Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: X-2 is the best Final Fantasy game.

This thread

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    The merge happened before X-2 was created (or perhaps during development) and they fired a bunch of people who worked on the first game.
    The Japanese Final Fantasy X-2 still has "Squaresoft" on it, so they have had the fusion inbetween and only published it as "Square Enix" in the western part of the world.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

If I'm not mistaken, (which I probably am), the same team that worked on X worked on X-2. I know they used most of the models from the former for the later, as Lulu NEVER looks pregnant. Only Rikku & Yunie were changed (for obvious reasons).

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

X-2, the best? I wouldn't go that far. It does have one of my favourite cut scenes (1000 Words!) and the battle system is great fun, so fast and fluid. But in terms of story? It doesn't hold up. Though I do really like the whole Tidus / Shuyin / Yuna / Lenne business going on.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

I think Final fantasy 9 is the best, there I said it. To be honest I only managed to get this persons rubbish argument by reading everyone taking it apart.
    "Pretty mysterious Neptune of gameindustry, in the name of the Basilicom I'll punish you!"

It's fine to like ffX-2 over X but I your views over Yuna as a character seem warped to me.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

not my favourite, but it's very close to my heart. n_n i remember back in my EoFF early years i would do nothing but blindly praise it, kinda like a majority of thread's original post. it gave me warm fuzzies being able to re-experience the int+lm content in (but in english) so many years later.

ps: there's nothing that states pain is gay, she's compartmentalizing most of her emotions for a chunk of the game. but yes i know you weren't referring to her cheery demeanor. she (until confirmed by her creators) merely has a short, spunky hairdo. the only different thing about her default clothes is that they're black, rather than the normal warmth you get from spiran attire. whatever information there is pertaining to her sexuality remains her business (canonically). in a final fantasy game stereotypes are very specific (a shining example is the bath house in VII).

I prefer FFX over FFX-2. For me, the story is better and I enjoyed Tidus' point of view more than Yuna's.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Love View Post
    And the Al Behd were basically Polish immigrant

Okay, this got awkward for me real quick

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva95 View Post
    I prefer FFX over FFX-2. For me, the story is better and I enjoyed Tidus' point of view more than Yuna's.
    Here at EOFF we encourage all view points. Even the wrong ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Matt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiva95 View Post
    Here at EOFF we encourage all view points. Even the wrong ones.
    I said that I prefer Tidus' point of view, not that I don't like Yuna's

I prefer X-2 Yuna as a character to Tidus but I prefer X's story. Then again, X-2 is literally only like 35% story. Well, the "main story." My first playthrough of it an eternity ago I only did the main story and I'm pretty sure I only got about 30-something% Completion. People say X was too linear (I disagree) but X-2 is most certainly too optional.

The soundtrack in X-2 is also the worst in the series. That isn't a criticism really - it just shows how good the OST is in every other FF. Plus despite it being inferior to X, X-2 has several absolutely amazing tracks like 1000 Words and Eternity - Memory of Lightwaves. Several more too but those are the obvious ones. The normal battle theme though is right down there with Chrono Cross' "Gale."

It's a very fun game though. I just wouldn't say it's my favorite. It doesn't have my favorite Story or Characters or Soundtrack.

That all being said...it capitalized on the sequel idea perfectly. As already discussed, it deals with Religion as much as X does. It just deals with how the absence of a grand, unified purpose to everyone's life causes a lot of chaos, confusion and pain. Also Yuna's character development was absolutely perfect.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

X-2 doesn't really have a story. It just centers around a macguffin, the sphere w/ "you know who" in it.

I like X-2's soundtrack. Much more memorable than other ones.

X-2's soundtrack is one of my five favorite of all time. (The others: VII, VIII, either III or XII, and my favorite: SO3.)