Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Watch Dogs is out!

Blog Entries

I remember the first clip of it that came out a few years ago, and I thought it looked really cool and interesting until he suddenly decided to pull out an automatic rifle and start gunning down waves of people in between explosions, Gears Of War style. Has this changed?

there was a picture here

The combat is much more comparable to Saints Row oddly enough, but much less goofy.

The hacking probably could have been better, but that said all the hacking tricks are fun as hell to do on the run. Screwing with traffic lights, raising bridges, opening and closing gates, rasing and lowering the road blockers, all add a lot to the games driving, which I haven't phased through any obsticals yet, and I'm, most likely, nearly finished with act 2.

Triggering thing to overload, explode, and all sorts of other things keeps the ground combat a lot of fun. It's more about how you use the environment around you then how you use your guns to win a fight.

I think the Voice acting is not bad, just inconsistant. Except Jordi and Aiden. I think Aiden is pretty consistently good, and Jordi is smurfing wonderful. Like, oh my god I love Jordi. I want his game so much.

The writing so far has been incredible. I just got to The Bunker, though i won't spoil what that is exactly for the rest of you.

It may not deliver on the hype of how amazing the hacking was going to be, but I still find they made great use of it.

Also, Perhaps I'm not having the driving issues you are due to mine being the PS4 version? Not sure though.

Resident Fire Emblem Fan Elite Lord Sigma's Avatar

I have the 360 version of the game as a result of forgetting about my months-old pre-order. I've installed the game on my console, but I actually haven't had an opportunity to play it yet due to reasons beyond my control.

Just beat Watchdogs and....

I think the ending is kind of out of order. You get what seems like it should be the big climax, then then the game actually ends on finishing up a few loose ends, and it feels awkward.

This will spoil end game for you
    So, after all the hacking you finally find out Iraq was the second hacker, got a bunch of blackmail on pretty much everyone in the city. After he's handled, you save your sister from your old partner, and then you go after the guy who ordered the hit that killed your daughter, Lucky Quinn. You kill him off, find out this was all to keep a video safe (One he simply assumed you were after at the Murlot.) and you get your showdown with him and kill him off, get the data to expose the whole thing.

...And this isn't the end of the game. Maurice kills Clara, and somehow hacks into the entirety of the ctOS, just because this still needed resovled. And you and T-Bone do stuff and go kill him.

THough as it turns out Jordi was just given a contract to come kill you. And he does, cause... I dont' know. Anyway you kill Maurice, Jordi survives and continues working with you cause he's all business, and game over.

I really don't see why Jordi was even thrown in that last scene there to be fully honest. It was just.. awkard.

Really the whole Maurice thing shoudl have been tied up prior to QUinn, who really felt like he was the finally the game had built too. THe bit of Maurice hacking the entire ctOS comes completely out of left field at the end.

Asside from the end game smurfery, this was a pretty damn good game. They made excellent use of the hacking for combat purposes, even if out of combat it was pretty basic, and it was actually a pretty damn challenging game. On PS4 I've got none of teh bugs I'd been hearing about popping up on other systems, so if you have a PS4 I definitely recommend.