Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Heya!

Articles
    Blog Entries

I stopped playing during Gen 3 because my rival was being polite to me.

Listen, Pokemon, you make my rival a giant asshole I can't stand right this instance!

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Alayna Mae (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Newmani View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AlaynaMae View Post
    I think it had something to do with the anime for me. As a kid I watched the anime that followed the first and second gens so I was committed to each and every Pokemon. When the third gen came out, I wasn't watching anymore so it was just a bunch of new things that I had no story connection to. Also my first game was Silver, and I backplayed through the first gen games, so I have a bit of first game nostalgia for Gen 1 and Gen 2 as well.
    You had Silver version too? I freaking loved that game. I remember one playthrough I beat the Elite Four with my Pokemon at level 38 or so. Sadly the battery wiped out soon after...
    I had such a good time when Soul Silver came out. Oh man, those nostalgia feels. And then Pokemon from Gen 3+ started being used and I had to sit with a Pokedex next to me so I could figure out what types they all were because I couldn't tell from the names.

My future is fuelled by the fires of words, wit and companionship.

I think it had something to do with the anime for me. As a kid I watched the anime that followed the first and second gens so I was committed to each and every Pokemon. When the third gen came out, I wasn't watching anymore so it was just a bunch of new things that I had no story connection to. Also my first game was Silver, and I backplayed through the first gen games, so I have a bit of first game nostalgia for Gen 1 and Gen 2 as well.
    You had Silver version too? I freaking loved that game. I remember one playthrough I beat the Elite Four with my Pokemon at level 38 or so. Sadly the battery wiped out soon after...
    I had such a good time when Soul Silver came out. Oh man, those nostalgia feels. And then Pokemon from Gen 3+ started being used and I had to sit with a Pokedex next to me so I could figure out what types they all were because I couldn't tell from the names.
    Of course on the bright side only a small few of them showed up. And Kanto was completely restored, with the old legendaries and areas that were previously blocked off due to space restraints once again accessible. Pokemon Black and White were like what Pokemon Gold and Silver were for the previous generation, and they were glorious, but there's absolutely no Pokemon from the other generations available in game until after the credits roll so... if you're not into that I can't recommend it.

But this generation.... good lord it's awful. The starters and the box legendaries were the only great looking Pokemon in there, and the upcoming remakes of Ruby and Sapphire.... I dunno if I can take those. Even the names suck. Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby? I've seen fan remakes do better!

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Alayna Mae (Sargatanas)

Adding new evolutions and whatnot bothered me. I am very attached to my originals - I don't need super awesome mega special Charizard or whatever. Charizard was always my (very cliche) favourite because I always went with fire starters and I love dragons, and he was the most dragon-looking of Gen 1. Dragonite was a massive disappointment. How did something as beautiful as Dragonair evolve into Dragonite? Derp.

Actually, that's the first thing I thought when I saw the new Charizard evolutions. Which of these seems to make more sense?

Untitled 7.png

I might've loved Dragonite if he looked more like ​that.

Adding new evolutions and whatnot bothered me. I am very attached to my originals - I don't need super awesome mega special Charizard or whatever. Charizard was always my (very cliche) favourite because I always went with fire starters and I love dragons, and he was the most dragon-looking of Gen 1. Dragonite was a massive disappointment. How did something as beautiful as Dragonair evolve into Dragonite? Derp.

Actually, that's the first thing I thought when I saw the new Charizard evolutions. Which of these seems to make more sense?

Untitled 7.png

I might've loved Dragonite if he looked more like ​that.
    Eh, I don't think I could have. That entire design makes no sense and just plain wouldn't work. Those.... feathers? There's no supporting structure there so if he tried to fly with them they'd just bend and not catch the wind. And the eternal flames... Wouldn't he run out of fuel? As for Dragonite I thought it was cute but it could have been done a bit better. But I still love the bugger. I guess it just grew on me.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Alayna Mae (Sargatanas)

The Pokemon itself is fine - it's the lack of continuity in the evolution that bothers me. Dragonair is sleek, stylish and blue; Dragonite is none of those things.

The Pokemon itself is fine - it's the lack of continuity in the evolution that bothers me. Dragonair is sleek, stylish and blue; Dragonite is none of those things.
    That sort of reminded me of a theory I once heard about Butterfree and Venomoth. Supposedly Venomoth was supposed to be Metapod's evolution, and Butterfree was supposed to be Venonat's evolution. Why the two were switched is unknown, but a lot of people theorize that cause of the eyes of both Butterfree and Venomoth matching Venonat and Metapod respectively.

Scyther shall always be the greatest of the Pokemon and I shall here no words against this indisputable fact.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Really, you're going with Scyther?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like Squirtle the mostest

I... can't decide a favorite. There's Mew and Butterfree and Wigglytuff and Ninetails and Lugia and Mewtwo and Giratina and Charizard and Togetic and Yveltal.... and a couple dozen others.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Really, you're going with Scyther? Cause he's totes my favorite!
    Quote Originally Posted by shion View Post
    I like Scyther the mostest
    I... can't decide a favorite. There's Scyther and Scyther and Scyther and Scyther and Scyther and Scyther and Scyther and Scyther and Scyther and Scyther.... and a couple dozen others whose names are all Scyther.
    Glad we could all see eye to eye on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Really, you're going with Scyther? Cause he's totes my favorite!
    Quote Originally Posted by shion View Post
    I like Scyther the mostest
    I... can't decide a favorite. There's Scyther and Scyther and Scyther and Scyther and Scyther and Scyther and Scyther and Scyther and Scyther and Scyther.... and a couple dozen others whose names are all Scyther.
    Glad we could all see eye to eye on this one.
    Oh dear, we have yet another Missingno....

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Is it not too insane in here?
    Hello. My name is Psychotic. No further words are necessary.

TFF is a pretty god damn awesome site so glad to have another one of you fine folk over here. My Sims LP is on the front page of TFF right now actually! Loco is a boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Is it not too insane in here?
    Hello. My name is Psychotic. No further words are necessary.

TFF is a pretty god damn awesome site so glad to have another one of you fine folk over here. My Sims LP is on the front page of TFF right now actually! Loco is a boss.
    Aww you can't possibly be as bad as Sephy or Kefka right? XD

As for coming from TFF I hate to say it but I'm new over there too. I was there.... then poofed for a while... then came back to find the place still empty.