Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: We want your Eyes on Final Fantasy Memories!

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

This one came to mind pretty quickly:

Back in the 2005/06 days of EoFF, MSN was still a pretty big thing. Aside from talking on the EoFF chat a lot of members would have your hotmail handle as well.

I tried to add Psychotic on MSN and he sent me on a wild goose chase! I would add an e-mail he responded to me with, I would talk to said person, then they would be like "Nah, this is Moon Zapdos" or whoever. I caught on pretty quick when I realized he tried to give me the e-mail of someone that I already had on my messenger

I probably made about 5 new EoFF friends during the search and you know what? I don't even remember if I ended up talking to Paul on there or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Leonhart View Post
    This one came to mind pretty quickly:

Back in the 2005/06 days of EoFF, MSN was still a pretty big thing. Aside from talking on the EoFF chat a lot of members would have your hotmail handle as well.

I tried to add Psychotic on MSN and he sent me on a wild goose chase! I would add an e-mail he responded to me with, I would talk to said person, then they would be like "Nah, this is Moon Zapdos" or whoever. I caught on pretty quick when I realized he tried to give me the e-mail of someone that I already had on my messenger

I probably made about 5 new EoFF friends during the search and you know what? I don't even remember if I ended up talking to Paul on there or not.
    I don't think I ever, ever managed to get his msn

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Don't give up on your dreams! He may give it to you now even though he may not use it anymore.

Do you think so? Paulchotic, is this true?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by theundeadhero View Post
    My first memory of EOFF took place when I wasn't even a member yet. In the Summer of 1999 I was looking for a Crono Trigger walkthrough and found the one by Spatvark hosted here.
    In the summer of 2000, I'd imagine. EoFF didn't exist during the summer of '99, and I'm pretty sure it was only the forums that existed until a bit later on, and I'm pretty sure Spatvark joined after 2000 (although it's possible I'm wrong there).
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Could have been.

In the summer of 1999, I was seven

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I would love to share!!

Let's see,

I hanged out in the Final Fantasy VIII forum mostly back in those days when I first joined and debate with that Future Esthar bloke on his theories.

After which I started hanging out in the General Chats more often and uses MS Paint for all kind of crazy things such as this one and my personal favourite. (Wonder why it got moved to the archive, lol)

I wrote a story too back in those days. That was pretty fun. Usually, I spend a lot of time promoting the way of usernoting, or visitor messages which it is called nowadays.

That goes on for a year or so then I left. I don't even remember the reason or maybe there isn't a reason.

When I return, I organized some events for the community just so everyone can have fun and have a laugh. Did I host the ciddies once? I cannot remember though.

And then I left again. lol.

EDIT: I remember why I left, one of the reason is because the loading time for the site is just too long for me. haha.

That pretty summarizes everything I guess. Might have missed out some parts though but I think I will keep this short.

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    I would love to share!!

Let's see,

I hanged out in the Final Fantasy VIII forum mostly back in those days when I first joined and debate with that Future Esthar bloke on his theories.

After which I started hanging out in the General Chats more often and uses MS Paint for all kind of crazy things such as this one and my personal favourite. (Wonder why it got moved to the archive, lol)

I wrote a story too back in those days. That was pretty fun. Usually, I spend a lot of time promoting the way of usernoting, or visitor messages which it is called nowadays.

That goes on for a year or so then I left. I don't even remember the reason or maybe there isn't a reason.

When I return, I organized some events for the community just so everyone can have fun and have a laugh. Did I host the ciddies once? I cannot remember though.

And then I left again. lol.

EDIT: I remember why I left, one of the reason is because the loading time for the site is just too long for me. haha.

That pretty summarizes everything I guess. Might have missed out some parts though but I think I will keep this short.
    I will read this story every night before sleep

Am I late to the nostalgia party?

:goomba:

EDIT: WHERE IS MY GOOMBA

SEXY McAWESOME TO YOU, MISTER

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Daniel purged them all. Here, have a pitchfork.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I remember when Square Enix made good final fantasy games.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I was one of the lucky people that had the pleasure of talking to DK and Psychotic every week on MSN or Xbox Live. My fondest EoFF members are probably on Xbox Live actually playing with Jess, DK, Psy, and BoB. BoB probably doesn't remember, but he was horrible at Halo. Probably even worse than me, and that's a feat. The best memories are Mafia moments, or in my user notes. I spent a large portion of my time during 2006 - 2007 in my user notes. Good times indeed.

I have a few MSN voice recordings stored away in some folder on an old flash drive. If I feel brave enough, I'll post a few. xD They feature myself, and many other EoFFers thinking we can do voice acting or sing.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    I have a few MSN voice recordings stored away in some folder on an old flash drive. If I feel brave enough, I'll post a few. xD They feature myself, and many other EoFFers thinking we can do voice acting or sing.
    That's a must hear. Do it for the history

Blog Entries

I remember winning the User Name Tournament with the fewest amount of votes ever. Hah!

I think I've won a couple of Ciddies too for my 'sad apple' avatar and related custom title. I was surprised by that because I sort of come and go from EoFF randomly and have never really ever stuck around for more than a few months at a time.

EoFF has always been my startup page though. It's amazing to think that I've stuck to that for 12 years.