Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DAREDEVIL

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Pink Grin DAREDEVIL

How much of an adrenaline junkie are you? What's the craziest thing you've done?

Would you go sky diving? Go bungee jumping? Cliff jumping? Rock climbing? Have you?

Do you love roller coasters and the like?

I am a wimp. Even roller coasters scare me! If anybody ever asks me to go to a theme park, I'll always make an excuse.

I have done indoor skydiving, though! That was really fun, but I think I could only enjoy it because it was in a safe contained environment. There's no smurfing way I'd ever jump out of an actual plane.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I am perfectly fine without the adrenaline of things thanks. ._.

Roller coasters are great. I'm way too much of a wimp to do a sky dive or a bungee jump, but last summer I had a go on this:

Skip forward to 1:20 if you want to get past all the build-up.
    It was pretty awesome, I recommend it to anyone who gets the chance - I'm pretty terrified of heights but managed to get through it ok.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

A zipline! I'd do a zipline. Oh christ I would never go cliff jumping or rock jumping or bungee jumping. I can handle rollercoasters as long as they are not colossal monstrosities that go upside down. I am not an adrenaline junkie.

I do love rides that pick you up and flip you around like crazy, though. The Samurai at the Lagoon theme park in Utah is nuts and I smurfing love it. I get crazy motion sick, so with roller coasters it's more of a caution of "how long will I be incapacitated afterward" as opposed to the fear of heights, though the fear is still there. For some reason, The Samurai doesn't leave me too sick afterward.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I was hoping this'd been about Marvel's Daredevil.

I'm not much for roller coasters or open heights. Even standing on a chair to change the battery in the smoke detector sometimes makes me woozy.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

ive done canyoning (i dont know if its called the same in english, but at this you have to follow a river and jump from rocks into the water or slide down etc)

there i jumped i'd say 6-7 meters down into the water (in my mind it was atleast 10)
    when i was younger i would avoid such things, but at a certain moment a switch fliped over in my mind and now i want to take on these kind of challenges becaus i want to push the limits, and i know i will regret it if i dont!
    i really want to do it again!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Straight up coward and unashamed to admit it! I enjoy roller coasters whenever people have dragged me onto them, but the worst bit for me is those hour+ waits. The design of the waiting areas is usually done to enhance your anticipation and I'm left totally on edge about what's to come. If I could just waltz in I'd be a lot happier with going on them, but normally I stay far away!

That being said, I absolutely love being on a plane that's being bounced around pretty badly by turbulence. I think it's great fun.

I've done a few daredevil-ish things, but no skydiving or bungee jumping yet, although I absolutely would love to do them.
    I'm certainly no adrenaline junkie, but if I have the opportunity to do any sort of "extreme" ride or event, I'll certainly do it at least once.

Quote Originally Posted by Perducci View Post
    Roller coasters are great. I'm way too much of a wimp to do a sky dive or a bungee jump, but last summer I had a go on this:

It was pretty awesome, I recommend it to anyone who gets the chance - I'm pretty terrified of heights but managed to get through it ok.
    That looks pretty damn fun, I might have to go there this summer. Thanks.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like going fast!

I have a bucket list of things I want to do, it does include bungee jumping, skydiving and snowboarding. Going fast is great, when you're not gonna hurt anyone else.
    Making a slow come back since 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Crop View Post
    I've done a few daredevil-ish things, but no skydiving or bungee jumping yet, although I absolutely would love to do them.
    I'm certainly no adrenaline junkie, but if I have the opportunity to do any sort of "extreme" ride or event, I'll certainly do it at least once.

Quote Originally Posted by Perducci View Post

That looks pretty damn fun, I might have to go there this summer. Thanks.
    It was great. Only lasted about a minute but it was well worth it.

Also, this September I have stupidly agreed to take part in a Tough Mudder race. Probably not as daredevil as jumping out of a plane, but from the videos I've watched it looks fairly brutal and possibly deadly. I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens on that one...

I basically think I want to do everything I possibly can, but as of yet, have only really went on rollercoasters and turbulent planes. Yes turbulent planes are great. The first time I ever flew I was 20 and on my own, had no idea how I'd take it, I loved it, and when the turbulence started going on I just wanted more. SHAKE IT

EoFF's Laundry Goddess ~*~Celes~*~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Roller coasters are about the best I will ever willingly do.

Blog Entries

I love roller coasters. The crazier, the better. I don't scream, I laugh my head off the entire time.

I wanna do a zip line and try bungee jumping. I will never do sky diving. HELL NO. Nor do I have any desire to go up in a hot air balloon.

I also love cliff jumping. We used to do it all the time when I was younger- me n my big brother.

oooo and I wanna go whitewater rafting. And snowboarding and surfing and and and and!

Blog Entries

Sometimes when Im feeling really down I'll be open to doing something stupid and crazy like driving way over the speed limit (only on empty motorways) or having unprotected sex but it takes a lot to get me to that idgaf zone

When Im in a good/average mood Im more of a wimp but I'll still go on a rollercoaster or rock climb with a harness or whatever as long as its safe
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!