whenever Fated Circle activates, I try to make the "shhauck" sound as well.

Hitting every time has never been an issue for me though, I'm very practised at bringing the pain.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't shout it, but I get a significant feeling of satisfaction in slamming the R1 button over and over as Squall throttled his opponents. Favorite limit break for sure.

Question:

Which boss had your favorite Special Renzokuken pattern? Or were you all too busy watching the gauge to notice them?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Jumbo Cactuar's is the only one I remember and Squall's limit break is my favorite out of any game.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Yeah, I did enjoy Jumbo Cactuar. It was hard to pay attention to any variations when hitting the buttons is so validating though.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I put it on Auto

To anyone curious, here are all the various Renzokuken scenarios:

I really like X-ATM092's, Bahamut's, and Ultimecia+Griever's. Jumbo Cactuar's is awesome, but more because of Jumbo Cactuar's animations than Squall's.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like the Bahamut one most. I hardly ever use their Limit's so I hadn't seen most of those

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Hell, if you don't leave a party member near death and constantly tapping triangle you're not playing the game right.

pinchpinchpinchpinchpinch ScottNUMBERS's Avatar

In all my play-throughs I never noticed there were even more than one variation of Renzokuken's animation. "Mind blown" as they say.
    Staring at my sig will not induce epileptic fits.

A themagicroundabout sig, by themagicroundabout.

Blog Entries

I never knew there was any variation aside from Jumbo cactuar

I like Bahamaut
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

The unique animations are fixed, so you always get the same pattern of Triggers. Plus, some of the bosses have really long or awkward gaps between the pulses due to the new animations. I used Renzokuken a lot, so I basically memorized the main patterns. It's then easy to see the differences of the special ones, even if you don't look at the animations.

It's kind of a shame, really. There are some good animations there, but you are encouraged to completely ignore them and just focus on the timing bar.

I like X-ATM092's because it reminds me of Chrono Trigger and the fight against the Dragon Tank, with the way Squall thrusts his gunblade into its head and rips it down the mecha-spider's back.