Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: X-Men

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I have to agree with Del that the best part of DoFP is that it retconned X3 out of existence. I really wanted to like X3, because unlike WK I love the Phoenix storylines, but the writing was awful. It's a shame, because there were moments of that film that I actually liked.

It was good and entertaining, but not as good as X2, First Class, or even X1 in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by LWL
    One thing I wondered throughout the movie was when it actually took place. The future part of it. X3 spoilerHow was Xavier still alive?
    I didn't see anyone answer this, so: (SPOILER)IIRC, the post-credit scene of X3 involves seeing Moira MacTaggert talking to what is presumably Xavier covered in bandages.

I quite enjoyed the latest X-Man movie. Kind of feeling like watching all the others again now.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin talking about X3 View Post
    I didn't see anyone answer this, so: (SPOILER)IIRC, the post-credit scene of X3 involves seeing Moira MacTaggert talking to what is presumably Xavier covered in bandages.
    Ah, I must have missed that part or forgot about it, which is weird because I usually stick around for things like that.

Thanks for answering

Articles
    Blog Entries

I enjoyed it a lot and don't see the complaints about Magneto. The guy has always been willing to go through great lengths to ensure the survival of the mutant race.

I liked how they used time travel to retcon past mistakes and that they acknowledged things I was afraid they were just going to mull over. Quicksilver was AWESOME in this and I love the way they portrayed his powers. Like Shiny, I'm saddened this Quicksilver won't be in the Avengers 2 movie. Definitely looking forward to the next one in 2016.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i demand more Quicksilver!!

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

I watched the movie this Tuesday, and it was definitely a great and a thrilling movie. Too bad I was somewhat ill that day, which reduced some of the enjoyment. :/ I'd probably have to watch the movie again to make sure (SPOILER)the time travelling doesn't leave any major plot holes. For example, isn't it a time paradox that the bleak future was erased? Now Wolverine no longer needs to go to the past to save the future, so he never went there etc. Also, when Wolverine returned to his own body in the 2020's, did the character and memories of the "altered timeline Wolverine" get erased completely, as Wolverine had no idea what had happened after the future had changed? Finally, what happened to Stryker? Mystique was disguised as him, and Wolverine was given to her. The Alkali Lake events caused by Stryker had also been erased since Jean was alive in the end. Too bad Rogue was taken out of the movie (SPOILER)except for one brief cameo in the end. I heard there are several deleted scenes with her. Hopefully those scenes will be included in the DVD bonus materials. Oh, and (SPOILER)Quicksilver owned.

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    I have to agree with Del that the best part of DoFP is that it retconned X3 out of existence. I really wanted to like X3, because unlike WK I love the Phoenix storylines, but the writing was awful. It's a shame, because there were moments of that film that I actually liked.

It was good and entertaining, but not as good as X2, First Class, or even X1 in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by LWL
    One thing I wondered throughout the movie was when it actually took place. The future part of it. X3 spoilerHow was Xavier still alive?
    I also liked the retcon part. (SPOILER)Technically X2 was also taken out of existence since Jean was alive in the end.

As for (SPOILER)Xavier being alive in DoFP, it was somewhat explained in X3, but not accurately. When Phoenix erased Xavier's body, he moved his mind inside the body of a comatose patient. There's a post-credit scene in X3 where the comatose patient awakens, and Moira realizes that it's actually Xavier. However, there was no explanation given to how Xavier got his own body back.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Sephiroth,

(SPOILER)Logan is the only one who remembers the bleak future. Kittay Pryde even tells him that he'd be the only one who ever remembers the now non-existent future. I guess he retains the memory, even if the time ended up not existing any longer, because he still experienced it. It's just nobody else ended up doing so.
    Last edited by Colonel Angus; 06-01-2014 at 06:39 PM. Reason: you're avatar threw me off

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Going to watch X-2 now.

If you could create sort of an all-star team of X-Men, which X-Men (excluding Xavier, who for me is automatic in any X-Men group) would you choose? They could be from any "X" group (including New Mutants) & any era. Mine are-

1. Wolverine (80s brown/gold costume)
    2. Storm (80s mohawk- team captain)
    3. Nightcrawler
    4. Jubilee
    5. Gambit
    6. Rogue
    7. Jean Grey (Marvel Girl)
    8. Psylocke

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    Going to watch X-2 now.

If you could create sort of an all-star team of X-Men, which X-Men (excluding Xavier, who for me is automatic in any X-Men group) would you choose? They could be from any "X" group (including New Mutants) & any era. Mine are-
    I've thought about this a lot since watching the new movie. Too hard to pick, but if I had to, I wouldn't mind seeing:

Cyclops (Team Leader)
    Iceman
    Pixie
    Gambit
    Armor
    Colossus
    Shadowcat

Gambits probably my favourite. The others are just characters I'm liking at the moment. This list could probably change weekly, to be honest.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    Going to watch X-2 now.

For a mission? I'd pick these op ducks

1. Jean Grey
    2. Wolverine
    3. Iceman
    4. Storm
    5. Blink
    6. Juggernaut
    7. Polaris
    8. Rogue

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I will forever be partial to the Jim Lee era of X-Men, easily the most iconic line up.

x-men-1.jpg

Jim-Lee-X-Men-11.jpg

Classic-Jim-Lee.jpg

Articles
    Blog Entries

Wolf Kanno knows what's up.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Those are the X-Men I grew up w/.

Perducci & D. Moon came up w/ some great teams, too.

Just don't read Chris Claremont's X-Men Forever. It goes back and continues on from the run he had with Jim Lee on the 'classic' X-Men books and it is probably one of the most disappointing series I've ever read.

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Del: Psylocke wasn't there.

I thought the movie was okay, although I liked X3 so feel free to disregard. Watching these always makes me so wistful. Am I the only one who wants to know where was Wanda? And what happened to Emma?

I am looking forward to (SPOILER)Apocalypse, and hopefully more Bishop, and the inclusion of Cable, Domino, Rachael Summers, etc. etc.

My top ten wishlist would be pretty much Colonel Angus' lineup.