Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What would you like to see in a remake?

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

1) Don't go for a realistic graphics look. Something more cell-shaded would be much more in keeping with the original.

2) Add a little more character customization. In FF6 you can basically do nothing to set up your individual characters. Maybe have espers teach skills as well as magic?
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

Quote Originally Posted by VeloZer0 View Post
    2) Add a little more character customization. In FF6 you can basically do nothing to set up your individual characters. Maybe have espers teach skills as well as magic?
    How about a system where each character has a certain number of points they can allot toward learning spells, so that it's not feasible (or possible) to teach all the magic to every character? This would be interesting.

Another interesting twist would be to adjust characters' stats as they learn spells (a la equipping materia in VII) where the more spells you know, the higher your magic becomes, but the lower your strength gets.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I'm personally more partial to systems where everyone can learn everything, but are limited to what they can actually have active/equipped at any given time.

Or maybe in place of every spell an Esper teaches you can get a spell or a passive ability. So you have to choose which fits the character better?
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

Quote Originally Posted by VeloZer0 View Post
    I'm personally more partial to systems where everyone can learn everything, but are limited to what they can actually have active/equipped at any given time.

Or maybe in place of every spell an Esper teaches you can get a spell or a passive ability. So you have to choose which fits the character better?
    You've got to remember that the Ability system from FFV has been replaced by the Accessory system. Accessories grant passive abilities.

I'd say the gameplay is pretty square (if you'll pardon the pun), it oughtn't be changed. Just throw us a four-party dungeon, and for the love of pete, where the heck are Bannon and Arvis? 'Splain that!

Oh, I hear you.

Yeah, OverClocked has some really good remixes..