Thread: Top five RPGs on the table top

Blog Entries

Default Top five RPGs on the table top

I dont think it says anywhere that this forum is just for video games. What are your five favourite tabletop RPG systems?
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

I don't know if I'll get 5 out, but here we go!

Mutant Epoch - It's a great game for nonsensical Mutant apocalypse. Random Character Generation can get you some pretty crazy trout to play with, and potential monster encounters are great, like the lazer spitting Veloca raptor, or Amphibious Psychic Sharks.

Anima: Beyond Fantasy - Were it not for the unbelievable amount of effort it takes to teach a person this game, and the effort and time it takes to run, I would play this game so much more. In spite of the issues with overly vague guidelines for some abilities, and some things offering you no guidlines what so ever where they are desperately needed, the game runs amazingly smoothly, and the customization compared to other systems is insane.

Pathfinder: Fixed pretty much everything wrong with 3.5 DnD, Pathfinder is pretty much my current game of choice. So many fun ways to play all the different classes, a lot more customization then 3.5 had, vastly improved Skill system, and all the weaker classes became far more viable.

Also it has the Inquisitor, my new favorite class.

Blog Entries

World of Darkness is fun and fast. I like the d10 successes system
    ShadowRun is also an enjoyable setting
    DnD 3.5 basic and easy to adapt
    Continuum havent played this one but it has some really fascinating ideas and mechanics to deal with time travel
    Airship Pirates havent played this one either but it looks really interesting just from the different variety of characters available
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Blog Entries

I have pretty mcuh only played Palladium game systems, and they are all pretty much variations of one core system, so, uh, that. Also, Battlelords of the 23rd Century. They are not dissimilar.

I would like to play other systems and expand my horizons.

Sadly I only made it to AD&D 2nd Edition. It was good enough for me

I don't really know any role players and certainly am not part of any groups anymore. Everyone I played with moved on after a while. It got more and more rare and then just stopped all together

Though things I would definitely love to try are things like Vampire: The Masquerade, Cyberpunk/Shadowrun, and Mutants and Masterminds. I don't know how well I'd rate their mechanics, but I am glad they exist and would be happy to dip my toes into them some day. My horizons in this regard need expanded horribly