Thread: Locke, Celes, and Rachel

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Pink Grin Locke, Celes, and Rachel

Honestly, this is one of my favorite love triangles in the series, simply because it's complicated in rather unconventional ways for the series. It also doesn't overtake the plot like most FF love stories and it ends more definitively than IV and VIIs. Let's discuss one of the best love stories in the series.

I actually really like it's one of the best built relationships between Locke and Celes, if only because it doesn't really hit a point of 'love' by storys end. Which makes perfect sense considering Locke's lingering attatchment to Rachael.

Upon his resolution in World of Ruin, you're actually at a place you could believe a real relationship could start between the two, and leaves it at that. Which is good, considering giant killer clown god is kind of a priority.

Of course that's why I'd be hesitant to call it a love story, as it's a lot more about Locke finally getting some resolution to his past and moving on then an actual love triangle.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I really like the tangential Terra involvement too, because Locke feels a little protective of her as well, and she's all confused about the concept of love.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Locke and his three ladies were a great addition to the stories of FFVI. I really enjoyed it, I felt it was very well played out.

Still. Spare a thought for poor Edgar. It seems Locke is the true Lady's Man (Ladies Man?) in this game.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Maybe when Relm's older she'll be interested in the middle-aged King of Figaro.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

This reminds me. I really wish someone would make a Dark Night parody where Harvey Dent screaming "RACHEL" is played over the scene where she falls off the cliff.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Ladies' man.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

This is the BEST in the series considering how complicated it is, well compared to most love stories in the history of FF...

Does anyone know fanfics about them? I've read many but I can't seem to get enough

By the way, Celes said something like "I've found someone who accepts me" does that mean she and Locke are in a relationship already??
    Last edited by Krizzy; 12-05-2017 at 12:30 PM.