Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Neo Plays - Illusions of Gaia

Default Neo Plays - Illusions of Gaia

I am considering doing Chrono Cross next, as this game is will probably not take me to long
    too complete, and all things considered it should be pretty short updates considering the small
    amount of text the game actually has.

Some fun tidbits to know about this game before I start, so everyone knows a few of the games basics.

1) There are a limited number of healing items.
    2) Most things in this game are in fact miss able.
    3) Stats are raised by killing every monster in a room. Monsters re-spawn, bonus's are only reap-able once.
    4) Limited Inventory space. Drop an Item? Gone for good.

That said, Let's kick off Illusions of Gaia!

Ah, the beautiful town of Southcape where my Story begins.

Yes, Nostolgia's opening scene where your father is in the tower of Babel is likely referancing this game.

Alright, like, no one in this town is armed. How exactly is being with your parents going to help here? Well, I guess I'll just head up to the roof and...

OH DEAR GOD WHAT IS THIS HOLE IN SPACE DOING ON THE ROOFTOP OH GOD WHATS GOING ON!?

OH GOD I'M IN SPACE HOW AM I BREATHING WHAT IS THIS CREEPY THING!

OH GOD THE CREEPY FACE IS TALKING TO ME! THIS CANNOT BE...

Dark power you say? I'm starting to like the sound of this.

You're damn right you can't stop me! I'm the chosen one with the Dark Power! I do what I want!

(Just a small update to start, see if this gauges any interest. )

Edit: And movement to the Proper Sub forums would be nice.
    Last edited by NeoCracker; 05-19-2014 at 01:39 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm excited

I love Let's Play's

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The music in the dark space when you choose to rest there is one of the best songs in games ever.

What is it with people doing Let's Plays of sequels while ignoring the originals?

Go back and Let's Play Soul Blazer, Neo. Then you can do this one.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    What is it with people doing Let's Plays of sequels while ignoring the originals?
    wat

Quote Originally Posted by shion View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    wat
    Lufia II, Shining Force II, and now Illusion of Gaia. All sequels. I want to see the originals.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I enjoy them anyways. Sometimes its fun to do it that way and then go back and see the originals and be like "omg I GET THAT NOW" while obnoxiously poking your roommate who doesn't really care

I don't really mind either, except I really want a Let's Play of Soul Blazer, because I actually like it better than Illusion of Gaia, even if Illusion of Gaia is a critically praised cult classic. I'm sick of Soul Blazer being ignored, even though it's a great game. And I can't do one myself, because my upcoming schedule is full. There's a lot of Pokémon XD left (currently stuck getting boss fight video recorded/uploaded), and after that, I'm going to try to find someone to do a co-op Let's Play with me. I want them to run Shining Force while I run Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon. Highlight a fantastic game and a completely ruined remake all at once.

Still, Soul Blazer is awesome, and Illusion of Gaia gets all the love.

Replay to Skyblade, no real spoilers here.Eh, Soul Blazer is boring, and to be honest there's a pretty distinct lack of connectivity from game to game. Complaining about not doing a let's play of Soul Blazer first is like complaining about their being a lets play of FF 2 without first doing one of 1.

Also, not every one is going to plan to do multiple games, so you pick the one you'll have more fun with, alla Lufia 2 over 1. (And the odd note Lufia 2 is a prequal anyway, and if you do Lufia 1 first it starts with the end of Lufia 2, so that's all sorts of odd right there. )

Also, Gaia is my favorite of the three. (Even if Terranigma may technically be the best made, but that's another story entirely. )

I know I should be hanging out with my friends right now as planned, but I think for now I'll just be sittin' on the dock of the bay..

Like good old Ottis here. Either way, after wasting some time, on to the hang out!

And Erik, arriving just after me, has some big news!

Oh boy! i can't wait to hear what is so Urgent! Maybe I can get a chance to use my dark powers!

YES! This has adventure written all over it!

...Why doesn't any one else seem excited?

Lance, smurf you.

You can't even let suspense build on this, can you? Ah well, I guess we can just hang out.

Erik seems to have an Idea!

I don't know whats stranger, the fact I've always had these bizarre Psychic power...

Or the fact Erik is responding to himself here. o_O

Oh well, guess I'll show off my Dark/Psychic power!

Then I guess I'll steal... I mean collect all the Red Jewels I can from town and bring them to the Jeweler.

Though I guess I could first examine my jewels in what may be gamings most awesome inventory screen ever.

Ah well, time to turn them in for my first reward!

An Herb... please tell me they get more interesting down the line. Cause right now I'm not feeling it.

...Okay Jeweler, color me intrigued. Anyway, for now back home!

And not what I was expecting to find. Though I dont' know what bothers me more. My home being torn apart by a pig, or my narration shifting between first and third person. o_O (And I would have a caption of that, but I forgot to take the shot, and I don't really feel like holding off on mentioning the shift any more. :P)

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Aww cute piggy

I like the different colour text for the different people

I kind of which I used my Ottis reference at the end of my first update, rather then to start this one though. Probably would have ended the first bit better.

So, this Kara person is in my house? And she brought her pig? Alright, I'll bite. The smurf are you doing here?

Well aren't you just the worlds most pleasant human being?

...There's no way they didn't get the joke here. Could this be the first time in any kind of Media this reference was made?

WHY THE smurf ARE YOU IN MY HOUSE ASKING ME trout ABOUT MY PARENTS!? Why is the smurfing princess in my house with a pig being a bitch!?

smurfing finally.

Well at least I know she's not just unpleasant to me.

So she got in to my home by lying to the grandparents who she was. At least one question is.. kind of answered?

Ah, drawn here by fate. Now it all makes sense.

And No one seems all that heartbroken and distraught by these events.

No one at all.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

She's... interesting

Heads up, anytime I get a new Melody to play, I'll link to it so you guys can listen.

And now on to the next day!

So, what exciting thing is about to happen!

...You know, as much as I've been itching to unleash my dark powers, I can't help but feel dumb bitch Kara has gotten me into some really, really stupid trout.

...A ring? What ring? Oh god I font' have a ring. ;_;

Is this a good time to bring up the fact Uncle Bill here designed a nigh inescapable prison like maze beneath the capital to keep prisoners from escaping? Cause that's a thing that has been brought up.

At least Lola has a way to cheer me up!

Okay, this melody is actually pretty nice and relaxing. Perhaps things won't turn out so bad after all.

I guess I can go to the castle and ask Kara what's going on.

Though she doesn't asnwer my question, I do get some plot points!

Also something about her mom hiring a bounty hunter, nothing important I'm sure.

Regardless, she didn't answer my question, so I guess I go to the king now and be done with Kara's nonsense.

Well, I see being a bitch is kind of hereditary. Anyway, I tell him i don't have the ring.

...God Dammit.

Well, anyway, try to stay pro-active!

And I got nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    ...A ring? What ring? Oh god I font' have a ring. ;_;
    Misspelling, perhaps?

And I got nothing.
    Is it just me, or does Will look really psyched to fall asleep in prison?