Thread: Let's Play Mario Kart 8

Articles

Default Let's Play Mario Kart 8

One thing I'm noticing around the thread is that people are all posting old games that are older than the dawn of time itself. Not me, I'll be playing a game that is less than a week old!

Welcome to Mr. Shauna Plays Mario Kart 8!

I know many of you have heard the news about Mario Kart 8 being pretty well received, but with current situations you either don't want to invest the money in buying a new console just to play Mario Kart, Now with the Let's Play forum you don't have to! I'll be running through the 8 Cup showing you a mixture of all Retro and new courses and explaining my thoughts and opinions on Mario Kart 8.

Lets start off with the Mushroom Cup

You have a great voice for narrating these things. Now we know why Shauna keeps you around.

I'm wondering if coins might affect more than just speed. I seem to not get knocked around as much when I'm full on coins, so I'm suspecting that they may boost all stats, though I'm not sure.

Also, while the AI may be improved, they're still kind of pathetic on 50cc. I just finished the Lightning Cup on 50cc again (was resting after finally 3-starring everything except mirror), and I found that on a couple tracks, you can win with over a quarter of the track between you and the opponent. Except Rainbow Road 64 (which is awesome BTW), because it's actually one giant track, instead of a circuit. I mean, on one course I was hit by two Blue Shells and I still had a good two to three seconds on the next racer.

Drifting works differently with the varying speeds. Certain turns you can't drift on 100, you can on 150, etcetera. It makes it a little confusing to switch speeds. I don't really notice the speed increase itself (too much going on), but the handling differences stand out.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles

The only two fuctions that the coins offer are increasing top speed depending on how many you have. and unlocking kart parts. Maybe you just had a heavier can so got knocked about less.

I am starting to learn drifting again for this game, but It's kinda difficult. I got used to leaning into my turns liek in mario kart wii on the bikes, but that's not how this system works. It's butts.

i want this game so badly!

Articles

It is fairly rad. I managed to finish it all. Getting everything but the gold glider (10,000 coins). So It's been shelved for now. Might bring it out every now and again though.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

No more Let's Play, then?