Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GRAFTIN' and the Eyes On Final Fantasy Forums Experience. Also, where am I going?

Question GRAFTIN' and the Eyes On Final Fantasy Forums Experience. Also, where am I going?

Dear members of EoFF,

Are you a hard-graft-no-nonsense-working-worker? Does your job require sweat, blood and tears and anything else that comes out?
    Or are you slaving over the paper, scribbling, typing and occasionally being examined for how good you are at this but don't sweat it the rest of your life depends on it? Where do you want to go? TRY HARD AND YOU NEVER FAIL.

Are you where you want to be, or are you still on your way to getting there?

This is my 9th year here on this here website experience and when I joined as an innocent 13 year old, my life goals and plans were dramatically different to where I am now, where I plan to go, and pretty much every aspect of my entire life as a whole.
    Say, 10 years ago did you see yourself where you are now? Have you always had the same goals/plans in life? Or have they changed?

It's weird because a lot of members who are STINKY OLD TIMERS here now, when I joined were basically at the end of their education or just about to head into university etc. Now you're all in your lateish 20's how have your goals in life planned out so far? Maybe you changed your mind about your goals but it was much much for the better?

And finally, here we have, which I feel, is the most possibly relevant video to this thread I could possibly include here.

Alive-Man says look for the bear/bare necessities xxxxxx

Articles
    Blog Entries

Ten years ago I didn't even have a computer with internet. I didn't have plans for where I wanted to go and I was still in school. When I took up video editing in 2009 I thought about being the guy who cut together all those awesome movie trailers you saw on TV. That eventually died down. I decided to try writing video games reviews in 2011 and am now happy doing that as my occupation and have already made more money than I would have expected getting started.

I really can't imagine myself doing anything else except writing books and I'm perfectly happy with that.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My job isn't a hard one, just a tedious one. I get what I need to get done and then outrageously slack because I don't care about my job as I went into it thinking it would be a temporary placeholder (and it still is!)

I do not have my life planned out, not in the slightest. More of an adventure that way. And ten years ago I was a fifteen year old juvenile delinquent.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Ten years ago I was in university. God I'm old.

My job is very physical. It's awesome because it means I don't have to ever work out or go to the gym separately.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

I joined about 9 and a half years ago, oh dose times!
    I have no job lel, but what I do I do to 110% literally my band and music is my life right now and I push to be as best as I possibly can be when it comes to that. I did bass and for a few years I did vocals as well for the sake of keeping the rock rolling, I did a lot more than I really should have but effort = progress maaaaaan.

I was in education for a loooong time and even now I'm doing a part time Open University course to keep it going.

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Ten years ago I was lurking EoFF. Then I joined. I don't know what I intended to be at that moment but it probably wasn't this. It would almost be nice to have a 9-5 job so at least I could knock off at some point.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

I have a full time, monday-friday easy-peasy job. I mean it's so easy, if I come into work hungover, I can actually hide somewhere and sleep and nobody will notice if I'm gone for like 45 minutes.

It's not at all what I'm gonna spend my life doing, though. Still figuring that out. Definitely wanna do a lot of traveling, and a lot of different work.

I have no idea what career I would ever want to do.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't have a job and I am not where I want to be yet, but I'm trying to work towards getting there. I've made the first few steps lately which has been kind of scary and nerve wracking as I feel that any little misstep will undo everything I've been trying to do.

10 years ago I was 12 and in middle school

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Alive-Man View Post
    (SPOILER)Dear members of EoFF,

Are you a hard-graft-no-nonsense-working-worker? Does your job require sweat, blood and tears and anything else that comes out?
    Or are you slaving over the paper, scribbling, typing and occasionally being examined for how good you are at this but don't sweat it the rest of your life depends on it? Where do you want to go? TRY HARD AND YOU NEVER FAIL.

Are you where you want to be, or are you still on your way to getting there?

This is my 9th year here on this here website experience and when I joined as an innocent 13 year old, my life goals and plans were dramatically different to where I am now, where I plan to go, and pretty much every aspect of my entire life as a whole.
    Say, 10 years ago did you see yourself where you are now? Have you always had the same goals/plans in life? Or have they changed?

It's weird because a lot of members who are STINKY OLD TIMERS here now, when I joined were basically at the end of their education or just about to head into university etc.
    Now you're all in your lateish 20's
    I wish.

I change constantly, bouncing from one thing to the next. I've gone to "university" now for physics, English, humanities, writing, teaching, and engineering, and still haven't decided really what I want to do with any of it. Not for sure anyway.

I find it mildly disconcerting to think about the me I was when I joined EoFF a long ass smurfing time ago. Not because of what I was or wasn't then or am or am not now, but because it makes me think: am I that same person? Am I a single person, a single personality, do I really know who I am?

My goals have always been the same, and have always been changing.

Do we even have personalities? Are our personalities and consciousness just a result of continuous brainwaves? Who are we

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Hey, I'm not in my late twenties yet.

I didn't go to University. I fell into my career, rather than choosing it. I recently changed jobs (2 months) within the same industry and my new job is way harder than my old job. I've always been a hard worker. I don't use my phone (except on my lunch), or surf the web. I don't slack. I often look at the clock and realise it's already past 5pm and I could have already gone home. In the space of the last 2 weeks I've racked up over 8 hours of flex time without even meaning to!

I like my job. But something I've been interested in is becoming a SOCO (Scenes of crime officer) but it's 2 years of training with a really crappy wage until fully trained, and I don't think I could go from earning the wage I do now to a lot less for two full years.

I've been on both sides of the spectrum. I've had desk jobs, and I've also had maintenance dishwashing jobs.

I plan my life out to the year, but I usually end up not doing as I planned so it's really quite pointless.

Ten years ago I was a 12 year old bb sk8er boi.

Blog Entries

I am a goddamn workaholic workhorse, which will be really good when I have my own pet grooming business. I honestly get really restless on my days off and slightly (ONLY A LITTLE) wish I was working, at least when I have no plans. But then again, I love what I do. Though at times, I get burnt out from it...and i wish i made more money. *AHEM* I can't do desk jobs. I had one once, I got fired for falling asleep at my desk multiple times. I just don't like sitting around I guess.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Alayna Mae (Sargatanas)

My day job is retail. I don't think I need to say anything more for most people to understand why I hate it.

I'm trying to get a job at the university asap, working with prospective/new students until I can eventually become an academic there (in twelve months or so). I write in basically all of my spare time and have made a little bit of money there. The ball is rolling for that to be a legitimate job eventually as well. University studies aren't exactly a paying job, but that definitely feels like work too.

My future is fuelled by the fires of words, wit and companionship.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

10 years ago I would've been starting University.

Can't really say my life panned out how I thought it would, but I never really had a clear goal in mind. It's be an interesting, certainly tumultuous, ride none-the-less.