View Poll Results: Which Recurring FF Tradition Do You Like The Most?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Recurring creatures! (Chocobos, moogles, etc.)

12 25.00%
  • Recurring themes! (Crystals, etc.)

2 4.17%
  • Summoned Monsters!

1 2.08%
  • Airships!

3 6.25%
  • Cid!

3 6.25%
  • All the familiar classes and jobs!

10 20.83%
  • The recurring musical themes!

8 16.67%
  • Other (Say in your post! Exclamation point!)

9 18.75%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Final Fantasy "Tradition" Do You Enjoy the Most?

Jobs and classes...!

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Jobs and Classes, even when I'm playing other games with different classes, but similar roles I think back to how they work in Final Fantasy.

But the music was a close second. I mean everytime I hear the main theme, I think back to the first time I crossed the bridge in I and I'm a kid again.

Most of the traditions I really liked about the Final Fantasy games are kinda dead with Aerith.

- the old battle system

- the music done by Nobou Uematsu

- characters having no voice and using your imagination to what they sound like

- controllable airship

- game not feeling too linear [ FF X, FF XIII ] but not too flipping big either [ FF XII ]

- decent and enjoyable villains [ Kefka, Paramecia, Kuja ]

- decent and enjoyable heroes [ Cecil, Bartz, Terra, Cloud, Squall, Zidane ]

- amazing final boss theme [ FF III, FF IV, FF V, FF VI, FF VII, FF VII, FF IX ]

- amazing villian tunes [ Golbez, Ex-Death, Kefka, Sephiroth, Kuja ]

- classic victory theme, they seem to be keen to murder this, but they did bring it back in FF XIV I heard, but Sephiroth is still hanging around it, waiting to drop his sword behind it's back.

Apart from that, job classes, which hopefully they won't kill off since Bravery Default is doing so strongly.
    Last edited by maybee; 05-17-2014 at 12:46 PM.

Biggs, Wedge, Cid, Highwind, Airships, Chocobos, Cactuars, Malboros, Ultima, Meteor, Holy, Summons, Bahamut, Leviathan, Shiva, Odin, Fat Chocobo, Gilgamesh, Tiamat, Chaos, Gil, Special Skills/Job Classes, Crystals/Materia/Magicite, etc.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Probably the music, certain enemies and characters come and go or were never a full part of the series until later, but I must say I was pretty bummed out when the Main FF theme and Prelude never really showed up in some form in FFXIII. It bothered me more than I thought it would.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

This is a hard choice. I can't choose just 1, so I'll do my top 3:

1) Recurring Musical Themes

FFXIII had some wonderful music but what the hell were SE thinking removing prelude and fanfare music completely from the game? They could have at least made fanfare music for boss battles like they did for XII. It feels hugely satisfying listening to the theme after you've defeated a tough opponent and without it I felt that all the battles in XIII just ended abruptly with no sense of overcoming anything. I'm hoping for a return of fanfare after boss battles in XV...*fingers crossed*

2) Summoned Monsters

What would Final Fantasy be without the return of past FF summons? FFXII, of course. The fact that there were NO originals in the game was hugely disappointing and I really felt no connection with any of the summons in XII. Even XIII had 2 originals, albeit them being transform-a-freaks. We already know that Leviathan will be in FFXV so hopefully we will see a return of more.

3) Recurring creatures

I love Chocobos and Moogles so of course this was going to make my list! It's also great to have returning enemies such as Behemoth. I'm looking forward to seeing how Moogles will be incorporated in to FFXV, IF they are included. I'm really hoping they are, but if not then I hope they're at least acknowledged, like Lulu's Moogle weapon in FFX. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Moogles similar to XII.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Articles
    Blog Entries

All of them, really. It's really really hard to count one above the other.

Yo, what Sephiroth said, right at the top. Also, with a couple of other games under my belt, here's a big one: Polished UI. Say what you want about story, characters, music, minigames - but all FFs I've played have had a clean and functional menu system, clear and readable stat readouts in battle (HP/MP levels), and it's all easily and smoothly navigated. (Hear that, Tales of ...Whatever? Xenosaga?)
    This Apple-software (QuickTime) is not meant to be used for controlling nuclear powerplants, aircraft-navigation, communication-systems, air traffic control-systems or lifesupportive machines, where errors and shortcomings in the Apple-software may lead to deaths, injuries or serious property- or environmental damage.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    Other: All of the above!
    Face

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Airships, when they were useful..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..