Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is the longest shift you've ever worked?

Probably about 12 hours. If we're including the commute, probably about 15 hours.

Currently working about 9 hours a day, five days a week and it's not too bad.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Fifteen or sixteen hours and then came back the next day and did it again. Because I used to be a stupidhead.

Signature by rubah. I think.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

About 10 inches.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yams, it was shift, not shaft.

I've never worked a 'shift' longer than about 10 hours but I stopped having jobs with shifts many years ago. I've done a couple 12 hour days in my current job.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

But this looks like something a lady would work.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

1-7.

10:30 AM until 11:30 PM. Die in a fire and walk to the market; there's nothing on Bainbridge.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Alayna Mae (Sargatanas)

The longest shifts we're supposed to be given at the supermarket where I work is 9 hours, but I have been given 10 hour shifts before and then had to go in the next day and whatever. Not too bad, especially with a break or two, but still super exhausting since my job means being on my feet for 99% of that time.

My future is fuelled by the fires of words, wit and companionship.

Articles

9am to 8pm. 11 hours

There was a period I was working shifts day after day for 16 days. Jumping between different jobs/locations. Working in food retail was dull.

6PM-9AM so about 15 hours. I was working the awards season and got tasked supporting the Oscars...needless to say things broke and working overnight didn't help me think straight. Managed to get everything out though!
    Making a slow come back since 2008

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Many, many moons ago when I worked for Macdonalds I worked for 24 hours within the space of 32.

I worked the dreaded 4pm -Close (ended up leaving at 4am) then I was back in work for a 12pm-12am the next day. Also, it was 2-4-1 Big Macs at the time.

It wasn't pleasant.

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Grin

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I worked a 13 hour shift, followed by a 10 hour shift the next day. St. Patty's day was not fun last year.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm not sure if the film set or music video set was the longest but I know they were both 16+ hours. I also worked a 12 hour shift for 6 months for an MTV show but they paid for my dinner and a car home whenever I had to stay 10+ hours. I'm not counting the time I double shifted at MTV and then at HGTV. That was a 20 hour day for two weeks, but to be expected when you are doubling. Definitely not doing that again.

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

10am - 1am with no break the whole day (I ate pizza on shift) while I was working as a manager at Pizza Hut, on new years day because the other manager was "sick" and no one from any other stores could help me out, in the end I had the Area Manager come down and help me from 7pm till 12, but New Years is THE most busiest day of the year so come 7PM we were in a pretty bad situation, we had nearly sold out of pizza by 9pm so I had to do emergency defrost. We had record breaking sales that day of £2400 for a single day and a labour cost of 18% (normally double that) and my under 30's (time promise of 30 minutes from hanging up to pizza on the doorstep) was surprisingly high at 74%. I believe it was that particular shift that made my AM consider me for being an Expert Trainer (a manager that trains other managers) so I was pleased to get some recognition out of the worst shift I have ever done.

The manager who was "sick" got the sack a month later for having to many days off.

EoFF's Laundry Goddess ~*~Celes~*~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

when i first started working my job, they had me work 3:30pm - 12 am in the deli, then the next day 4 am- 12:30 pm in the bakery. I did not sleep between shifts because I knew if I did I wouldn't wake up in time, so I fell asleep standing up. By law we are supposed to be allowed 8 hours between shifts, but since I was so new to the job and I was so excited to be training in the deli that night, I didn't complain.