• Spain

4 9.09%
  • Switzerland

0 0%
  • Uruguay

1 2.27%
  • USA

4 9.09%
  • Football. Football will win. (By football I mean soccer)

4 9.09%
Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 12345678122252 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil

Since when is Belgium back in the World Cup? I don't think they've been in here for ages.

My country is gonna fail hard versus Spain and Chile. Heck I even fear the worst when they face Australia.

Brazil is going to take it home. It'll be a South American final. Maybe the Germans.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> This WC is hard to predict. Brazil are the locals now so they will do anything to not suck.
    I think they will win it.

Argentina depends too much on Messi.
    Chile is good but their players get injured every 10 minutes.
    Uruguay team are a bunch of geezers.
    Colombia.. this could be the surprise Falcao is a scary guy.
    Ecuador, an ok team I guess.. But I dont see a player that makes the difference.
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Gonna back the hosts, they've got a fairly monsterous squad and home field advantage. Don't think Spain will be able to continue their golden run. Mind you, entirely possible for Luis to single handedly win the cup!

England won't make it out of the group, worst defence of any England team of my lifetime, and the only lifeline we had is not going as it stands (Big man forever).

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    You've got players from sodding League One in your squad. Although that's probably still better than the A-League standard. Where are the Vidukas and Kewells? Even a Brett bloody Emerton would've filled me with some hope.
    I haven't watched an A-League game in years but I don't think the quality is improving as much as I would like. Honestly, I am glad Kewell is no longer in the squad. The guy has been injured in almost every international match for the past 8 years. I would rather front a team with more potential but less experience than our "A Team" because they've shown consistently that they don't quite have the quality. But there are smurfing talented Aussies roaming around the world; give them a chance to play with the Socceroos and get the experience necessary to become a team worth Pete being afraid of.

(I love Brett Emerton his absence makes me sad.) Hopefully Cahill can do something amazing. He has the bloody US record for fastest goal; just do that son.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    Since when is Belgium back in the World Cup? I don't think they've been in here for ages.
    They have a class team - Mignolet, Kompany, Vermaelen, Vertonghen, Dembele, Hazard and Lukaku (and Fellaini, Januzaj and Mirallas when they feel like it) are excellent players and it's a shame Benteke is injured otherwise they could be the outside team to put your money on.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by AssassinDX View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    They have a class team - Mignolet, Kompany, Vermaelen, Vertonghen, Dembele, Hazard and Lukaku (and Fellaini, Januzaj and Mirallas when they feel like it) are excellent players and it's a shame Benteke is injured otherwise they could be the outside team to put your money on.
    I went for Belgium in the poll. They have a great squad of players and they absolutely coasted their qualifying group. Didn't lose a single game, won 8-out-of-10 and only conceded 4 goals. The South American conditions might be tricky but they're who I've got my money on.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Belgium are overhyped imho. They don't have big tournament experience, they're quite a young squad under a lot of pressure and if it wasn't for the laughable group they're in I'd be backing their first round exit.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Think what you want, they will be victorious... and I will celebrate by sipping on a lovely glass of Chimay Blue whilst eating mussels and frites followed by a Belgian Waffle.

Articles

No Guylians? You disgust me

Voted Belgium as I think they'll surprise people. If I had to bet actual money on it, I'd probably go with Brazil.

It'd be nice to see England win, but I can't see us getting past the group stage.

All I ever wanted in life was for the US national team to beat Portugal.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

You wanna watch yourself with that kind of talk, the last time one of the major nations that make up a large portion of EoFF's userbase played Portugal in an international tournament about 7 random portugese members turned up out of nowhere making sure the world knew all about how evil the English team and fans were and how they were largely responsible for the terrible acts of the empire.

actually, keep going for it, that was the best thing that ever happened in a football thread on effoff. (with the only other challenger for that crown being the time pauw made panayi ragequit the forums)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    No Guylians? You disgust me
    can't blame him really, I assume most United fans are avoiding anything that reminds them that their team is now a shell of its former self.

Articles

Bizarrely the same thing happened when a couple of us said Greece's Eurovision winning song a few years ago was a bag of arse. The militant Greek and Portugese lurkers at EoFF frighten me.

Didn't some Brazilians turn up once because of football too?
    Quote Originally Posted by DK View Post
    can't blame him really, I assume most United fans are avoiding anything that reminds them that their team is now a shell of its former self.
    When I eat them they send me to seventh heaven.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

You're preaching to the choir brother, you know very well that if I could only ever eat one type of chocolate again for the rest of my life Guylian would be the chosen one.

Articles

There's rumours that they're going to get the manager of Everton Mints to be their new manager, but they're just rumours because nobody would be stupid enough to hire someone from such a second rate organisation.