Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: X-Men

I use to be a fan of this series back when I was playing the old X-Men games on the Sega Genesis. Since the movies have come out I've only seen X-Men: Origins. I need to round up most of the movies in the franchise and kinda watch them in order to get a feel of it and the characters and get back into the story.
    I'm a water dude, jet skis, water pools
    Surfin' the (waaaave), I'm hurtin' the (waaaave)...
    "Oh Yes" ~ Juelz Santana

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Grin

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X View Post
    What do you think they'll call the next Wolverine movie?
    "That Wolverine"

Quote Originally Posted by Calliope View Post
    (SPOILER)So, it just occurred to me that in the "future" scenario, we have Blink, Bishop, Warpath, Storm, Colossus and Sunspot outside fighting Sentinels, and inside the little shelter thing we have Shadowcat, Magneto, Professor X, Iceman and Wolverine. Everyone's a mutant, but even so we have all the ethnic minority mutants dying to protect the white mutants. All of them.
    If it helps, Magneto and Shadowcat are both Jewish characters. Still white, but also still a minority. I think Iceman was only stuck inside because he's Shadowcats boyfriend in the movies. Xavier and Wolverine can't really go anywhere since Wolverine is back in time and Xavier is wheelchair bound and telepathic abilities probably don't work on Sentinels.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    Spiderman was almost a black guy.

I wanted this so much.

What do you think they'll call the next Wolverine movie?
    Wolverin3. And the poster will simply be a picture of his claws. But in all honesty they should just go all out and give us an Old Man Logan movie.

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Dancing Chocobo

(SPOILER)Huh, in my head it's still Shadowcat x Colossus and Iceman x Rogue.

(SPOILER)In my head, I stick with Shadowcat x Colossus, but the movies messed up all the romances.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

(SPOILER)Except Jean & Logan/Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    (SPOILER)Except Jean & Logan/Scott.
    Yeah, but that one goes without saying. Mostly I am just mad that there was a distinct lack of Shadowcat x Colossus.

Quote Originally Posted by Perducci View Post
    I think Iceman was only stuck inside because he's Shadowcat's boyfriend in the movies.
    Which movies were those?

(SPOILER)I think aspects of the story we're left to guess at are that Rogue died somewhere along the way and Bobby's "fling" with Kitty (in X-Men The Last Stand where they ice skate together) ends up being the only relational development they need as an excuse to ship them.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Perducci View Post
    I think Iceman was only stuck inside because he's Shadowcat's boyfriend in the movies.
    Which movies were those?

(SPOILER)I think aspects of the story we're left to guess at are that Rogue died somewhere along the way and Bobby's "fling" with Kitty (in X-Men The Last Stand where they ice skate together) ends up being the only relational development they need as an excuse to ship them.
    (SPOILER)It was hinted towards in X-Men: The Last Stand and pretty blatantly obvious in Days of Future Past considering they were holding hands when they met with Xavier. Also, Rogue's still alive in DoFP though all of her scenes (Aside from the little cameo at the end) were cut.

Articles
    Blog Entries

They were good enough for the trailer, but not the movie. Interesting how that works out.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

(SPOILER)Oh I thought Rogue died in the future and that's how the sentinels were able to use mutant powers because they had her dna while they were able to shift and adapt because of Mystique.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    (SPOILER)Oh I thought Rogue died in the future and that's how the sentinels were able to use mutant powers because they had her dna while they were able to shift and adapt because of Mystique.
    (SPOILER)Actually, it was a supposed to be from Mystique. I think Mystique is able to "mime" another mutants powers when she is in the form of that mutant. (SPOILER)In the Days of Future Past episodes of the cartoon she was able to use Gambit's powers as him.

They can't decide what Mystique can do with her powers.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    (SPOILER)Actually, it was a supposed to be from Mystique. I think Mystique is able to "mime" another mutants powers when she is in the form of that mutant. (SPOILER)In the Days of Future Past episodes of the cartoon she was able to use Gambit's powers as him.
    Mystique's powers, even in the movies, are pretty unique and extraordinary. She can change the size and structure structure of virtually every part of her body, from bones to muscle, teeth to skin, even mimicking fingerprints, retina and voices perfectly. She also has conscious control over this ability. The sheer extent and variety of changes offered by her mutation go beyond what most other mutants can do: while others may have remarkable powers of mind or body, they're generally in a fixed state.

On top of that, Mystique's also virtually ageless, has superhuman strength, resilience and agility, and she's phenomenally intelligent. She's effectively a paragon of the potential offered by the mutant-x gene - if you were going to pick one mutant to study and weaponise, it'd be her.

(SPOILER)As we saw from the future Sentinels, the ability to change size, shape, texture and physical properties at will was an enormous, almost unbeatable advantage through sheer adaptability. Nothing to do with Mystique actually being able to mimic other mutants' powers or abilities.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I agree with Big D.

I also want Mystique's abilities. I would celebrity prank call so many people.