Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mottos You Live By

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Mottos You Live By

"If you really want something, don't take no for an answer."

I'm not talking about rapey things, but things like wanting to travel, or having the kind of career you want. I live by this. Time and time again, I've been told no, but this has never detered me from trying and has proven to be successful in most cases.

What mottos do you live by?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Treat others how you want to be treated.

Sometimes I get upset and fall short of this but I always try my best to be good to others, even if they haven't been good to me.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

:monster:

Bros Befo Hos
    Pimps Up, Hos Down

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Everything will always work out in the end.

Why not?

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Hmmm... There is one but I can't quite think of it just now. How ironic xD

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Apologize in a fight even if you think you are in the right. You don't have to apologize for how you feel, but apologize for engaging in an upset and aiding to or fueling an unnecessary fight.

Suck it up and admit when you're wrong.

and I also live by Everything will work out in the end. Somehow it always does for me.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yes, it's a Cheryl Cole lyric but... If it's worth having it's worth fighting for.

First you get the money, then you get the power, then you get the woman

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

"We've all been sordid we've all been heart but how I'll survive is what makes me who I am" this is a lyric from a Dashboard Confessionals song and I have it tattooed on my arm.

This is my tat I'm thinking of getting some wicked tribal art to it:

It's helped me get through some tough times such as when I was constipated for four days or the time my sister caught me wearing her panties.

trust everyone but always cut the cards!

its an old poker adage or w/e!!

it means trust everyone but also dont trust anyone i guess?!

(mottos are dumb and for children)

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Wear SunscreenWear sunscreen.

If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be it. The long-term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by scientists, whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this advice now.

Enjoy the power and beauty of your youth. Oh, never mind. You will not understand the power and beauty of your youth until they've faded. But trust me, in 20 years, you'll look back at photos of yourself and recall in a way you can't grasp now how much possibility lay before you and how fabulous you really looked. You are not as fat as you imagine.

Don't worry about the future. Or worry, but know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubble gum. The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried mind, the kind that blind sides you at 4 p.m. on some idle Tuesday.

Do one thing every day that scares you.

Sing.

Don't be reckless with other people's hearts. Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours.

Floss.

Don't waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind. The race is long and, in the end, it's only with yourself.

Remember compliments you receive. Forget the insults. If you succeed in doing this, tell me how.

Keep your old love letters. Throw away your old bank statements.

Stretch.

Don't feel guilty if you don't know what you want to do with your life. The most interesting people I know didn't know at 22 what they wanted to do with their lives. Some of the most interesting 40-year-olds I know still don't.

Get plenty of calcium. Be kind to your knees. You'll miss them when they're gone.

Maybe you'll marry, maybe you won't. Maybe you'll have children, maybe you won't. Maybe you'll divorce at 40, maybe you'll dance the funky chicken on your 75th wedding anniversary. Whatever you do, don't congratulate yourself too much, or berate yourself either. Your choices are half chance. So are everybody else's.

Enjoy your body. Use it every way you can. Don't be afraid of it or of what other people think of it. It's the greatest instrument you'll ever own.

Dance, even if you have nowhere to do it but your living room.

Read the directions, even if you don't follow them.

Do not read beauty magazines. They will only make you feel ugly.

Get to know your parents. You never know when they'll be gone for good. Be nice to your siblings. They're your best link to your past and the people most likely to stick with you in the future.

Understand that friends come and go, but with a precious few you should hold on. Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography and lifestyle, because the older you get, the more you need the people who knew you when you were young.

Live in New York City once, but leave before it makes you hard. Live in Northern California once, but leave before it makes you soft.

Travel.

Accept certain inalienable truths: Prices will rise. Politicians will philander. You, too, will get old. And when you do, you'll fantasize that when you were young, prices were reasonable, politicians were noble and children respected their elders.

Respect your elders.

Don't expect anyone else to support you. Maybe you have a trust fund. Maybe you'll have a wealthy spouse. But you never know when either one might run out.

Don't mess too much with your hair or by the time you're 40 it will look 85.

Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia. Dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it's worth.

But trust me on the sunscreen.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

If you're not going nowhere, then you're not gonna get anywhere

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    "We've all been sordid we've all been heart but how I'll survive is what makes me who I am" this is a lyric from a Dashboard Confessionals song and I have it tattooed on my arm.

This is my tat I'm thinking of getting some wicked tribal art to it:

It's helped me get through some tough times such as when I was constipated for four days or the time my sister caught me wearing her panties.
    Ok, Steve.

Another day, another dollar