Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

The people in this game are very... impulsive

A bit, to be honest I think it's a bit warranted on the part of pretty much everyone but the king. (I mean he does seem like the kind of crazy you'd want to run away from. )

OH GOD A TALKING FLUTE!

Oh god, I have gone Mental.

You know what? Reality hasn't exactly been nice to me. Perhaps I shall listen to the crazy voice
    in my head!

Ruin diving? Alrighty Father Flute, I'm game. Now, how to escape?

Huh, Kara's Pig.

Welp, a Key and a letter saying she wants to escape with me. Part of me feels obligated to escape with her for freeing me, but really this is her smurfing fault to begin with.

...Ah well, I guess I can get her out of here, maybe cure the dumb.

...Okay, Uncle Bill? At what point in your dungeon designing career was it you finally started to feel bad? Was it the maze like structure of your dungeons? Was it filling it with fire breathing sea serpents and bats? or was it when you decided to desecrate the deceased by transforming them into skeletons to guard from escape?

And now somethings following me around....

Well, Lola's Melody seemed to allow me to talk to this strange voice!

And it's advice leads me to a secret door!

Well, another dead end, except there is a Dark Space Here! Let's see if Gaia can offer me any assistance!

Well, that' statues new...

I'm liking where this is going...

Something awesome is about to happen? Isn't it?

I FEEL THE POWER! HA HA HA! And everything dies pretty easy now and this happens.

Anyway, the mysterious voice is given a face!

Turns out she knows my aunt Lola, and Lola asked Lily hear to bust me out! But then she just goes home.

I guess I can go bust out Kara now.

But first lets steal their food!

I'd like to point out that Will does all his fighting with his flute, and yet he can fight everything in the game by himself, as that flute tears enemies up.

But the game gives you the ability to transform into Freedan anyway. He uses a sword, doing double Will's damage. It also increases his range. He can also take more hits. He also runs faster. He also gets special moves which add a ton of extra utility like AOE, projectiles, and greater damage.

Freedan is completely broken and overpowered, and you just don't care because he's completely awesome.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Whelp, I go back home to check on the family!

...You know, Perhaps I should not have been so dismissive of that hunter earlier. This does not bode well.

Okay, maybe this isnt' so bad. Useful Lilly has saved the day once again! And after telling her no, Kara insists on coming along to Itori village anyway. Go say goodbye to my friends!

I feel as though Seth isn't as observant as the rest.

And I'm just going to skip captioning this next bit, Kara is all 'I wanna go it will be fun and good' while Lily says 'You know, we are on the run from murderous people. This is going to be hard as hell, and you are stupid." To which Kara goes "WAAAAH!"

Onward to Itori Village!

...Yes, yes I am a little surprised by this. o_O

Well, you're advice has worked out so far!

You know, the fact I hear a voice calling me from my flute isn't really so hard to believe anymore.

Anyway, no jokey line for this next part, just a genuinely interesting bit of lore from talking to people.

And we learn of what happened to Bill and Lola!

....Yeah, I love the implications that she just has a poison pie pre prepared at all times. Anyway, Lily and Kara relax while I search the town!

Only to find a strange new light in The Dark Space!

Now I can break stuff as young will! Yes! Hop on over to the other side of town... only to hear voices from the grave yard.

And because I can't capture the flicker image with a screen shot, and it's not really poke at kind of dialogue, The Flower Spirit Elder that Lily mentions says that my mother was from this town, and created this barrier, and prophesied that I, her son, would one day come through here. He allows me to take an artifact of the Incans to help me find the mystic relic in the ruins.

Huzzah!

After getting the small statue he tells me...

Time to go grab lily and go find the moon tribe for the other statue! Though before leaving, Lola has some words of legend to offer!

And Kara seems to want to come...

Lily has none of it this time

[/URL]

Lily can get vicious. O_O

And now I'm off!

Okay, after so many disembodied voices, it stops getting creepy.

Okay, now it's getting a bit strange again.

And some highlights of the Moon Tribes explanation on this strange comet thing.

Basically, they are spirits made eternal by the light of the comet. Time to earn my second statue by killing trout!

I get a bit of story on the Incan ruins that is normally not told to outsiders...

...And then Kara shows up again.

Lily and Kara argue again..

Seriously, I was just about to have some alone time with, quite frankly, the most competent person I have met so far, and Kara here just has to stroll on up and cock block me.

Well fine, I guess I'll let Lily keep an eye on her as I brave the ruins alone.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

The Seth part made me laugh out loud xD

This seems like a good game, but I am having a hard time keeping track of everything. There's a lot going on

Quote Originally Posted by shion View Post
    The Seth part made me laugh out loud xD

This seems like a good game, but I am having a hard time keeping track of everything. There's a lot going on
    This is true. It moves pretty quickly, and it is deep enough that it can be very overwhelming. Especially early on. I find it easier to track things once we start actively travelling, but it can still be a lot to process.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Recap for ShionPrincess ran away from home, and because she was found at my house, they thought I had the ring she took. I didn't and got locked in a prison my Grandpa Bill originally built. The voice of my missing father spoke to me through the flute, and asked me to seek out the ancient relic. I escape from prison with the help of Lily, a girl from my mother and grand mothers village.

Me and Kara escape from the castle, only to find out my grandparents escaped back to Lily's village, Itori Village, and Lily showed us the way their. At the village, the Elder Flower Spirit says my mother created the barrier that
    shielded the town, and told me it was prophisized by her I would show up in search of the Mystic Statues. He helps me by giving me an Incan artifact, and directs me to the Moon tribe.

The Moon Tribe are people bathed in the comets light and their spirits live on for eternity it would seem. The comet apparently comes every 400 years, though for what reason is currently unknown. I enter the ruins in search of the mystic
    statue after receiving a second statue from the Moon Tribe.

Traversing the ruins doesn't really leave for much to comment on, so here are some shots of the area!

And by standing atop a stone head, I hear the melody the wind creates within the valley!

I give to you the Melody of the Wind!

Using the Melody and hints left behind in the gernals of dead explorers, I mange to reach the end!

Somethings about to come up...

....Oh god.

Plase let Freedan be as bad ass as he looks. ;_;

Huzzah!

This feels like a bad way to get down. o_O But I do find what so many others have come in search of!

And the ship is full of people who seem to think I"m the king. o_O

But hey, at least they show me to the Mystic Statue I'm searching for!

And apparently this boat is leaving for somewhere, and it's too late to get off. o_O

Well, guess I'll at least get some sleep! Perhaps this boat shall take me somewhere beneficial!

And it's dream time!

And then she asks me if I feel the Comet is a good or bad omen, and then I'm awoken! By Lily and Lance. O_o

We? So more of you are here? How did you even know I was on the boat?

Ah, flower elder spirit guy. Well okay, I'll buy that. Anyway, the ship looks slightly different then before.

Huh, she still wears the ring, (The queen mentioned it when I spoke to her on the ship while it was golden.)

...Okay, robbing a corpse. Kind of awkward. (Forgot to caption it, but Lily calls Kara out on how creepy that was. )

Regardless, the whole gang from the first town followed after me! Seth, Eric, Lance, this is a great start to an epic quest!

This went south WAY faster then I thought it would.

...Part of me is still upset Seth was the only guy who didn't notice I was acting strange, but the rest of me is all

And the ship is totalled, leaving me alone on a raft with Kara.

Some for real notes on the game.I really love seeing both the Incan ship in all it's glory, and then suddenly flashing to realize the actual boat is in tatters and ruins. That is some glorious imagery right there. It's also rather interesting that the spirits of the Incan's remained to cast the ship off.

And that demon guy I find to be one of, if not the, most challenging fight in this game.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Thanks for the recap! This is an interesting story

Welp, we are lost at see, and make use of that Yak leg we took from the castle! Though I get the feeling we will be out here for some time.

Well, let's try fishing for some food I guess!

Or we can just not eat. I mean it's not like Kara even can eat meat. It's not like we just ate Yak a short while ago or anything.

Welp, guess we do nothing until something happens!

Hey, a bottle with a note floats up!

Certainly not something that's going to come up again later, I'm sure.

Anyway, smurf Kara, I'm fishing for food.

If the game would let me say 'the fishes that cry the most taste the best', I so would.

Anyay, she comes around finally.

...And then this is a thing that happens after a couple more days pass.

As it turns out, if you are in a situation where there is only one other human you know for sure you will be seeing for the remainder of your life, your standards will drop pretty smurfing low!

Anyway, cut a few days ahead to something else that is SO NOT foreshadowing.

And finally trout going wrong.

Few notes on this bit
    You know, I still don't' like Kara, but as far as contrivances go for building a relationship in most games, at least this one is feasible. Kara being forced to drop some of her princessy ways due to the extreme conditions she's placed in, and two people being forced to spend so much of a life threatening situation together is a good way to start to form a bond.

And I awaken in the house of a man and his dog!

And learn the nearest city is Freeja!

And then we go there!

And OMG I FIND LILY AT THE INN!

And Lance has Amnesia! ;_;

...And Erik is gone.

Seriously, is Lily the only competent person in my circle of friends? I guess I'm off to find Eric now.

It's not long before you learn the town deals in 'labor'rs', aka. slave. Eric got sold into slavery, didn't he?

Anyway, some guys are looking for a run away laborer, and I sneak around a guy keeping me from where they sell them.

I shall talk to these slaves by using my master bluffing skills!

See if I can learn anything about Eric!

...Okay, this is just sad now. ;_;

Hey, the sam guy who wrote the letter is here! And he's a slave! Well, time to abandon him to save Eric!
    *Conviniently fails to mention I read his letter*

Well, sneaking around a different way, I come across an escaped laboror and a man hiding him!

And a slave trader looking for him!

...Sorry man, but I REALLY want to know what the Jewelers secret is. Sorry buddy, but the work I have
    to put into finding these jewels is just to much to pass up a free one for ratting you out.

LET'S TRY TO MAKE THIS HAPPY AGAIN i FOUND AND FREED ERIC!

As per Erics Request, I shall go try and free the slaves! Kind of stuck here until Lance recovers anyway.
    This will totally make up for me selling out that slave earlier so I won't feel bad anymore! Right?

Edit:

And the caves have been entered!

And seriously guys, what the smurf?

Guards, you know what they are right? Why does everyone employ monsters and smurfing demons to guard
    their trout?

Anyway, one of the Dark Spaces gives Freedan a new ability!

I can shoot things now!

And this being a short an easy dungeon, I save the three slaves I met in town, and various other
    Laborors along the way.

He teaches me a song of his people said to restore memories! Seems odd since Lance was told his memory
    would come back in time anyway, but whatever.

And this village intrigues me. Perhaps one day I shall visit it!

Anyway, off to play the song for lance!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJf-KGx7PnE

Anyway, the song causes all to reminice on events, and I forgot if it was mentioned earlier in the game,
    but lances father was on the same expidition to Babel as Will's dad was, and also hasn't come back!
    What a twist!

Unsure of how to even access the next ruins, Eric brings up there is a strange inventor named Niel, who
    has been looking into the Cygnas drawing on the desert ground!

...Okay, well this is convinient. Well, time to find my long lost cousin I guess!

I hate my family.

Oh god dammit.
    Last edited by NeoCracker; 05-21-2014 at 01:28 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like how your main guy and Kara(?) on the boat weren't even really getting along and he suddenly has feelings for her

Welp, time to explain the situation to Neil.

Short version, Niel mentions that many of the ruins Will speaks of all are build atop drawings
    of Cygnus! There many not be a ruin here, however there is a giant drawing of Cygnas in the sand!
    To the ground drawings!

And looking around some more, seeing if we can find a clue to the location of the next Mystic Statue,
    I find... A member of the Moon tribe?

He slips away, and we regroup. Lilly notes the rocks form the same pattern as the constolation, and
    we decide to check out the location of the newly emmerged Red Star in relation to the painting!

And I'm teleported up into the sky.

Well, Moon Tribes here, maybe the can be of assistance!

...Welp, guess I'm clearing out the Sky Garden now! Let's see here.

You know, finding bizarre monsters out to kill me bothers me a lot less when traversing ruins then when
    walking into places currently opperated by modern society. Not sure why that is.

Anyway, lets test taht one moon tribe guys advice and jump!

...You know, as I find myself plummeting downard, seeing the desert below me, I begin to question the
    authenticity of the moon tribe. There is also the slight smell of Fecal matter that has just surfaced.

Oh thank god it worked. Anyway, after traversing farther, time for a change of pants!

Okay, I just wanted to show off how awesome Freedan looks ledge climbing.

Anyway, I clear out the Rest of the Sky Gardens and approach the end!

Huh, much less intimidating then the last one.

..And great, now I'm plummeting to the ground.

Okay, game, you have me making a LOT of death defying jumps.

GODDAMMIT NEIL!

Oh thank god, now that i"m safe and awesome atop the airplane, lets get pro-active!

And my plane burns out.

I repeat, god dammit Neil.

At least I have two statues, and have yet to use any of my collected Herbs!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Moon Tribe looks... interesting

And I find myself in a strange building.

Time to see if anyone else is here! Though I do start hereing voices in my head again...

And all my friends are non-responding spirits! (The sprites flash, so their images dont' show up)

Except for Lilly!

She turns into that small flower she was at games beginning and flew into my pocket. (I have a pocket lilly! ) And, once again showing herself the most useful friend I have, is able to fly through the cracks in these coffins
    to open them from the inside for me!

She finds the purification stone, which we use to cleanse the creepy fountain!

Anyway, the caslte is now full of people...

This is actually kind of creepy.
    Rest of bits explaining what was going on here

So the Vampires have been using people, and forcing them to turn into monsters to find Mu and get their hands on the Mystic Statue. Alright then, time to kick that Vampires ass and find my still missing friends!

You know, normally I wouldn't have issues killing monsters, except this area comes with the strong implications everyone I'm fighting here were once people.

...But I don't really have a choice now, do I.

Fighting through the guilt, I find a magical statue (There are a lot of these in this game) that allows me to lower the water lever!

Huzzah! And a new Dark Space that gives me some new information!

And one more that teaches me to power slide!

And after a bit more exploring, I find the spirits of Mu, including their Leader Rama!
    Lets see what they have to say!

Short version, the light of the comet began turning the people of Mu into monsters. With no way to build a boat, many tried digging a tunnel beneath the ocean to escape. The remaining spirits are those who stayed behind.

Now with Mystic Statue in hand, I move ahead and confront the vampires!

Kill the dickheads who apparently used me to help them find the statue, and save Eric from the bomb they put on him! (Fight was timed. )

And why is it that the one who is a bigger help then ANY other member of my group (Really the only one of two who has done anything useful) the one who feels bad about not being of any use?

Anyway, my friends catch up and we leave through the tunnels of Mu that stretch out beneath the Ocean!
    The group discussion

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Psycho Slider is a good name