Thread: Is Lenna the most underrated party member?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Question Is Lenna the most underrated party member?

Sure her quest to find her father starts off the whole quest but outside of her history with the Wind Drakes, I feel like she gets quickly overshadowed by the rest of the cast pretty quickly. Hell Krile is basically a Mary Sue version of her. Thoughts?

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

Bartz: Main character
    Galuf: Bad ass old man
    Faris: Bad ass pirate
    Krile: Galuf`s granddaughter
    Lenna: Princess..

>>> She is at disadvantage if you ask me..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

The Lenna/Krile relationship reminds me of the Rudy/Olivia relationship on the Cosby show. Once Rudy grew up, they needed a new "cute kid" to replace her, so they brought in the ever annoying Olivia.

In FFV, they eventually decided to replace Lenna w/ Krile as the "cute character". Both have a lot of the same personality traits. Both are Princesses (maybe Krile isn't officially). Both have a hard-on for animals (especially wind drakes). Both mourn their dead old relative. Basically, the producers wanted to up the cute factor, so they brought in anime eyes. Staring @ you. Watching you sleep. Watching you shower...

1918.gif

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Don't be harsh on Krile, she's a good kid!

Reina (sorry she will always be that to me) does indeed get left behind in a way. She was shaping up nicely as the female lead but then she sort of fades away.

The fact that Reina recklessly tries to kill herself twice with Dragon Grass doesn't help.

edit: yeah, Reina. I'm with psychotic.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Galuf > [some distance] > Faris > Lenna > Bartz > [light years] > Krile

I thought she had a lot more potential for further development but at the same time I kind of like that not every character has to have this beginning-to-end deep story like they do in many of the other FF games. Having a lack of serious airtime spend on the characters allowed me to really enjoy the gameplay all the more.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Tangentially related: I like how the GBA translation "corrected" Reina's name to Lenna, but then they looked at Bartz vs. Butz and said "...you know, we should probably leave it as Bartz."

Quote Originally Posted by metagloria View Post
    Tangentially related: I like how the GBA translation "corrected" Reina's name to Lenna, but then they looked at Bartz vs. Butz and said "...you know, we should probably leave it as Bartz."
    One is a mistranslation (Reina) the other one is not but just the western version (Bartz). Just like Claire is a western version of "Ekureru", so actually "Eclair" or Aeris is the mistranslation of "Earisu" which is meant to be "Aerith". There are intentional changes and changes that were not supposed to be changes at all. Terra = Tina = intended. Bizarro Sephiroth = Reverse Sephiroth = Rebirth Sephiroth = unintended

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Don't be harsh on Krile, she's a good kid!

Reina (sorry she will always be that to me) does indeed get left behind in a way. She was shaping up nicely as the female lead but then she sort of fades away.
    I don't hate her @ all. It's just that she watches you do everything. EV-ER-Y-THING.

Bartz- Goofy, outgoing, silly, fun- though at heart struggling over the death of his parents

Galuf- At start starts off cliche with the memory loss, though slowly becomes a good friend to Bartz and is kind towards the girls and becomes a good leader and grandfather to Krile.

Faris- Badass female pirate chick that at first believes that she has to follow gender rules to do what she wants to do, and then realizes that she just needs to be herself and she becomes comfortable within her own skin. Inspirational.

Krile- Annoying at first, though she's a nice and intelligent girl and she's extremely brave and courageous. Even though she's young and lacks experience in battles; she has the balls to stand up to Ex- Death more than once. If there's anybody who is underated, it's her.

Lenna-Nice Princess chick aaaaand that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    I don't hate her @ all. It's just that she watches you do everything. EV-ER-Y-THING.

She knows what you did .....
    Last edited by maybee; 06-01-2014 at 09:34 AM.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

red UI? You're not a communist, are you?
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

3 Berserkers seems to be overkill for that part of the Tower.

That leaves Bartz alone to face the Magic portion.