Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The things that made you cry!

Blog Entries

Default The things that made you cry!

For some reason this seems like a really fun thread idea right now, but it probably won't soon enough. Oh well.

Basically, just list works in various forms that made/make you cry. For me, it'd be...

TV: The "How I Met Your Mother" finale I watched just now. I teared up a bit when (SPOILER)the Mom died.

Movie: The first time I watched "Ed Wood" it made me cry when (SPOILER)Bela Lugosi gave the "I have no home" speech, specifically because he said he'd have no trouble with it even though it was introduced into the script late. He's so alone!! Alternatively there's also Les Mis, although I've started to be a bit of a snob about it so I can't appreciate the 2012 film as much as I used to. :P

Music: Jacque Brel's "Ne Me Quitte Pas" gets me almost every time.

Book: Fault in Our Stars. Just, all of it.

How about you guys? Are there any works that make you cry, or not so much? (I'm a bit of a wimp, I guess!)

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Unhappy

Wallace & Gromit when the moon robot gets left behind ;____;

Jurassic Park when they're leaving on the helicopter, and Dr Hammond has to leave his dream and all of his hard work and the dinosaur babies ;________________________;

Mr Bean when his fiancee leaves him, or when he sends himself Christmas cards ;_; ;_; ;_;

Police Academy when Hightower gets kicked out of the Police Academy, omg ;_____;

The Planet Earth documentary when the baby elephant is following its mother's footsteps through the desert, and it turns out he is following them IN THE WRONG DIRECTION and will never ever be reunited with its mother

Any time things aren't going the way that Pingu wants them to ;___;

Ugh I think I'm going to cry right now

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

How to train your dragon 2

(SPOILER) My big fat hairy Viking died.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I used to be a stone-cold emotionless thing as a kid. Never cried at anything. Mufasa died? Pssh. Fox and the Hound? lol not a tear! But then I got older and I am pretty sure my hormones ruined it and now I can cry at pretty much anything.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    I used to be a stone-cold emotionless thing as a kid. Never cried at anything. Mufasa died? Pssh. Fox and the Hound? lol not a tear! But then I got older and I am pretty sure my hormones ruined it and now I can cry at pretty much anything.
    Oh man this happened to me too. The older I get, the more I cry at the drop of a hat.

Okay let's get some Toy Story 3 ending up in here ;____;

I could not possibly begin to compile a list for this. Everything makes me tear up. Everything. Ever.

Movies, books, songs, poems. If somebody tells me a really nice story.

I love the movie Spirited Away so much that most of the time around 5 minutes in when the theme music starts playing and 'Spirited Away' comes up on the screen I will tear up. I once tried to watch a making of Spirited Away documentary one night after Lambrini, I couldn't watch it without tearing up and had to stop. The Lambrini probably had something to do with that, I could usually watch a making of documentary.

Sometimes I make up stories in my head when I'm bored at work and play them out and I often tear up because of them.

Books are the worst of all.

It's unavoidabe!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    Oh man this happened to me too. The older I get, the more I cry at the drop of a hat.

I've always cried at things. That one episode of Pokemon where Ash (SPOILER)lets his butterfree go made me sob so much when I was a kid for some reason! And speaking of Toy Story 3, I started crying when the bear shared his story. I couldn't even finish the ending. My Mom and I both had to vacate the room.

I guess it's more of a short story than a video game thing, so Hannah's Departure. Gosh, just, . (It's from Lost Odyssey, but it doesn't have any spoilers.)

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post

We watched this the other day. I was ready for it. I knew what was coming. lol still many tears all over the place. This time in the comfort of my own home instead of in a cinema.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I cry at everything. If its sad just assume I cried.

The Other Woman my goodness I cried that entire movie. For anyone who doesn't know, its a movie about a second wife who lost her baby, thinking she killed her by accident, and its showing her struggle moving on. She's depressed, but not in that movie depressed way but in an actual unlikeable kind of way. She gets selfish, short tempered, moody, sad. Her family tries to help and she pushes them away. It shows how it negatively affects her relationship. Her husband is sad but tries to put on a strong face for her and he eventually just can't anymore. It made me see a lot of what I've struggled with (not losing a child thank goodness, but with depression in general) and it was a very good but very sad movie

I cry with everything. Stuff that normal people don't see as sad or tear jerking I cry on. The last thing that made me like, bawl and sob? Eh... Last thing I remember that made me really cry that hard was Gears of War 3 (if you played it you know when).

Blog Entries

My Girl

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Advent children

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I cried while watching Brave last night.

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Unhappy

Up

Quote Originally Posted by Calliope View Post

Mr Bean when his fiancee leaves him, or when he sends himself Christmas cards ;_; ;_; ;_;

oh my god i forgot about how much this affected me as a kiddiewink my word (