Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Sequel that Never Was

Articles

Default The Sequel that Never Was

Do you ever wish old games had a sequel or a new iteration for current generation console? As a Nintendo fan I don't have that problem!

Jokes about Nintendo aside, what is a series or an old game that you would like to see in this generation?

I personally would like to see a New FF Tactics game.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Kid Icarus always stands out for me when this subject comes up.

The World needs a sequel to Starfox64. Well, @ least I do.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shauna View Post
    Do you ever wish old games had a sequel or a new iteration for current generation console? As a Nintendo fan I don't have that problem!
    Super Mario RPG would like a word with you (Paper Mario/Mario & Luigi don't count. They just aren't the same!)

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

New Suikoden and new Dark Cloud. These are things I would personally fund if I was rich

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I have to second the votes for a FFT sequel and a new Suikoden.

Also in for a new Suikoden and FFT.

Would have also loved Breath of Fire 6 to be an actual entry in the series rather than some mobile social game or whatever it is they're doing with it.

Articles

I hear about that. After Dragonquarter (Was that BF5?) I heard that was awful.

Have been awaiting Megaman Legends 3 for centuries now. Every once in a while there will be a rumor and then it just dies pathetically. Actually not even sure how it would/could work on current-gen consoles but if they managed to pull it off I think my anus would prolapse instantaneously.

Quote Originally Posted by I Took the Red Pill View Post
    Have been awaiting Megaman Legends 3 for centuries now. Every once in a while there will be a rumor and then it just dies pathetically. Actually not even sure how it would/could work on current-gen consoles but if they managed to pull it off I think my anus would prolapse instantaneously.
    This. More than anything.

Also a third Chrono game, for crap's sake Square, do you hate money?!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's different, but it is surprisingly fun, it just changed a lot of things that made the hardcore fans very displeased. I honestly feel it is one of the better entries.

I would love a direct sequel to the main Suikoden series. Konami is still making the series but they are outsourcing it and most of the original team have been moved to different departments so we haven't had one set in the same world since Suikoden V but there have been two entries since then that are unrelated beyond the collect 108 people mechanic.

I would love to see a prequel to Xenogears that deals with Lacan's life. It would be epic.

I also would love a proper sequel to Robotech: Battlecry because it was a great game that just needed some tweaking to the controls and gameplay to make it into one of the best Macross/Robotech games on the market.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

The Legend of Dragoon

I will accept a prequel about the Dragon Campaign. Let's make it happen.

It's not that it's awful, it's just that (to me, at least), it doesn't really feel like a typical BoF game. Had they just called it 'Dragon Quater' with no connection to BoF I probably would've enjoyed it more. I didn't really get to far on it, though so maybe I should sit down and give it a proper playthrough.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Where is my god damn smurfing Bully 2 already

Suikoden deserves to have as many iterations as Final Fantasy has.

A new Wizardry game (actual Wizardry, not the "MMO" or the console disaster they released several years ago) would be nice. Same with a Destiny of an Emperor. Legend of Dragoon is another worthy one.

Can we have a real Resident Evil again? :3

There's a Sega Saturn game, that I played so much it fried my system. I can't think of any other game that I put so many 10 - 12 hour sessions into. Dragon Force. It had a sequel in Japan on PS2. But that was it. Still one of my absolute favorite strategy RPGs ever. And even though I don't really trust Sega to make competent sequels half the time, I would love to have another one. Hopefully they'll finish translating/patching Dragon Force 2. And I'll find a way to make my computer happy to emulate it

And it goes without saying that I'll always and forever yearn for another REAL Shining Force game, or something kindred to its styles. Camelot could easily do this. They have the capability to make a Shining Force'esque game, and just call it something else ala Demon Souls / Dark Souls. But no. Sadface