Thread: Jecht and Spira

Default Jecht and Spira

I've played through FFX at least 5 times and not once have I heard in the game how Jecht ended up in Spira. I heard from other people that dream Zanarkand is an actual location in Spira and that it is protected by something so that no one can get in except Sin and that Jecht just traveled out to sea to far one day and bumped into Sin and thats how he got through. Can anyone stand behind this or know anything? Maybe I'm missing something in the story..

The Old Skool Warrior LocoColt04's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Crysanthe Mariveaux (Ultros)

Yeah, they go into a lot of depth explaining how Tidus ended up there, with the ties to Sin and all of that mess, but never once do they address how Jecht ended up there.

Words about Sin's origins! Unless EVERY single incarnation of Sin was a previous person from "dream" Zanarkand, I cannot fathom how people would continue getting yanked out of that reality. And even then, how would Yu Yevon have arrived in the first place?

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Answer: That's not how it is. Yu yevon wasn't from dream zanarkand, he was from the real zanarkand, the zanarkand that was destroyed a thousand years ago. As far as we know, only Jecht and Tidus have every exited aeon-zanarkand, and tidus only got there with the help of his father.

I guess Jecht just got lucky. Who knows how many people try to get explore the oceans around aeon-zanarkand without making it. Perhaps sooner or later one of the inhabitants were bound to get lucky and hitched a ride with an earlier sin. Jecht just happened to be that person.

Aeon Zanarkand wouldn't necessarily have to be protected by anything. We've all seen the tech level of Spira. It's not really a lot to write home about. Being far out into the ocean, people might just not have had the means to travel there, and not the guts either, considering they knew Sin could crush them to bits anytime. Spira has an extremely large amount of water compared to land, so it'd also be like looking for a needle in a haystack. It wasn't until after aeon zanarkand was destroyed by sin that the al bhed gained access to an airship either

-edit-
    Yes, I refer to dream zanarkand as aeon zanarkand because it is a better description of what it actually is. A gigantic aeon (or a myriad of smaller aeons) summoned forth by Yu Yevon, having physical properties within the world of Spira. It is not a dream like the dreams humans have at night.
    Last edited by Mirage; 05-25-2014 at 03:41 AM.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

He was brought to Spira the same way as Tidus. Sin came & nabbed him while he was on the beach.

I kind of have a theory about X. I don't think Tidus was the dream, but Spira was the dream. Jecht abandoned Tidus @ a young age, & Tidus feeling loss, had this weird dream where his father went off to be a hero & turned into a monster.

As was said in the game, his mother did die of a broken heart & Tidus did become a Blitzball star, but the attack on Zanarkand & the whole adventure was all fabricated.

His cohorts in the adventure all represent something Tidus needed to cope w/ his father's absence. Auron was the father figure, Lulu mirrored his mother (as she had to cope w/ losing the love of her life), Wakka represented the stages of grief denial & bargaining (he denied the loss he felt & in a way tried to replace Chappu w/ Tidus). Kimahri represent the feeling of inadequacy. Rikku, like Tidus, was w/o a father figure. Finally Yuna represented the struggle of overcoming her lot in life.

Lulu & Wakka eventually came to accept the loss of Chappu. Tidus would accept the loss of his parents.
    Kimahri gained honor & his self respect by defeating his bullies. Tidus would do the same after defeating his father.
    Rikku accepted her father for who he was. Tidus would do, but only because the dream made his father to be something of a martyr.
    Yuna not only accomplished her mission of retrieving all the Aeons, she was able to defeat Yunalesca & Sin w/o having to repeat the same vicious circle & survived. Tidus whole journey wasn't to defeat Sin, but to come to terms w/ his father leaving, his mother dying & to learn to cope w/ it.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

So it's about as likely as the squall=dead theory. Got it

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    He was brought to Spira the same way as Tidus. Sin came & nabbed him while he was on the beach.
    I though the reason that Tidus was nabbed by Sin was because of their connection. If Jecht was brought to Zanarkand in the same way he would need to have some connection with the previous Sin. That and Sin Trashed Zanarkand when he showed up to get Tidus. Wouldn't the same thing have happened 10 years prior?

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Maybe because Jecht was closer to the water Sin didn't have to come inland & destroy Zanarkand?

It's very possible that Jecht, drunk out of his mind, floated out into the sea & just happened to end up in Spira. Maybe there was an inter-dimensional rift he crossed?

But if my theory on it being Tidus' dream is true, then it all doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    Maybe because Jecht was closer to the water Sin didn't have to come inland & destroy Zanarkand?

It's very possible that Jecht, drunk out of his mind, floated out into the sea & just happened to end up in Spira. Maybe there was an inter-dimensional rift he crossed?

But if my theory on it being Tidus' dream is true, then it all doesn't matter.
    The whole joke about story is that Tidus was right with his very first guess all along. He came in contact with [Sin] and [Sin] brought him to Spira. Rikku's nonsensical story (not that she knew Tidus was right) just confused him and made him believe he travelled through time after she just said "you're crazy because of [Sin]'s toxin, Zanarkand has been destroyed long ago".

Zanarkand is one big dream far out on the sea with dreamed people that are very well living, individual beings. You could say, A.I.s, bound to the dream, still as real as possible. They have a body and a soul/consciousness.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Yes, they are as real as the aeons Yuna summon are. That's why I'm calling it aeon-zanarkand . I guess it's a bit of a misnormer to call them AIs though. I got the impression that they all have a soul based on one of the dead zanarkandians of a thousand years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Yes, they are as real as the aeons Yuna summon are. That's why I'm calling it aeon-zanarkand . I guess it's a bit of a misnormer to call them AIs though. I got the impression that they all have a soul based on one of the dead zanarkandians of a thousand years ago.
    I say AI because they very well are individuals, being able to think, with their own consciousness and soul but not born by nature. So an "Artificial Intelligence". This is more a semantical thing between you and me here. They very well can be made with the blueprint of 1000 year old Zanarkand people, still they are there own living beings with a real consciousness, a real soul. A clone is also made with a blueprint and though probably 100% identical by looks and memory, meaning he even thinks he is the person, never the original person as he does not have the consciousness but a new one (which is the reason why cloning will never bring you back except you magically can transfer your own consciousness/soul). And that (the Zanarkanders, not the clones), as being artificially made is pretty much an A.I. Of course there are many definitions for A.I., consciousness, soul and such philosophical things but in the core when it comes to what it really important, I guess you can understand what I mean. They are people like we are but have had a beginning as a dream and are bound to that dream (not that people there cannot conceive a child but they would still be bound to the dream) and so there really does exist "something inside of their body that is the person", in short what we understand as consciousness or soul - depending on how much meaning you define the term with.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 05-25-2014 at 05:37 PM.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

I suppose you are right. I was taking AI to mean an engineered intelligence to be used in a machine, but just simply having it mean man-made, I guess AI is a term which summoned creatures could fall within. However, we don't really know a lot about how summoning in FFX actually works. We can see that fiends and aeons are made up of a myriad of pyreflies. Are humans also made up of multiple pyreflies, or do they all consist of one single pyrefly (aka soul?).

We also know that pyreflies lump together and create fiends, which seems to be a natural process in the world of spira. These fiends seem to have a form of intelligence, however simplistic it is compared to humans. Their intelligence would therefore not count as artificial. Likewise, summoners call forth aeons, which are essentially also just a bunch of pyreflies, like fiends, but arranged in a different structure, and with what seems like a higher level of intelligence. However, the summoner does not choose the form or intelligence of the aeons they summon. They seem to summon forth pre-defined sets of pyreflies, with a personality that is not possible for the summoner to alter. I don't know if we know how the intelligence of these summoned aeons come into being, so I'm not entirely sure if they are artificial or not.

People become fayth by their own choice, it seems. If their consciousness is transferred to the aeon exactly as they were as humans, isn't that a natural intelligence, rather than one that is artificially made?

Also this is an interesting intellectual exploration of how spira works!

When it comes to the origins such as natural energy, then you are right with "natural", of course. I am really only referring to "some other being made those living beings and bound their existence to a certain place that was also alakazam! made by him", instead of just letting them naturally evolve (though, as said, there actually might still be people in Zanarkand, such as Tidus, who, while bound by existence to the dream, were really conceived but that, of course was never stated).

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Leonhart View Post
    I know in the beginning of the game Auron holds you up to Sin and you disappear in a flash of light, but I always wondered if there were other ways to get between worlds. I'd like to think when Auron comes back to Zanarkand it's because he rides on the top of Sin like a surfboard.
    There is no "between worlds" because it is on one and the same planet and the same dimension. Tidus just entered [Sin] and the dimension inside and then [Sin] dropped him soon after. Zanarkand itself was in the same dimension normal Spira is.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 05-26-2014 at 05:48 PM.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I know in the beginning of the game Auron holds you up to Sin and you disappear in a flash of light, but I always wondered if there were other ways to get between worlds. I'd like to think when Auron comes back to Zanarkand it's because he rides on the top of Sin like a surfboard.

(SPOILER)I know he's dead but it's still fun to imagine

I'll agree with the idea that Jecht was drunk and near a large body of water. He's gotta find some place to practice the Sublimely Magnificent Jecht Shot Mark III.

edit: p.s. how is Sin a UFO?

Last edited by Lone Wolf Leonhart; 05-26-2014 at 06:27 PM.