Thread: RWBY - Volume 2 (weeks away?)

Default RWBY - Volume 2 (weeks away?)

Picking up from where we left off in this thread.

Rooster Teeth · RWBY Season 1 Volume 2 Opener

I posted this in chat but it didn't spark much conversation. Perhaps that's because the clip is nearly a week old, but other sites are excited about it, I don't see why people here shouldn't be. For those wondering what they're looking at in this video, there's a rundown listed here: RWBY Wiki - V2_Opening

The full version of the opening theme can be found on this page: Time to Say Goodbye

There had been a number of intermittent updates about Volume 2. A contest was held to decide Velvet's combat attire (what she would wear when not in school uniform), a development video was released which revealed the contest winner, and finally a picture of her and three silhouettes (her team)... all of this despite that Velvet was originally intended as a one-off character similarly to the kid in Peter Port's class who shouted excitedly (though some speculate that he is now a member of Vel's team).

So, yeah, there's the update. Has this sparked the interest I feel this series deserves? I am really looking forward to it.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Blog Entries

omgomgomg...I love RWBY! The weapons and fight scenes are so ridiculous

June 2014
    Velvet's team is comprised thus:
    Coco is a fashionably dressed girl with sunglasses and a carry (she is a likely reference to Coco Chanel). Her bag strap is comprised of bullets leading to speculation that the bag is a gun.
    Fox is a tanned carrot-top with seemingly glowing eyes wearing an orange shirt; wields a pair of bladed gauntlets. He reminds me of the Cheshire Cat.
    Yatsuhashi is a tall swordsman wearing a green robe. He reminds some people of Momotaro. I think of the Jolly Green Giant. He is an allusion to the blind musician Yatsuhashi Kengyo.

July 2014
    Sun Wukong's team is comprised of a trio of punks:
    Scarlet is a caped creep with burgundy hair; many fans debate hilariously over whether he is really a guy or a girl. Scarlet is assumed to be either Scarlet/Red Boy or the Scorpion Demon from Journey to the West. Another assumption based on the thought Team Sun is a team of kings is that Scarlet (due to his tattoo and a belt buckle that resembles a scorpion stinger) is based on the Scorpion King and his last name may be Antares.
    Sage is a green-haired guy in a trench coat; another hilarious assumption some have made is that Sage's right arm is larger than his left arm. He is thought to be based on Monk Xuanzang.
    Neptune Vasilias is a blue-haired guy in a burgundy shirt with a huge gun slung over his shoulder. He has what appears to be a cross-hairs symbol on his back. His personal symbol is a trident (it can also be found on his shoetongues). Vasilias means "king, etc." He is either based on JttW's Sha Wujing or Prince Yulong or he is simply Neptune, King of the Amphitrites.
    During the opening for Volume 2, a clue appears regarding the prevalence of Sun's Team throughout the course of Volume 2. Pretty much all of the Hunters/Huntresses introduced in the opening appear during the fall... except for two members of Sun's team. Only Sun and Neptune appear during the fall and then again during the landing. It lends credence to the idea that Sun's team will be similar to CRDL in Volume 1 with only Sun and Neptune having speaking roles.

Roman's cane is called Melodic Cudgel referencing A Clockwork Orange again through the use of synonyms for a composer's wand (Ludwig van, anybody?). Cinder's mysterious partners have been revealed Emerald Sustrai and Mercury Black and their weapons are respectively a pair of "Falcons" (my personal portmanteau of falchion and gun) for Emerald and a pair of gungreaves for Mercury. Mercury's weapon makes sense for his name and his symbol (a feathered boot) makes it hard to argue against the idea that he is based on the messenger god of the Roman pantheon. Emerald's symbol, seen on her back, seems to be a black emerald with round innards. Her name seems to be a reference to Aladdin ("diamond in the rough") supported by the fact that she is a "master thief" (as stated by Mercury) who likes tall buildings and crowded places (easier to escape authorities) and by Roman's insult in which he referred to her as a "street rat".

Some have said that I'm reading too much into the opening sequence as Penny also appears during the fall along with the fourth member of CRDL (Sky) and yet do not appear during the landing. Penny, Neptune, and Sun have all appeared as of the third episode. Velvet's team will probably be treated similarly to JNPR, taking a backseat for the first half but being given central focus toward the end. That's just my two bits though.

I racked my brain trying to sort Cinder's crew into a Disney theme. We already knew that Cinder was Cinderella and Roman was Lampwick (from Pinocchio), but now with Emerald being an apparent genderbend of Aladdin, that just left Mercury Black unsolved. But the only Disney version of Mercury I can possibly find is Hermes (and a make for one of the characters from Cars). Unfortunately, for all of my CREM/CRME/CRMS (cream/chrome/crimson) theories, Monty has confirmed that the group is not really a team, Roman is just hired muscle, and Mercury/Emerald are from a separate team(s).

I've also gone back to trying to figure out CRDL and so far all I've got is that Russel Thrush must be an allusion to Robin Hood. Both wear green, both have the bird motif (the thrush is even part of the robin family) and Russel was originally going to be named Russel(l) Crow(e), as in the actor who portrayed the famous outlaw in 2010. Of course Russel Thrush wields a pair of daggers (as I predicted he would) which may be an allusion to Will Scarlet who became synonymous with dual-wielding swords.

August 2014
    Penny from "Black and White" is associated with a militaristic group.
    General James Ironwood (the allusion to the Tin Man that adds to the group started by Ozpin, Glynda, and Qrow) is the headmaster of an academy at Atlas in Mantel and a high-ranking figure in the Atlesian Military. He unveils a troop of upgraded robots. Given the name, "Atlesian Knight", they are obviously responsible for the AK-130 Androids aboard the SDC train in the "Black" Trailer.
    Atlas soldiers seem to wear uniforms of gunmetal and blue (or red).
    The Volume 2 Opening animation shows Penny's group to appear just as the lyric states "Our enemies are gathering..." It's possible they will be an antagonistic force. So far, Penny shows a clear apprehension toward Ironwood. The Volume 2 Trailer shows that an Atlesian Paladin (unveiled in Episode 3) will be shown off to the White Fang and even bear its symbol, signifying either it was stolen or that Ironwood gave it to them.
    Two unnamed members of the Atlesian Military may yet turn out to be common grunts as the girl with green eyes seems to have a duplicate with blue eyes working at Vale's Transmit System Tower (or at least in the operation terminal to which the tower connects).

Weiss was recently revealed to have a sister. As we do not know her age, it has led to much speculation. It is believed that since Weiss is the Schnee heiress, that Winter must be younger, but children to get disinherited. I believe Winter is older and was disinherited, perhaps for political reasons. I think she was on a team with other season-themed characters, namely Summer Rose and possibly Cinder Fall or perhaps someone related to her. There may be a fourth named for spring.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?

I could swear that Monty said he wanted to avoid panty shots. So then, what is this?

Am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X View Post
    I could swear that Monty said he wanted to avoid panty shots. So then, what is this?

Am I wrong?
    Forgive me I haven't watched the second season yet... is that dude fighting with a leek?