Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This show was LEGEN ...wait for it, DARY?!

omg marshall and lily are being such incredibly stupid $^%!@#$
    (starting with season 8 right now)

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

While I very rarely (if at all) laughed at it, the finale season wasn't as good as the others in places, and the ending of the finale (as well as other things about the finale) wasn't really what I wanted to happen (though I didn't hate the whole finale), and it made it's mistakes like all shows do...

This show really was LEGEN, wait for it... DARY! Seriously, there was so much I love about it, I even have an article/essay in the works about it. It's kind of a defense against people who say they can't watch the show again because of the finale, but it's also an explaination as to why I like the show so much.

Note: Can you still like a comedy if you don't find it funny? I think so, and I do. It's like how I'm a fan of Final Destination, which is a horror movie, but I don't find it scary at all, barring one death from the movies (and some I've heard of that are in the books) that disturbed me.

Articles
    Blog Entries

It was a good show. It had its hit and miss jokes and all the characters were genuinely likeable. I feel they should have made Robin the mother right off the bat, but the ending doesn't bother me as much as it did others. I knew they were going to try to swerve us anyway. Though I have to say by the last season I wasn't even interested in learning who the mother was.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    It had a horrible ending for me. It has two good points that don't work together completely and that makes it horrible as well. And that is sad and not in a very good way.
    Now that I saw it personally on TV and I don't think it is that bad. It would have never been absolutely satisfying for me. But it is still somehow disappointing.

Not that How I met your Mother was fated to have a perfect Ending such as Friends by showing two significant romances for so long. There was always the "when we are 40 and not married we get together" thing and Ted is a father, Robin never really wanted children (except when they were Ted's) and so I guess it is fine. But what is so sad is so sad.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 08-29-2014 at 02:10 AM.