Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: X-2 is the best Final Fantasy game.

Default X-2 is the best Final Fantasy game.

A controversial statement? Maybe. But don't assume I am a troll. This game has heart and engulfed me into its world like no other.

Let's start with Final Fantasy X, and why I think it's a terrible game that should never have been created. NEVER. FFX is far from the masterpiece people claim it to be, and FFX2 is the only thing on this planet that justifies its existence.

Tidus was a terrible protagonist. I can see why he is a dream thing that's not an authentic soul because nothing he does or says seems to have any substance. I see his character arc as a metaphor for the ultimate fates of badly written fictional characters. I laughed when he dissipated into nothingness.

The plot of X was also dire. machina? They're called machines, for god sake! And the Al Behd were basically Polish immigrant. Yuna's martyrdom was also too much to take. Every second, she played up to the role of the martyr, courting sympathy because she's gonna die and blah blah blah. Lots of people die, Yuna. We ALL die someday. She definitely abused her position as a summoner for attention and sympathy. Dona should have been the main character. Her no-nonsense quips made her fascinating.

There are so many things wrong with this game; slow battle system, undeveloped characters, the trite religious allegory.

Well, NONE of these flaws are present in FFX2. The characters have progressed...Yuna is now genuinely a fame-hugry voluptuous woman who has cast off her pretensions, Rikku has decided to forego clothes and drop the innocence act, and Paine is a hearty, reliable lesbian, truly a welcome addition from the LGBT community.

I LOVE the dresspheres.

I LOVE sphere break.

I LOVE that Dona gets more screen time.

I LOVE that Auran, Tidus are gone, and that the other characters are present but you can go through the game and ignore them till the very end if you so wish. I snubbed Wakka! he deserved it.

I LOVE LeBlanc. Her wit, heart and mannerisms make her the most enjoyable Final Fantasy villain to date. She's like a sluttier Kefka, but camper and more down-to-earth. Her romance with Nooj is more real than any bond Cloud shared with Aries.

The non-linear narrative is amazing. A-MAAAAA-ZING. Infinitely better than FFX's cheap, linear, boring, preachy depressive story that is barren of life.

FFX-2's story is simple but deep - it tells a story from the perspective of a young girl who just wants to find her old boyfriend, but has to deal with global issues and social problems. It deals with hot-button topics like war, social stratification, fanaticism, the true nature of love. And of course, Yuna self-development is amazing.

Paine's backstory is INTRICATE and DEEP and could have been an entire game in itself. Why do people dismiss her. Is it because she's GAY?

All of the above lay blatant for the eyes to see in this game, along with amazing J-pop music and three overly-sexualized girls as main characters.

All in all, it's a great game.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

No, it isn't the best final fantasy game, but I do enjoy it a lot.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Blog Entries

I find it great that you took such a liking to X-2. Not that many people can enjoy it like that.

I do love X as well though.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I loved FFX-2. I agree with Mirage that I don't think it's the best, but it's certainly a much better game than people give it credit for. Although, it does seem these day it's no longer cool to hate (that's FFXIII and its sequels) and people are appreciating it much more.

I find your assessment of FFX odd (just like, strange points) but hey, to each their own.

Although, just to point out: 'machina' is Latin for machine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Well if you want make-up over depth of character I can see why X doesn't appeal to you and X-2 does. I live in opposite world though.

A certain name used in a narrative does not mean the narrative is bad as with your machina example. Also what's wrong with Polish immigrants? X battle system was actually pretty quick by the time it came out. Maybe it hasn't have aged too well but calling it slow is a little bit exaggerated in my book. Especially when compared to IX it holds up pretty well IMO.

I'd take Yuna's kindness over Dona's immature negative - and even supremacist - attitude any day. I'm having a hard time not to judge your own character if Dona is the type of character you admire. Then again at least she apologises at some point so I guess she deserves some credit.

I quite liked X. Didn't mind X-2 that much to be honest.

I do like it very much but, as good as the battle system is, it always seems so insignificant damage- and enemy HP-wise. Of course later you can do much damage but it feels different.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

I agree Final Fantasy X-2 is the best game if you're looking for fantasies that will be final until you're ready to go again.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I do love X-2, a lot, but I couldn't disagree w/ you any more on X. Also, just because Paine wears her hair in that manner doesn't make her a lesbian, her sexuality is never even taken into consideration.

I'm reporting your post to the CIA, the NSA, the FBI & Her Majesty's Secret Service. I'm sure the black helicopters will be over your house in a matter of minutes. Good day, sir.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

You forgot MI6. Now he's gonna get away!

Quote Originally Posted by Alive-Man View Post
    I quite liked X. Didn't mind X-2 that much to be honest.
    Kind of in the same boat. The thing that killed me about X-2 is how obnoxiously annoying some of the characters have become (i.e Brother being the biggest one) Not saying X-2 is a bad game just not close to being the best IMO. Also X-2 as a game seemed too easy not once in the game did I come to find a part difficult and that game destroyed blitzball for me.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I love that the first post you make here is to go over the wonders of X-2. However, you've forgotten to add an image to the OP:

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

It's completely legit to like FFX-2 though. I like the actual game part of X-2 better than X for sure.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    It's completely legit to like FFX-2 though.
    Absolutely. I like it as well

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

Quote Originally Posted by Love View Post
    Let's start with Final Fantasy X, and why I think it's a terrible game that should never have been created. NEVER.

>>> No..

FFX is far from the masterpiece people claim it to be, and FFX2 is the only thing on this planet that justifies its existence.
    >>> Wrong..

Tidus was a terrible protagonist.
    >>> No..

There are so many things wrong with this game; slow battle system, undeveloped characters, the trite religious allegory.
    >>> Wrong..

in FFX2. The characters have progressed...
    >>> LOL..

I LOVE the dresspheres.
    >>> Yes..

I LOVE sphere break.
    >>> No..

I LOVE LeBlanc.
    >>> Yes..

The non-linear narrative is amazing
    >>> No..

FFX-2's story is simple but deep

>>> The holes under the temples were deep..

Paine's backstory is INTRICATE and DEEP and could have been an entire game in itself.
    >>> Sure thing.. "The story of the camera girl", you can make like 3 games with that..

All in all, it's a great game.
    >>> Wrong..

don't assume I am a troll
    >>> Same here..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..